Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4508 is finally tracking and lets see if it gets out today for a test run

4511 GPS has it outside of Toronto and expect the car being ready for service Mon-Wed this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4508 has been out testing since it first went out yesterday, except for a few hours in the service bay early this morning. Just return from today testing and enter the service bay. This is the 3 test run.

4511 is sitting at the front of the line on track 4 and ready to enter service on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4511 has enter service on 510 after being here 11 days

4508 is back out testing in Long Branch as it was out all night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If things goes right tonight, could be 4508 last test run. Was out testing as a 501 in service Monday noted by others and was a 501 in the yard and service bay when I saw it some hours ago,

It did some runs on 509 and currently heading to St Clair for more runs.

If nothing happens tonight, it could enter service Wed-Fri.

What car will show up tomorrow to be off loaded, 4512-4514??

Time getting short to have cars 4515-4521 plus 4570 & 4571 off loaded by Dec 21 or one of those cars on the 27, 28 and 31 depending on CP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, drum118 said:

What car will show up tomorrow to be off loaded, 4512-4514??

A new car was  offloaded at Hillcrest this morning (Tue, Dec. 4). I didn't catch the number, but I presume it is 4512. Can anyone confirm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we will see 4508 in Service on Wed as its sitting in the middle of track 7 in the yard. It was heading back to the Barns around 3:30 am as I heading to bed late and an early night for 4508. Spent the day in the service bay. Only taken 30 days to be in service. A fast prep for service.

Lets see how long it takes the car off loaded today to show up on the GPS and see testing. Then there 2 more to be off loaded this week as well.

This gives TTC 112 cars delivery, but only 107 that can see service at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

4512 was the offloaded car today (Tuesday, December 4th)

Many thanks for confirming this!

 

10 hours ago, drum118 said:

Looks like we will see 4508 in Service on Wed as its sitting in the middle of track 7 in the yard.

Nitpick: track 7 goes through the carhouse building and is used for inspections. The yard tracks are numbered 11 to 21. Refer to the attached official diagram.

Leslie_barns_track_diagram.jpg

10 hours ago, drum118 said:

This gives TTC 112 cars delivery, but only 107 that can see service at this time.

Another nitpick: as of today, there are indeed 112 cars delivered in total (not including prototype 4401), but only 104 available for service.

4512 has just arrived, 4400 & 4404 are off-property for repairs, and 4406, 4468, 4471, 4478 & 4486 are long-term holds at Leslie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ttc rider said:

Many thanks for confirming this!

 

Nitpick: track 7 goes through the carhouse building and is used for inspections. The yard tracks are numbered 11 to 21. Refer to the attached official diagram.

Leslie_barns_track_diagram.jpg

Another nitpick: as of today, there are indeed 112 cars delivered in total (not including prototype 4401), but only 104 available for service.

4512 has just arrived, 4400 & 4404 are off-property for repairs, and 4406, 4468, 4471, 4478 & 4486 are long-term holds at Leslie.

Thanks for the head up on track numbers, as I was using the north track (21) as 1 and going up as you went south. By the map, the 4508 was on track 15 last night

I haven't included 4401 in any numbers since it still a prototype until it return from Quebec as a production car.

I had 4 cars out of service for X time frame and forgot about one car, but not aware of the other 2.

Is 4513 being off loaded today or tomorrow, as it was supposed to be shipped at the same time as 4512?? 4514 could be here by Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ttc rider said:

4512 has just arrived, 4400 & 4404 are off-property for repairs, and 4406, 4468, 4471, 4478 & 4486 are long-term holds at Leslie.

I've haven't been paying attention lately. Why are 4406, 4468 and 4486 on long-term hold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 7575 said:

I've haven't been paying attention lately. Why are 4406, 4468 and 4486 on long-term hold?

4468 sustained front-end damage in a collision at King/Queen/River on November 15.

4486 has not seen service since September 27, when it was involved in an incident at St. Clair West Stn, whereby the newly-installed panto-only overhead collapsed and tore through the fiberglass on the front end of the roof of the car. The car then sat for almost two months in the dead line at Leslie (together with 4471,4478, 4239 and some CLRV's) waiting for spare parts. It was moved to the body repair bay (track 9) last week.

