Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

Car 4415 is back on property as of this morning (i.e. Tue, Oct 13, 2020). It was towed off the railcar transporter by car 4534 at Hillcrest this morning.

To recap, car 4415 had been loaded up for transport to La Pocatiere, QC on Tue, May 26, 2020, so it was off-property for 140 days (or exactly 20 weeks), the shortest turnaround achieved so far for any of the cars that went through this process. The previous car that returned from QC was 4411 three weeks ago, and it too was off-property for exactly 20 weeks. 

In turn, car 4416 is off-property as of this morning. It headed to Hillcrest under its own power earlier this morning, and after car 4415 had come off, car 4534 was used to load it onto the same transporter for the trip to La Pocatiere, QC.

The last day of service for car 4416 was Monday, September 28 on 504B King.

Car 4415 has made its way from Hillcrest to Leslie under its own power this afternoon, after re-delivery yesterday.

Car 4416 has yet to be picked up by CP and is still at the loading dock at Hillcrest.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 8:57 AM, drum118 said:

4409 return from Hillcrest yesterday after getting VISION Installed and has reenter service on 509 after arriving 64 days ago

To recap:

Previous day in service: March 4, 2020

Sent to QC: March 13, 2020

Returned to Hillcrest: August 7, 2020

Total time off-property: 147 days

Re-entered service: October 10, 2020 (corrected)

Commissioning period after re-delivery: 64 days (corrected)

Total downtime: 219 days (corrected) - by far the shortest (by a margin > 150 days) of all the cars that had gone through this process until now.

Can someone correct the wiki entry re. the date of re-entering service? Thanks.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4415 has made its way from Hillcrest to Leslie under its own power this afternoon, after re-delivery yesterday.

Car 4416 has yet to be picked up by CP and is still at the loading dock at Hillcrest.

Not sure how you counted, but it took 57 days to re-commission it (not 64), following retrofits in QC and VISION installation once it was back in Toronto.

To recap:

Previous day in service: March 4, 2020

Sent to QC: March 13, 2020

Returned to Hillcrest: August 7, 2020

Total time off-property: 147 days

Re-entered service: October 3, 2020

Commissioning period after re-delivery: 57 days

Total downtime: 212 days - by far the shortest (by a margin > 150 days) of all the cars that had gone through this process until now.

Can someone correct the wiki entry re. the date of re-entering service? Thanks.

Entry has been changed to October 3.

If 4417 is off loaded Friday, it will be 133 days since it was loaded onto a flat. Days between shipping and receiving is getting shorter. Sitting in Lambton now.

4415 was out yesterday doing testing for the 2nd time I know of.

4411 is on the yard service track.

What car will replace 4417 on the flat??

21 hours ago, drum118 said:

If 4417 is off loaded Friday, it will be 133 days since it was loaded onto a flat. Days between shipping and receiving is getting shorter. Sitting in Lambton now.

Car 4417 has been dropped off by CP at Hillcrest last night, but due to the weekend, it will not be unloaded until Monday (October 26) at the earliest.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 9:19 AM, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Entry has been changed to October 3.

Thanks.

21 hours ago, drum118 said:

What car will replace 4417 on the flat??

I am being told 4419 is next in line to go.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drum118 said:

4409 has reenter service on 512

You're a little late to the party. Car 4409 has been back since Saturday, October 10, re-entering service on 509 Harbourfront.

You've reported that yourself - look up your message on the previous date.

Having said that, I have made an error, too in one of the previous posts. Funny how no one else spotted it, although it was quite obvious.

Date of re-entry of service for car 4409 should be October 10, not October 3. I have forgotten to count in the week the car has been at Hillcrest for VISION installation for some reason. I have corrected my October 14 post above. Sorry about that.

Can someone correct the wiki entry again? Thanks.

1 hour ago, ttc rider said:

You're a little late to the party. Car 4409 has been back since Saturday, October 10, re-entering service on 509 Harbourfront.

You've reported that yourself - look up your message on the previous date.

