Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

Car 4409 is back at Hillcrest as of this morning (i.e. Fri, Aug 7) after retrofits in La Pocatiere, QC were completed. That is only 147 days after leaving the property on March 13, 2020, a much quicker turnaround than any of the previous cars that went through this process.

Car 4582 was used to tow it off of the transporter at Hillcrest this morning.

As a side note, today Aug 7 also marks two years since the flash flooding at King & Atlantic put cars 4471 and 4478 out of commission.

21 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4409 is back at Hillcrest as of this morning (i.e. Fri, Aug 7) after retrofits in La Pocatiere, QC were completed. That is only 147 days after leaving the property on March 13, 2020, a much quicker turnaround than any of the previous cars that went through this process.

Car 4582 was used to tow it off of the transporter at Hillcrest this morning.

As a side note, today Aug 7 also marks two years since the flash flooding at King & Atlantic put cars 4471 and 4478 out of commission.

That even faster than BBD 19 week turn around plan. Sounds like the car bypass Kingston that has add extra time to the shipping time. Lets see if TTC will be spending more time getting the car ready for service compare to other cars so far with this change.

4414 GPS still has the system outside of Toronto.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 7:48 AM, drum118 said:

4414 GPS still has the system outside of Toronto.

Car 4414 has left Hillcrest just after 1:30 PM this afternoon following installation of the VISION system and should be back at Leslie now. It had been at Hillcrest since last Wednesday.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 7:48 AM, drum118 said:

That even faster than BBD 19 week turn around plan.

Not quite, since 147 days is 21 weeks.

Also, you may recall that the 19 week estimate was supposed to reflect the total downtime for each car (that is, the total number of days that the car would be out of service), not an estimate of the time that each car would be physically off TTC property.

More specifically, those 19 weeks were supposed to include:

2 weeks for transport from Toronto to La Pocatiere

12 weeks for re-welding/retrofits

2 weeks for return transport from La Pocatiere to Toronto

3 weeks for testing after re-delivery in preparation for re-commissioning.

So, in conclusion, that target has not been reached yet. The shortest downtime so far was for car 4408, but even that took 377 days, so more than one year.

Nonetheless, 21 weeks is a significantly shorter turnaround than what we have seen in the past.

• Thanks 1

4414 has reenter service on 512 after arriving July 1st by truck. If it wasn't for having the VISION install, it would have been the fastest returning car to reenter service

4409 was out yesterday on 509 doing testing.

Is the next car 4411 going to be delivery like 4409, or was 4409 was an odd ball?? 4411 was loaded May 05 2020,  follow by 4415 on May 27.

• 2 weeks later...

An surprisingly vacant Lambton Yard this morning on my way into work.  Spotted 44?7 behind the only other freight train in the yard.  North side by Runnymede if someone want to see for themselves.  Didn't get a clear view of the number on account of said freight train!

On 8/28/2020 at 9:46 AM, Gil said:

Spotted 44?7 behind the only other freight train in the yard.  North side by Runnymede if someone want to see for themselves.  Didn't get a clear view of the number on account of said freight train!

That would be 4427 on its way to Quebec. I will post am update re. recent Flexity movements soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Is 4409 up at Hillcrest getting VISION install as it hasn't been tracking for days??? Been 33 days since it return from QC and only done one day of road testing that I know of.

Will we see 4471 and 4478 this year as they are months over due??

On 9/19/2020 at 3:26 PM, crs1026 said:

CP dropped a car off at Hillcrest last night, but I don't have a number as yet.

- Paul

That is correct. I have been remiss in reporting on the latest movements  to and from Quebec, even though I have kept track of them, but better late than never.

To recap:

Car 4427 has been off-property since August 24. It was last in service on July 20 on 510 Spadina.  It sat in storage until Sunday August 23 when it headed to Hillcrest in preparation for transport to La Pocatiere. It was loaded up onto the railcar transporter on Monday August 24 using car 4405.

Car 4411 is the car re-delivered to Hillcrest on Friday night this week. It has been off-property since Tuesday May 5, 2020 when it was loaded up at Hillcrest.

Due to the weekend, it is still at the loading dock and yet to be unloaded.  That will probably happen tomorrow morning (i.e. Monday September 21).

On 9/10/2020 at 8:53 PM, drum118 said:

Is 4409 up at Hillcrest getting VISION install as it hasn't been tracking for days???

Not yet. There were many cars that had VISION installed over the past month to the point that all cars in the 4400-4475 range - except 4409 & 4471 - now have VISION. I will post a detailed update in the other thread tomorrow evening.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ttc rider said:

That is correct. I have been remiss in reporting on the latest movements  to and from Quebec, even though I have kept track of them, but better late than never.

To recap:

Car 4427 has been off-property since August 24. It was last in service on July 20 on 510 Spadina.  It sat in storage until Sunday August 23 when it headed to Hillcrest in preparation for transport to La Pocatiere. It was loaded up onto the railcar transporter on Monday August 24 using car 4405.

Car 4411 is the car re-delivered to Hillcrest on Friday night this week. It has been off-property since Tuesday May 5, 2020 when it was loaded up at Hillcrest.

Due to the weekend, it is still at the loading dock and yet to be unloaded.  That will probably happen tomorrow morning (i.e. Monday September 21).

Not yet. There were many cars that had VISION installed over the past month to the point that all cars in the 4400-4475 range - except 4409 & 4471 - now have VISION. I will post a detailed update in the other thread tomorrow evening.

The 4409 show up in the service bay a few days later and has done 3 or 4? days of testing since then. It been in the service bay since Thursday.