4406 encountered a failure of some sort on October 13 while in service on 512 St. Clair and has been out of commission since. It then spent more than a month in various service bays. On November 21, it made a short testing run to Russell and returned to Leslie the next day. It was then placed in the dead line at Leslie together with 4471 & 4478 and is still there as far as I know. Perhaps one of our better informed colleagues can fill us in about the status of this car.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ttc rider said:

4406 encountered a failure of some sort on October 13 while in service on 512 St. Clair and has been out of commission since. It then spent more than a month in various service bays. On November 21, it made a short testing run to Russell and returned to Leslie the next day. It was then placed in the dead line at Leslie together with 4471 & 4478 and is still there as far as I know. Perhaps one of our better informed colleagues can fill us in about the status of this car.

About a month or so ago there was a Flexity which shortly entering service had a pan drop, which then triggered other pans to drop on the line, and thus an hour-plus outage of service. The car was towed out of service, and the fact that it triggered other pan failures suggests to me that it caused damage to the overhead. I wonder if this was the car in question.


Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, smallspy said:

About a month or so ago there was a Flexity which shortly entering service had a pan drop, which then triggered other pans to drop on the line, and thus an hour-plus outage of service. The car was towed out of service, and the fact that it triggered other pan failures suggests to me that it caused damage to the overhead. I wonder if this was the car in question.


Dan

I don't think it is the same car.

The issue on 4406 occurred just before 4 PM on Oct. 13 (a Saturday), and by that point the car had been in service for many hours since early morning. It then sat for about an hour at Oakwood Loop and then recovery to Leslie Barns was done under its own power. It was not towed.

The incident you're describing - or something similar to it - happened on Oct. 1 with car 4475, which was an afternoon peak tripper just entering service at Bathurst & St. Clair when the panto dropped. That car was indeed towed to move it out of the way, but once southbound on Vaughan Rd, the trolley pole was deployed, and it headed back to Leslie under its own power. The car was back in service the next day, so it was likely a minor incident.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, drum118 said:

Is 4513 being off loaded today or tomorrow, as it was supposed to be shipped at the same time as 4512??

Car 4513 was offloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Thu, Dec. 6).

The GPS unit on 4512 has been activated, so the car can now be tracked online.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With 4512 tracking now and a lot faster than the last batch,  we may see it out testing this weekend. Could be in service by Dec 16, with 4513 by the 20th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, drum118 said:

With 4512 tracking now and a lot faster than the last batch,  we may see it out testing this weekend. Could be in service by Dec 16, with 4513 by the 20th.

so that means 4513 will be done delivery by end of this month? I think because they are closing the plant for christmas holiday. 

 Hopefully, 4514 will delivery on January 2019 and then continue to delivery for the rest of the fleet by end of next  year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sutharsan said:

so that means 4513 will be done delivery by end of this month? I think because they are closing the plant for christmas holiday. 

4513 arrived yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sutharsan said:

so that means 4513 will be done delivery by end of this month? I think because they are closing the plant for christmas holiday. 

 Hopefully, 4514 will delivery on January 2019 and then continue to delivery for the rest of the fleet by end of next  year.

I am saying if the standard 15 days from arrival to in service takes place, 4513 could see service come Dec 20th. 4514 is supposed to be in transit and could be the last car to enter service, subject what arrives next week. All of this is based on how long it takes a car to pass all test and burn in. Took 4508 a month compare to 11 days for 4511 that enter service before 4508

The last off loading day is Dec 21, but could be 27, 28 and 31, depending on CP delivering cars.

With 4572 in transit now and when it gets delivery, it may see service this year. Since this is the first car from Kingston, I expect TTC will take extra time to check the car out and see how it meets the standards from TB.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, drum118 said:

I am saying if the standard 15 days from arrival to in service takes place, 4513 could see service come Dec 20th. 4514 is supposed to be in transit and could be the last car to enter service, subject what arrives next week. All of this is based on how long it takes a car to pass all test and burn in. Took 4508 a month compare to 11 days for 4511 that enter service before 4508

The last off loading day is Dec 21, but could be 27, 28 and 31, depending on CP delivering cars.

With 4572 in transit now and when it gets delivery, it may see service this year. Since this is the first car from Kingston, I expect TTC will take extra time to check the car out and see how it meets the standards from TB.

Thanks for a clarification message here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×