Having said that, I have made an error, too in one of the previous posts. Funny how no one else spotted it, although it was quite obvious.

Date of re-entry of service for car 4409 should be October 10, not October 3. I have forgotten to count in the week the car has been at Hillcrest for VISION installation for some reason. I have corrected my October 14 post above. Sorry about that.

Can someone correct the wiki entry again? Thanks.

Fixed.

Car 4417 is back on property as of this morning (i.e. Mon, Oct 26, 2020). It was towed off the railcar transporter by car 4535 at Hillcrest.

To recap, car 4417 had been loaded up for transport to La Pocatiere, QC on Fri, Jun 12, 2020, so it was returned after 136 days, the shortest turnaround achieved so far for any of the cars that went through this process.

In turn, car 4419 is off-property as of this morning. It headed to Hillcrest under its own power earlier this morning, and after car 4417 had come off, car 4535 was used to load it onto the same transporter for the trip to La Pocatiere, QC.

The last day of service for car 4419 was Friday, October 16 on 504B King.

• Like 1

4411 Reenter Service on 504B October 29/2020 (37 days) after returning on Sept 22/2020

As for my last posting, should had known better to wait until I go home to verify things since MS screw up my laptop to the point that most of my apps and all may data was gone. Took me a hour to get MS to allow me to use my laptop. Never seen this before and someone else had similar issues that I had to fix.

4409 tracking page was still up as it was I was tracking it when I last used the Laptop. It was in and out of the service bay over a number of days and then went into service as per my posting.

Car 4419 has finally been picked up by CP from Hillcrest last night. It was still at Lambton yard this afternoon, marshalled into a long train of freight cars.

After it had been off-loaded at Hillcrest on Monday, October 26, car 4417 returned to Leslie under its own power on Tuesday, October 27 in the afternoon, and it has started on-street testing today (Oct. 31).

Also, I know this may be off-topic, but since there is no separate thread to track Crosstown LRT deliveries, I am reporting here that car 6204 was re-delivered by CP rail to the storage facility in Mt Dennis. It was still on the railcar transporter this afternoon, awaiting to be off-loaded at the loading dock.

2 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4419 has finally been picked up by CP from Hillcrest last night. It was still at Lambton yard this afternoon, marshalled into a long train of freight cars.

After it had been off-loaded at Hillcrest on Monday, October 26, car 4417 returned to Leslie under its own power on Tuesday, October 27 in the afternoon, and it has started on-street testing today (Oct. 31).

Also, I know this may be off-topic, but since there is no separate thread to track Crosstown LRT deliveries, I am reporting here that car 6204 was re-delivered by CP rail to the storage facility in Mt Dennis. It was still on the railcar transporter this afternoon, awaiting to be off-loaded at the loading dock.

I don't think anyone here works for Crosslinx so we don't have insider info on the deliveries of the Freedoms here.

Since you brought it up, what do you mean "re-delivered"? Why did they ship it back to Bombardier after the initial delivery?

Actually, it sounds like 6204 may be currently en route to Thunder Bay.

If this is a good enough place as any, there are Crosstown cars (unfinished) being shipped regularly to Thunder Bay and finished cars coming back the other way. I hear fairly reliably about the moves, but don't have any way to correlate with actual car numbers as these are only applied after delivery to the MSF. I have seen the Crosstown car number written in grease pencil on the sides of some cars. The two-digit number on white paper taped to the windshield is not a Crosstown car number. 

- Paul

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 1:04 PM, crs1026 said:

Actually, it sounds like 6204 may be currently en route to Thunder Bay.

If this is a good enough place as any, there are Crosstown cars (unfinished) being shipped regularly to Thunder Bay and finished cars coming back the other way. I hear fairly reliably about the moves, but don't have any way to correlate with actual car numbers as these are only applied after delivery to the MSF. I have seen the Crosstown car number written in grease pencil on the sides of some cars. The two-digit number on white paper taped to the windshield is not a Crosstown car number. 

- Paul

Thank you for the correction. 

