Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

2 minutes ago, Orion V said:

Would 4466 had its retrofits done back in 2018 since it came with the broken trolley pole and had to be sent back right away. Maybe it became the first car they did the retro?

4466 was only gone a few months. The first retrofit, 4400, was absent for a year and a month. It seems highly unlikely to me that they would've been able to fix up 4466 so quickly, unless the quality of workmanship was considerably less shoddy than that of 4400-4465.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, T3G said:

4466 was only gone a few months. The first retrofit, 4400, was absent for a year and a month. It seems highly unlikely to me that they would've been able to fix up 4466 so quickly, unless the quality of workmanship was considerably less shoddy than that of 4400-4465.

It also wasn't sent to La Pocatière, where the upgrade work is being done.

Dan

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 9:15 PM, ttc rider said:

Railcar transporter JTTX 604594 was picked up by CP and left Hillcrest empty on Saturday (i.e. June 11) morning.

CP has delivered transporter JTTX 966016, carrying car 4459, to Hillcrest on Saturday.

Car 4459 to be unloaded this week.

4459 is off loaded and sitting in Leslie yard now. It had to be off loaded Monday

Leave it to you and other for off loading and in service info as we leave for Europe on the 20th on a fact finding trip and holiday until Aug

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 2:38 PM, drum118 said:

Looks like 4460 has been off loaded

No it has not. 

4460 is not back on TTC property yet.

3 hours ago, drum118 said:

By the look of things, 4461 was off loaded on Monday and at the Barns now

4460 is still tracking in Pickering

That is incorrect - car 4461 has been unloaded on Tuesday, June 28.

I have been remiss in not reporting on the latest Flexity movements, although I have tracked them.

Not much has happened since June 13 anyway.

To sum it up:

1. Car 4459 has been unloaded on Monday June 13. Car 4402 was used to tow it off railcar transporter transporter JTTX 966016. To recap, car 4459 had been loaded for transport to La Pocatiere on March 31, 2022, for a total turnaround time of 74 days. Car 4459 left Hillcrest and returned to Leslie under its own power the next day, on June 14 in the afternoon.

2. Car 4461 has been unloaded on Tuesday June 28. Car 4533 was used to tow it off railcar transporter transporter XTTX 142476. To recap, car 4461 had been loaded for transport to La Pocatiere on April 19, 2022, for a total turnaround time of 70 days. There may have been some issues with 4461, as it did not return to Leslie under its own power - instead, it was towed back to Leslie by car 4444 the next morning, on June 29.

3. At this point, there are 197 streetcars on TTC property. Cars 4460, 4462, 4463, 4464 & 4465 have yet to return from retrofits. Cars 4471 & 4478 have been off-property since April 3, 2019 and January 23, 2019, respectively after they were taken out of commission during the flash-flood on August 7, 2018.

• Like 1

Sorry, how exactly can 4460 be tracking in Pickering when the GPS is disconnected in transit and there are no TTC receiver towers in an area not served by the TTC?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T3G said:

Sorry, how exactly can 4460 be tracking in Pickering when the GPS is disconnected in transit and there are no TTC receiver towers in an area not served by the TTC?

That's the problem - it's not tracking.

And sometimes the system throws out gobbledygook that it manages to parse as a set of coordinates, and gives out garbage like a car tracking in Pickering. Or if you remember back several years, to buses being located in the middle of Lake Ontario.

Dan

26 minutes ago, smallspy said:

And sometimes the system throws out gobbledygook that it manages to parse as a set of coordinates, and gives out garbage like a car tracking in Pickering. Or if you remember back several years, to buses being located in the middle of Lake Ontario.

I remember with the CLRV’s for the longest time one was tracking in the middle of Lake Ontario 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smallspy said:

That's the problem - it's not tracking.

Dan

This is what I assumed was the case as well. I have no idea why stale or otherwise incorrect tracker sightings keep being reported in this thread. Obviously there is a lot of value to sightings from these services, but it can only go so far.

4 hours ago, T3G said:

This is what I assumed was the case as well. I have no idea why stale or otherwise incorrect tracker sightings keep being reported in this thread. Obviously there is a lot of value to sightings from these services, but it can only go so far.

Because there is a certain member who feels that he needs to be the first to report anything. Much like the news - it doesn't matter to be right, only to be first.

Dan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Car 4463 is back on property.

It was unloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Monday, July 18, 2022). 

Car 4539 was used to tow it off railcar transporter XTTX 142012.

To recap, car 4463 had been loaded up for transport to La Pocatiere, QC on Tuesday, May 10, 2022, for a total turnaround time of 69 days.

Car 4463 has returned to Leslie under its own power this afternoon.

4462 should be the next car to return - it is now at CP's Lambton yard, loaded onto transporter ITTX 965335, awaiting re-delivery to Hillcrest.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hummm!!!!...........Its 2303 (5:03 pm) for me where I am and 8,000's of miles from home to see no one has posted that 4459 has reenter service on 504. It enter service at 6:44 am

Don't have my master list with me to see when 4459 return, but could be June 7 nor the time to go looking for it.

Looks like there's some re-entry to service dates missing on the Wiki - https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Toronto_Transit_Commission_4400-4603

Looking at historical Transee data:

4445 returned to service on February 23

4449 returned to service on May 18

4455 returned to service on May 10

4456 returned to service on May 26

4459 briefly returned to service on July 6 for 3-4 hours (could have been a test - but did 3 runs) before returning on July 27

4 still off-property (plus 4471 and 4478); 2 waiting to return to service (4461 and 4463)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nfitz said:

Looks like there's some re-entry to service dates missing on the Wiki - https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Toronto_Transit_Commission_4400-4603

Looking at historical Transee data:

4445 returned to service on February 23

4449 returned to service on May 18

4455 returned to service on May 10

4456 returned to service on May 26

4459 briefly returned to service on July 6 for 3-4 hours (could have been a test - but did 3 runs) before returning on July 27

4 still off-property (plus 4471 and 4478); 2 waiting to return to service (4461 and 4463)

Updated.

I don't track these so if no one reports them here or the other non transit board, I won't know.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Orion V said:

BTW, are there any way to find out what route these recent back to service cars were on?
They are bucking the trend of the rest on that wiki page but only having the back to service date but no route information.

It should be in the TransSee vehicle history.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, drum118 said:

4463 has reenter service on 501

Thanks for the update!

13 hours ago, drum118 said:

This leaves 4462, 4464 and 4465 to be return to TTC

...and 4460. That one is still off property as well.

XTTX 142012, the transporter used to re-deliver 4463 has only been removed from Hillcrest this weekend....the siding had been blocked off for a couple of weeks by a long cut of autoracks...and even after the autoracks were removed, it took some additional time for CP to finally pick it up.

In turn, CP has delivered transporter ITTX 965335, carrying car 4462, to Hillcrest.

Car 4462 is to be unloaded tomorrow (August 9) in all probability...unfortunately, it has been vandalized with graffiti while sitting in Lambton yard for almost one month...it arrived at Hillcrest with two big drawings  - one on the windshield, the other one on the back window - plus a couple of smaller tags on the bogie skirts.