Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 5:48 AM, drum118 said:

After 100 days, 4403 has reenter service on 504 (BRBS)

No other car took this long to commission after delivery. To recap:

Previous day in service: February 18, 2019

Sent to QC: February 20, 2019

Returned to Leslie: February 27, 2020

Total time off-property: 372 days

Re-entered service: June 5, 2020 (99 days after re-delivery)

Total downtime: 472 days.

In other news, car 4417 is off-property for re-welding as of yesterday morning (i.e. Fri, June 12, 2020). It headed to Hillcrest earlier yesterday morning, then it was loaded up using car 4522 onto the railcar transporter for the trip to La Pocatiere.

The last day of service for car 4417 was Wed, June 3, 2020 on 509 Harbourfront.

• Like 1

4407 is now out testing again and about 9 days so far of testing. It made its way back into the service bay yesterday after spending close to a week on the service track..

4408 been out almost 24 hours and doing its 3rd day of testing.

Looking at Wiki for the fleet to verify something and shouldn't 4406 have another date for being sent back to TB for repairs due to the damage caused by the pole in transit or was that another car I thinking of???

Does anyone have a date as to when 4400 was sent to Ottawa in Sept 2013, as I missing that date for some unknown reason??

Thanks

2 hours ago, drum118 said:

Looking at Wiki for the fleet to verify something and shouldn't 4406 have another date for being sent back to TB for repairs due to the damage caused by the pole in transit or was that another car I thinking of???

4466 is the car you are thinking of and the wiki has all the dates save for the one it was sent back: 2018-03-20 according to my notes

6 hours ago, 29Sufferin said:

4466 is the car you are thinking of and the wiki has all the dates save for the one it was sent back: 2018-03-20 according to my notes

Thanks, as I only remember a 6 in the number. Was looking at 4406 as I setup a new tagging meta data for it and others and wasn't sure if this was the car with the pole issue. I'm not tracking that king of info. Only tracking arrival, in service sent for rebuilt, weld repairs, when they arrive back and re-enter service. Adding the number of days between those dates as well.

Don't know what I did for 4400 date when it was shipped to Ottawa, but its missing from my spreadsheet and not on Wiki as well.

Should note 4408 just left the yard for more testing.

4407 is up at Hillcrest and hard to say at this time if it taking a break from testing or having Vision install.

4407 is still at Hillcrest and there either getting some work done there, but more likely having the VISION install before going into service. It only been here 44 days and took 4400 49 days to Re-enter service. The rest been around 75-89 days.

4408 has done 4 days of testing now and been here only 23 days so far.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 8:44 AM, drum118 said:

Does anyone have a date as to when 4400 was sent to Ottawa in Sept 2013, as I missing that date for some unknown reason??

Thanks

4400 was sent to Ottawa for climate testing on July 22, 2013. Perhaps someone can add this date to the wiki entry, as well.

Retrofits were then completed in Thunder Bay and the car was back on property on July 4, 2014.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 11:09 AM, 29Sufferin said:

That is correct. It was towed to Hillcrest on Sunday, two days prior and left the property on March 20, 2018. This should be added to the wiki as well, for the sake of completion.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 5:08 PM, drum118 said:

Was looking at 4406 as I setup a new tagging meta data for it and others and wasn't sure if this was the car with the pole issue. I'm not tracking that king of info.

4466 was indeed the car with the damaged pole in transit, but 4406 had another issue of its own. It failed in service while on 512 St. Clair on Oct. 13, 2018 and sat idle at Leslie for 200 days before being sent off to La Pocatiere on May 1, 2019 for re-welding/retrofit.

10 hours ago, drum118 said:

4407 is still at Hillcrest and there either getting some work done there, but more likely having the VISION install before going into service.

4407 is indeed being equipped with VISION.

In other news, 4417 has finally left the property.

With reduced service requirements for the next few months and Hillcrest being cut off from the rest of the network starting this Sunday, more cars are being sent to La Pocatiere.

Cars 4410 & 4418 are at the edge of the loading ramp, awaiting to be loaded onto railcar transporters for the trip to La Pocatiere, with car 4418 positioned to go first.

After car 4417 had finally been picked up yesterday, CP has delivered another empty transporter to Hillcrest, so car 4418 will probably be loaded up next Monday (June 22).

2 hours ago, ttc rider said:

4400 was sent to Ottawa for climate testing on July 22, 2013. Perhaps someone can add this date to the wiki entry, as well.

Retrofits were then completed in Thunder Bay and the car was back on property on July 4, 2014.

That is correct. It was towed to Hillcrest on Sunday, two days prior and left the property on March 20, 2018. This should be added to the wiki as well, for the sake of completion.

4466 was indeed the car with the damaged pole in transit, but 4406 had another issue of its own. It failed in service while on 512 St. Clair on Oct. 13, 2018 and sat idle at Leslie for 200 days before being sent off to La Pocatiere on May 1, 2019 for re-welding/retrofit.

4407 is indeed being equipped with VISION.

In other news, 4417 has finally left the property.

With reduced service requirements for the next few months and Hillcrest being cut off from the rest of the network starting this Sunday, more cars are being sent to La Pocatiere.

Cars 4410 & 4418 are at the edge of the loading ramp, awaiting to be loaded onto railcar transporters for the trip to La Pocatiere, with car 4418 positioned to go first.

After car 4417 had finally been picked up yesterday, CP has delivered another empty transporter to Hillcrest, so car 4418 will probably be loaded up next Monday (June 22).

Thanks. 

