9 hours ago, drum118 said:

Haaaaa!!! a few days late. How about a few weeks when 4401 is delivery to Hillcrest along with all the 4600's. Spin doctors at work

For all practical purposes, Bombardier has met their commitment.

I suggest you pick other battles - such as prioritizing the ordering of additional cars for the existing system, which are badly needed (although no order can realistically be placed until after the current government at Queens Park is out of the office...)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Orion V said:

They should've extended the CLRVs until the board period after Jan 5, 2020 since not all the Flexities are in service while there are still a batch of working CLRVs instead of mass retiring them. Use em till they really drop.

Unfortunately with our luck if that were the call, there would have had some brutal arctic vortex type weather with air lines clogging left and right... Maybe if an added-centre-module ALRV had been tried it could have been refitted as an “all-electric”.

On 12/31/2019 at 10:50 AM, ttc rider said:

For all practical purposes, Bombardier has met their commitment.

I suggest you pick other battles - such as prioritizing the ordering of additional cars for the existing system, which are badly needed (although no order can realistically be placed until after the current government at Queens Park is out of the office...)

Why should I fight for more cars when I have being doing that from 2005 both being on public records and behind the scene since then, as well as of Nov 2019?

Time people on boards start putting the neck on the line for cars and other things like I have. Typing things here will do nothing to change things. To change transit, it has to be at all levels, but they march to a different beat than the transit folks and very hard to get them to change to your beat.

I said since 2005 it was going to be a big mistake going with 204 in place of 252 and going to bit you in the ass at the end of the day. Putting all your eggs in a basket going with one supplier for rolling stock will have a mess of broken eggs and late delivery.

People can say all they want about BBD meeting their comment or what every, but I deal with contracts for work. Under all contract terms I have seen, written and sign, BBD has fail to comply with the the terms of contract they sign as well public comment dates.

As it been stated over the years, the contract for the 204 or 252 should have been with 2 different suppliers for the delivery date. 2019 only saw BBD produced more cars than 2018 and 2017. Maybe TTC will look for 2 suppliers when these cars are to be replace come 2046.

So far it hasn't made a different who was in power at Queen Park since both parties have fail to support buying any streetcars for TTC since 1980's. The city of Toronto to be blame a lot of things since they fail to fund TTC at a level they should be, not based on the farebox.

4599 has been out testing the last few days

4406 still not tracking, but it could be out testing. Took 4400 46 days to reenter service and only 19 days so far for 4406.

4600 is either still a Lambton or could be at Hillcrest for off loading.

The GPS unit on car 4600 has been activated yesterday, so the car can be tracked online now.

The GPS unit on car 4406 has been (re)activated this morning as well, however the car appears to have some issues.

It was towed from Leslie to Hillcrest by car 4524 early this morning, and remains at Hillcrest for now.

It seems like there is no money to order the 60 expansion cars needed. A star article also indicated that there may not be enough buses to meet demand. 

That's interesting because we just sent some 17XX hybrids to scrap and retired 7800's when they could have been kept to rush hour extras?...

4599 has enter service on 504 (brbs) after arriving December 30, 2019
4600 has been out the last 2 days testing and currently heading to the Barns.
4406 GPS is all over the place.
Anyone seen 4601 yet?

On 1/10/2020 at 7:47 PM, meltingtomato said:

IIRC, it was related to the S50s and their level of particulate matter vs the ISLs, no?

It was specifically about the amount of visible particulate from the tailpipe when in operation, yes. They don't care about one versus the other, just that one seemed to be worse.

Dan

• Like 1

There were 5 Flexities out on 508 this morning.

Current AM peak schedule calls for (I believe) 160 cars - and  there 160 Flexities tracking as in-service around 9 AM. Are there still 2 RAD cars? That would make 162 cars required for AM peak.

So far TTC has accepted 199 cars (all but 4401 and 4600-4603). But 9 remain out-of-town for welding or flood damage (or recently returned but not yet in service like 4406).

So 162 of 190 cars represents a 17% spare ratio. Which seems like progress.

If they can maintain that, once all the flood-damaged and warranty-repair work is done, we could see 174 available at peak. Which might be barely enough to run 505 as well. I suspect reality is, that until they buy more cars, when there's no construction, that 502/503 and 511 will be using buses, in addition to the peak buses on 501 and 506.