On 2/26/2019 at 7:52 AM, bus_7246 said:

Since the car doesn’t have the updated software effective the September board, 504/514 destinations will be used until the car gets the update

Which seems odd, given that Bombardier didn't ship 4526 until months later. Sounds like someone loaded it with old software.

Though it would be data-related I'd think not software-related.

6 hours ago, nfitz said:

Which seems odd, given that Bombardier didn't ship 4526 until months later. Sounds like someone loaded it with old software.

Though it would be data-related I'd think not software-related.

I used to work in the maintenance department at Leslie along side Bombardier personnel. I’m more than 100% sure it’s the software. 4418 still used a combo of 504/514 exposures last Saturday as well. A guy I know was driving the car though 

Also, I think it was 4510 after a few days in service, I was follow in the car, but it had the old 504 to Broadview Stn signage before the September board (back in October I believe)

2 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

I used to work in the maintenance department at Leslie along side Bombardier personnel. I’m more than 100% sure it’s the software. 4418 still used a combo of 504/514 exposures last Saturday as well. A guy I know was driving the car though 

Also, I think it was 4510 after a few days in service, I was follow in the car, but it had the old 504 to Broadview Stn signage before the September board (back in October I believe)

I saw 4418 the day before and noticed it was still using the old program with the upper case destinations on 504.

11 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

Why would specific exposures be part of the software, rather than the data that the software uses?

What changes in the algorithm with the route change?

6 hours ago, nfitz said:

Why would specific exposures be part of the software, rather than the data that the software uses?

What changes in the algorithm with the route change?

When one thing get updated, the entire thing gets updated. Not sure about the stop announcement system, but it is Bombardier that does the update 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, smallspy said:

I show it as being delivered February 25th.

Dan

Car 4527 was delivered by CP late Saturday night and was offloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Mon, Mar. 4). Car 4493 was used to tow it off of CP's transporter.

• Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4527 was delivered by CP late Saturday night and was offloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Mon, Mar. 4). Car 4493 was used to tow it off of CP's transporter.

Okay.....

So what was spotted on the ramp on the 25th of February then? Was another car left there for 2 days?

Dan

1 hour ago, smallspy said:

Okay.....

So what was spotted on the ramp on the 25th of February then? Was another car left there for 2 days?

Dan

That must have been 4529, which had been delivered by CP over the weekend, and came off the transporter the next day, on the 26th.

2 hours ago, ttc rider said:

That must have been 4529, which had been delivered by CP over the weekend, and came off the transporter the next day, on the 26th.

Ahhh. My apologies then. I'll update my files.

Dan

• Like 1
12 hours ago, BusFreak93 said:

Spotted testing again on 501 this afternoon.

You will find it and other cars in testing using 501 to get to/from where it will be doing its test runs.

Both 4528 and 4529 were on 501 last night, with 4529 going to St Clair and 4528 going to Long Branch. 4528 is having a lot of issues with it GPS and spending more time in the service bay than 4529. 4573 is also having GPS issues that it hasn't been out for testing the past week.

• Like 1

4527 is now tracking.

4573 been outside the last 3 days and currently waiting for a space in the service bay on the west end track 11 since yesterday. Its the first time in a week it has seen the outside of the service bay. Been here 16 days so far.

4531 & 4532 waiting pickup in TB and looks like 4530 is in transit.

• Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4573 has entered service for the first time this afternoon on 501 Queen, 19 days after delivery.

It been ready since early morning to enter service and guess it was held back until the parade was over.

4527 was out testing last night and earlier today. May see service this coming weekend.

4528 been in the service bay for a fair number of days and next to enter service.

4530 still not tracking and should be any day since there is room for it now to start testing.

4531 & 4532 could show up this week for off loading.