Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

2 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

After a car comes back from welding, how much of a burn in does the car have to do compared to when a Flexity was first delivered (600 km)?

All cars, regardless of if they are new or returned from welding have to go through 600km of testing. 

6 hours ago, CLRV4094 said:

4403 is signed onto 301 atm for in service testing 

It still tracking as a 301 in the service bay of all place since about 2 pm that was noted by another poster then. Haven't seen this before with any new car or any returning cars to date.

4402 is back on the yard service track.

4406 was out in the yard early today, but back in the service bay and been 77 days since it arrived back from welding and the longest so far for a returning car to reenter service.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 6:53 AM, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

Was it the blockade that forced bombardier not to use Rail? Could of used CP from Montreal 

I don't know.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 3:16 PM, meltingtomato said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't La Pocatiere served by CN? If so, wouldn't the interchange cost from CN to CP be more expensive then the cost of just using the truck the whole way?

This is correct, La Pocatiere is indeed served by CN. The TTC cars that have been sent off for welding work have been transported by CP to Montreal, where they were interchanged with CN for the continuing trip to La Pocatiere. On their way back from La Pocatiere to Kingston, they were shipped by CN for the entire trip. All cars that have returned from Kingston to Toronto so far (except 4403) were shipped by CN, and they were interchanged with CP in Maple before re-delivery to Hillcrest.

I am not sure about the interchange costs between the different freight carriers. Perhaps one of our better informed colleagues can chime in.

14 hours ago, drum118 said:

Other than 4403 due to no rail service, all cars have been shipped by rail to TTC from Kingston.

That is incorrect. Car 4579, the last car built in Kingston as part of this order, has also been shipped by truck, directly to Leslie Barns.

Also for the sake of accuracy, perhaps can someone edit the wiki entry for 4579 to indicate it was delivered directly to Leslie, not Hillcrest.

11 hours ago, Ultimate said:

Updated! Were any other cars directly delivered to Leslie?

Wiki says 4403 was delivered to Leslie in May 2014. I thought it was delivered to Leslie last week.

Was Leslie even open in May 2014?

13 hours ago, ttc rider said:

I don't know.

This is correct, La Pocatiere is indeed served by CN. The TTC cars that have been sent off for welding work have been transported by CP to Montreal, where they were interchanged with CN for the continuing trip to La Pocatiere. On their way back from La Pocatiere to Kingston, they were shipped by CN for the entire trip. All cars that have returned from Kingston to Toronto so far (except 4403) were shipped by CN, and they were interchanged with CP in Maple before re-delivery to Hillcrest.

I am not sure about the interchange costs between the different freight carriers. Perhaps one of our better informed colleagues can chime in.

That is incorrect. Car 4579, the last car built in Kingston as part of this order, has also been shipped by truck, directly to Leslie Barns.

Also for the sake of accuracy, perhaps can someone edit the wiki entry for 4579 to indicate it was delivered directly to Leslie, not Hillcrest.

Forgot about 4579, as the the other new cars came by rail. 4400 was first delivery by truck to Hillcrest, but by rail when rebuilt. 4403 also came by truck from Kingston to Leslie. Don't have them listed by mode of arrival or where other than Hillcrest.

7 hours ago, drum118 said:

4400 was first delivery by truck to Hillcrest, but by rail when rebuilt. 4403 also came by truck from Kingston to Leslie. Don't have them listed by mode of arrival or where other than Hillcrest.

Car 4400 was originally delivered by rail from Thunder Bay to Lambton Yard in Toronto and then trucked to Hillcrest in the early morning of September 29, 2012. The rail spur and the ramp at Hillcrest that currently allow delivery by rail did not exist at the time.

Two cars were shipped by flatbed truck from the Millhaven facility in Kingston so far: 4579 in December 2019 and 4403 last week after welding repairs in QC.

The offloading ramp at Hillcrest has been used for all the other movements on and off-property so far. The first time it was used was on March 25, 2013 when car 4402 was delivered as a prototype car.

30 minutes ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4400 was originally delivered by rail from Thunder Bay to Lambton Yard in Toronto and then trucked to Leslie in the early morning of September 29, 2012. The rail spur and the ramp at Hillcrest that currently allow delivery by rail did not exist at the time.

Two cars were shipped by flatbed truck from the Millhaven facility in Kingston so far: 4579 in December 2019 and 4403 last week after welding repairs in QC.

The offloading ramp at Hillcrest has been used for all the other movements on and off-property so far. The first time it was used was on March 25, 2013 when car 4402 was delivered as a prototype car.

You sure it was delivered to Leslie? TTC video back from 2012 shows it being delivered to Hillcrest.

16 minutes ago, Andythagiant said:

You sure it was delivered to Leslie? TTC video back from 2012 shows it being delivered to Hillcrest.

Sorry, that was a slip-up. I meant Hillcrest. Of course it didn't get delivered to Leslie, as Leslie did not exist at the time! I have edited my previous message. I checked again what I wrote and everything else is correct. Thanks for catching this.

16 hours ago, CLRV4094 said:

4406 is currently waiting for a service bay to open up. Been 78 days so far and NO service. 

4403 is in the yard, on one of the deadline tracks. It hasn't gone out for testing as of late and I'm unsure as to when it will.

4402 went out last night and been at Hillcrest since 7 am when I first looked at it and still is. The last I saw of it, it was northbound on Church St. Either going have work done there or waiting to be ship to Quebec.

6 hours ago, drum118 said:

4402 went out last night and been at Hillcrest since 7 am when I first looked at it and still is. The last I saw of it, it was northbound on Church St. Either going have work done there or waiting to be ship to Quebec.

It's up at Hillcrest for the Vision installation, according to the other thread.

I kind of assumed that as Bombardier already rebuilt 4402 for 18 months ending in November 2016, that they didn't need to rebuild it again. But perhaps I'm being optimistic.

3 hours ago, nfitz said:

It's up at Hillcrest for the Vision installation, according to the other thread.

I kind of assumed that as Bombardier already rebuilt 4002 for 18 months ending in November 2016, that they didn't need to rebuild it again. But perhaps I'm being optimistic.

Also, Bombardier never rebuilt 4002 lol, as it was retired last May..... you mean 4402

20 hours ago, nfitz said:

I kind of assumed that as Bombardier already rebuilt 4402 for 18 months ending in November 2016, that they didn't need to rebuild it again. But perhaps I'm being optimistic.

4402 like 4400 was rebuilt June 12, 2015 to November 24, 2016, but it still needs to have its welds fix considering 4400 and 4401 had to. 4400 was shipped to QC September 07, 2018 and return October 03, 2019.

Given the length of time 4402 has been out of service as noted by others, close to a year turn around in place of 19 weeks to fix welds and taking TTC staff another 45 to X days to get the car back into service, is this a wise move to do it now???

Wouldn't it be better to have non weld car 4469 up to have VISION install first??

Unless 4402 will be one of the last cars to be fix around 2022-2024, not a good use of resources.

-4403 was last seen around 11:30 looping around Lesile

-4405 tracking in the service bay 

-4406 tracking outside of the city, not sure where it's physically located in Lesile atm 

-4402 tracking at Hillcrest signed onto 511 testing Vision system.

• Like 1