I have not been able to follow deliveries of Crosstown cars closely, but I did know that some of the early deliveries have been shipped back to Thunder Bay for completion, and this has been going on for a while now. Considering that 6204 was part of the first batch of 6 cars delivered in early spring 2019, I thought it had been through this process already, and was coming back to the MSF. In any case, when I saw it back on October 31, it was still loaded on a railcar transporter, and the permanent stickers showing the unit number (6204) were applied.

Does anyone know how many unfinished cars need to be sent to Thunder Bay?

Also today (Nov 15), there was an unidentified Crosstown car in Lambton yard, with no unit numbers applied at all. I presume this was a new delivery on its way to the MSF in Black Creek.

On the other hand, car 6208 is sitting at the loading dock at the MSF, loaded up onto a railcar transporter. I don't know if it is being returned to Toronto, awaiting offload or if it is awaiting pick up by CP for the trip to Thunder Bay.

19 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Does anyone know how many unfinished cars need to be sent to Thunder Bay?

If you are referring to those original dozen or so deliveries made directly to the MSF, it seems like it will be all of them.

If you are talking in more general terms, every single Crosstown car will keep to go to Thunder Bay for installation and testing of the ATC/ATO equipment. The cars are complete and capable of operation upon leaving Millhaven, but lack the ATC/ATO equipment that they will need to operate in the Crosstown's tunnels and activate the switches along the line.

Also today (Nov 15), there was an unidentified Crosstown car in Lambton yard, with no unit numbers applied at all. I presume this was a new delivery on its way to the MSF in Black Creek.

If you can get the reporting marks of the flatcar (4 alphabetic characters, probably something along the lines of "FTTX" and 6 numerals following), people with access to the tracking system would be able to tell you where the car was loaded and where it is destined to.

On the other hand, car 6208 is sitting at the loading dock at the MSF, loaded up onto a railcar transporter. I don't know if it is being returned to Toronto, awaiting offload or if it is awaiting pick up by CP for the trip to Thunder Bay.

I don't think 6208 has left the MSF since it was first delivered there, so thus the assumption to be made is that it is destined for Thunder Bay.

Dan

Car 4418 is back on property as of yesterday morning (i.e. Mon, Nov 23, 2020). It was towed off the railcar transporter by car 4577 at Hillcrest.

To recap, car 4418 had been loaded up for transport to La Pocatiere, QC on Mon, Jun 22, 2020, so it was off-property for exactly 22 weeks, or 154 days.

Car 4418 is still at Hillcrest undergoing braking tests at this time. It should be back at Leslie later this evening.

In turn, car 4421 is off-property as of yesterday morning. It headed to Hillcrest under its own power yesterday in the morning, and after car 4418 had come off, car 4577 was used to load it onto the same transporter for the trip to La Pocatiere, QC.

The last day of service for car 4421 was Tuesday, November 10 on 509 Harbourfront.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been remiss in not reporting here that car 4410 has been re-delivered after retrofits in Quebec were completed.

It was unloaded at Hillcrest last Friday (Dec 11), with car 4602 being used to tow it off of the railcar transporter. It had been loaded up at Hillcrest on June 29, 2020, so it was off-property for a total of 165 days. After being unloaded, it headed to Leslie under its own power later that afternoon, and it has started on-street testing yesterday.

Of note, the railcar used to return 4410 to Toronto (XTTX 137329) is still at the Hillcrest loading dock, and it will probably be used to send another car off to Quebec for retrofits.

• Like 1

Car 4425 is off-property as of this morning (i.e.  Wed, Dec 23). It headed to Hillcrest under its own power this morning.

Car 4456 was used to load it onto the railcar transporter XTTX 137329 for the trip to La Pocatiere, QC - the same railcar that was used to deliver car 4410 to Toronto almost two weeks ago.

The last day of service for car 4425 was Monday, December 14 on 509 Harbourfront.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So now that the Flexitys have been in service for a while, how are they doing, from a reliability standpoint? Is the TTC satisfied with what they got? Ignoring the frame issues on the first 66 that is.