Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

21 hours ago, ttc rider said:

That's what they've been doing since March, when car 4433 was delivered - brake tests at Hillcrest immediately upon delivery, then driving under their own power to Leslie. 4432 was the last car to be towed down to Leslie back in February. The reason I asked about 4452 being towed was that with multiple deliveries due until year-end, I suspected that some cars were to be shipped unfinished (just like they did last November) to meet the schedule, which may have required them to be towed. It turns out I was wrong.

The cars that were unfinished were driveable - it was the interior fittings that needed to be completed. In any case, it doesn't sound like Bombardier wants a repeat of that.

In other news, 4453 is sitting at the unloading dock and may be unloaded today. That depends on if CP comes by and shuffles the flat cars, however.

Dan

1 minute ago, dowlingm said:

It’s hard to know what to put where  - once it rolls off at Hillcrest I figure it is “delivered” :)

Personally I'd keep any news related to a new streetcar being delivered, undergoing testing, and entering service in the same place, as the testing period is directly related to the delivery (and acceptance) of a car.

For buses, traditionally the entry into service has been kept in the same thread as the delivery information: TTC Nova Bus Deliveries & Entered Service Tracking I don't see why the streetcars need to be any different.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Articulated said:

For buses, traditionally the entry into service has been kept in the same thread as the delivery information: TTC Nova Bus Deliveries & Entered Service Tracking I don't see why the streetcars need to be any different.

Perhaps the title could be changed to include "entered service tracking" then?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andythagiant said:

Unless I see some physical evidence that they have arrived, I would take that with a grain of salt...

Agree.

@bus_7246 if you read this, can you please confirm the cars that were delivered this week along with the dates when they were off-loaded?

I am trying to keep as accurate a delivery record as possible and the last one I know of is 4455 arriving on Dec. 6 (although I am not positive about that date either).

3 hours ago, 110B West Pickering said:

so in a week there is 56-60.

Is BBD finally picking up the pace now to the level that should have been from day one? Are they playing the same rushing game as university and college students trying to get in projects and assignments in before they're due for good? Probably not surprising for such a customized product - compared to off-the-shelf models like the Brussels STIB T3000/T4000.

Apparently 4458 was in Thunder Bay as of Saturday. Tweet from Jordan. 

"Received word from Bryan Martyniuk that #TTC New Streetcar 4458 was spotted in Thunder Bay waiting to start is journey South to Toronto!

#TOpoli 
@SwanBoatSteve 
@FlexityTracker 
@transittoronto 
@TORailwayMuseum 
@flexityoutlook"