If 4411 is off loaded Monday, it will be 139 days since it was loaded for QC

Car 4411 is back on property as of this morning (i.e. Tue, Sep 22, 2020). It was towed off the railcar transporter by car 4481 at Hillcrest this morning.

To recap, car 4411 had been loaded up for transport to La Pocatiere, QC on Tue, May 5, 2020. At 140 days (or exactly 20 weeks) off-property for retrofits, this has been the shortest turnaround for any of the cars that has gone through this process so far.

In turn, car 4413 is off-property as of this morning. It headed to Hillcrest under its own power earlier this morning, and after car 4411 had come off, car 4481 was used to load it onto the same transporter for the trip to La Pocatiere, QC.

Just like 4427 before it, car 4413 sat in storage for over a month before being sent off, with its last day of service being Sunday, Aug 9 on 504B King.

14 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4411 is back on property as of this morning (i.e. Tue, Sep 22, 2020). It was towed off the railcar transporter by car 4481 at Hillcrest this morning.

To recap, car 4411 had been loaded up for transport to La Pocatiere, QC on Tue, May 5, 2020. At 140 days (or exactly 20 weeks) off-property for retrofits, this has been the shortest turnaround for any of the cars that has gone through this process so far.

In turn, car 4413 is off-property as of this morning. It headed to Hillcrest under its own power earlier this morning, and after car 4411 had come off, car 4481 was used to load it onto the same transporter for the trip to La Pocatiere, QC.

Just like 4427 before it, car 4413 sat in storage for over a month before being sent off, with its last day of service being Sunday, Aug 9 on 504B King.

It still tracking at Hillcrest like yesterday.

4409 was on the service track the last 2 days and sitting in front of the service bay waiting for a spot.

I guess 4410 should be here any day as it was shipped to QC a day after 4411.

1 hour ago, drum118 said:

Looks like they are going to install VISION first before going to the Barns, as it is inside the complex now.

Which car? I saw 4411, with vision already installed, pass Bathurst Stn. I then passed the car on Dundas while doing the 511 detour

10 hours ago, drum118 said:

I guess 4410 should be here any day as it was shipped to QC a day after 4411.

That is incorrect. Car 4410 was loaded at Hillcrest in preparation for shipment to QC on Monday, June 29, 2020. That is almost two months after 4411 was shipped.

After car 4411 left the property on May 5, 2020, the following car to do so was 4415 on May 26, 2020.

So assuming they will return in the same order that they were sent to QC - which so far has not always been the case - 4415 should be coming back next.

6 hours ago, drum118 said:

Looks like they are going to install VISION first before going to the Barns, as it is inside the complex now.

Car 4411 has never been inside the Harvey Shops since it came back. It was doing braking tests this morning on the outside test track, adjacent to the building.

The only reason car 4411 remained at Hillcrest overnight was because the braking tests could not be completed yesterday.

But just like @bus_7246 pointed out, it left the complex under its own power around 1:45 PM this afternoon, and should be at Leslie now.

The only Flexities inside the shops today were 4476 (on which VISION installation was completed today), 4481 and 4485 (both undergoing installation at this time).

Car 4411 had been equipped with VISION in mid-March, well before it was sent to QC.

4 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

Which car? I saw 4411, with vision already installed, pass Bathurst Stn. I then passed the car on Dundas while doing the 511 detour

Have no list of what cars have VISION and have no need to follow them for it. I assume it was being install seeing the car inside Hillcrest complex this morning, but tonight it was in the service bay at the Barns as well 4409. They are now on the yard service track.

4 minutes ago, ttc rider said:

That is incorrect. Car 4410 was loaded at Hillcrest in preparation for shipment to QC on Monday, June 29, 2020. That is almost two months after 4411 was shipped.

After car 4411 left the property on May 5, 2020, and the following car to do so was 4415 on May 26, 2020.

So assuming they will return in the same order that they were sent to QC - which so far has not always been the case - 4415 should be coming back next.

Car 4411 was never inside the Harvey Shops since it came back. It was doing braking tests this morning on the outside test track, adjacent to the building.

The only reason car 4411 remained at Hillcrest overnight was because the braking tests could not be completed yesterday.

But just like @bus_7246 pointed out, it left the complex under its own power around 1:45 PM this afternoon, and should be at Leslie now.

The only Flexities inside the shops today were 4476 (on which VISION installation was completed today), 4481 and 4485 (both undergoing installation at this time).

Car 4411 had been equipped with VISION in mid-March, well before it was sent to QC.

You are correct for date as I have same date on one list, but wrong on another that been expanded for some reason that I looked at for my posting.

Hard to tell on tracking what taking place or tracks and going with what you state since you eye on sight.

• 2 weeks later...

4409 has been up at Hillcrest the last few days and most likely having VISION install in It. It should see service once it back at the Barns next week.

4411 has done about 3 days of testing that I know of as well done in service testing on 510 one day and 506 on another day. Been in and out of the service bays as well spending time on the service track. Currently in the service bay

1 hour ago, drum118 said:

4409 has been up at Hillcrest the last few days and most likely having VISION install in It. It should see service once it back at the Barns next week.

4409 only arrived at Hillcrest this morning (Monday, October 5), not a few days ago.

And yes, it is up there for VISION installation. Considering previous turnaround times for cars going through the process, it should be back at Leslie on Thursday afternoon.

Of note, this is the last car in the 44xx series to have VISION installed (that is, excluding the two water-logged cars 4471 & 4478, that have been out of service since August 2018 and off-property since last year).