Not sure why I have Sept noted.

I expect 4407 will enter service once VISION is install.

4408 is back out testing and that 5 days so far

I sure hope the CEO on the ball for having LRV's on hand come the fall as ridership starts to increase, as it will, but to what level is unknown. It taking 300-500 days for a car to be shipped for weld repairs and be return. 4406 took only 229 days, but another 89 days to re-enter service.

We still are waiting for 4471 from TB that been off site since April 03, 2019 or 443 days and counting. 4478 been off site since January 23, 2019 or 513 days and counting.

Didn't look at my list for the pole car well, as I have 4466 listed been return as noted

How long will Hillcrest be cut off from the system as it will have an impact on 4407 re-entering service considering it was on course to be the fastest to re-enter service under 70 day??

39 minutes ago, drum118 said:

How long will Hillcrest be cut off from the system as it will have an impact on 4407 re-entering service considering it was on course to be the fastest to re-enter service under 70 day??

That depends on how trackwork around Bathurst Station progresses.

On paper, this should last throughout the summer board period, with normal service resuming in September.  In practice, the track replacement project itself will be completed sooner, so the track will be usable again for vehicle change-offs with the rest of the system at some point in the summer.

This should not have an impact on cars entering service, because route 512 St. Clair will run normally throughout the summer, with a fleet of cars landlocked at Hillcrest.

However, it may have an impact on movements to and from QC, (if any) this summer.  They may need to ship by flatbed truck directly to, and from Leslie, at least for part of the trip. This has been done a couple of times in the past.

2 hours ago, ttc rider said:

That depends on how trackwork around Bathurst Station progresses.

On paper, this should last throughout the summer board period, with normal service resuming in September.  In practice, the track replacement project itself will be completed sooner, so the track will be usable again for vehicle change-offs with the rest of the system at some point in the summer.

This should not have an impact on cars entering service, because route 512 St. Clair will run normally throughout the summer, with a fleet of cars landlocked at Hillcrest.

However, it may have an impact on movements to and from QC, (if any) this summer.  They may need to ship by flatbed truck directly to, and from Leslie, at least for part of the trip. This has been done a couple of times in the past.

I knew the loop was being rebuilt, but not Bathurst.

Given cars are being store at Hillcrest, we can safety say 4407 will enter service on 512.

There are no more cars coming from QC based on current turn around this year unless something has change. Going to QC is another story.

Because of the rail issues early this year, I believe it was 4403 that show up at Leslie on a flat. Don't keep a track on this type of movement

4407 has enter service on 512 after been here since May 06, 2020 or 49 days. Fastest of any QC cars to enter service under 70 days. It also has VISION installed in it.

4408 was back out testing yesterday as well and been here May 27 or 27 days. It should enter service faster than 4407

Car 4418 is off-property as of Monday morning, June 22. It was loaded up onto the railcar transporter at Hillcrest using car 4410; however, it has not been picked up by CP as of tonight.

The last day of service for car 4418 was Thursday, June 11 on 501 Queen, and it has been at Hillcrest since Tuesday, June 16.

Cars 4410 & 4412 are next in line to be sent to La Pocatiere, awaiting at the edge of the loading ramp at Hillcrest, with car 4410 set to go first.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 10:22 AM, drum118 said:

4407 has enter service on 512 after been here since May 06, 2020 or 49 days. Fastest of any QC cars to enter service under 70 days. It also has VISION installed in it.

Car 4400 also took exactly 49 days to re-commission after returning from QC, but at 386 days out of service, car 4407 has had the second shortest total downtime of all the cars sent to QC for retrofits so far (with only car 4405 being sidelined for a shorter overall period).

To recap (dates for car 4407):

Previous day in service: June 2, 2019

Sent to QC: June 7, 2019

Returned to Hillcrest: May 5, 2020

Total time off-property: 333 days

Re-entered service: June 23, 2020 (49 days after re-delivery)

Total downtime: 386 days.

Car 4418 has finally been picked by CP on Friday, so it is on its way to QC.

Cars 4410 & 4412 are at the edge of the loading ramp at Hillcrest, awaiting to be loaded up for the trip to La Pocatiere, with car 4410 set to go first.

CP has delivered another empty transporter to Hillcrest, so car 4410 will probably be loaded up tomorrow (Monday, June 29).

Car 4410 is off-property for re-welding as of this morning (i.e. Mon, June 29, 2020). Car 4412 was used to load it onto the railcar transporter for the trip to La Pocatiere.

The last day of service for car 4410 was Tue, June 9, 2020 on 501 Queen and it has been in storage at Hillcrest since Fri, June 19, 2020.

• Like 1

Car 4414 is back at Hillcrest as of this morning (i.e. Tue, Jun. 30, 2020), after 298 days off-property.

Its last day of service was Fri, Aug. 2, 2019 and it was loaded up for transport to La Pocatiere on Fri, Sep. 6, 2019.

After car 4410 was loaded up at Hillcrest yesterday, CP has picked it up last night, and they delivered car 4414 instead.

Car 4414 was offloaded at Hillcrest this morning, with car 4412 being used to tow it off of the railcar transporter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4414 was offloaded at Hillcrest this morning, with car 4412 being used to tow it off of the railcar transporter.

I don't think it arrived by rail. I received a picture of 4414 on a truck at Dixie & Dundas.

4414_20200730.thumb.png.c99a136da4dd9eef51b153dd1b29cd2c.png

I'm told it was headed eastbound towards Toronto along Dundas. This was taken just before 11 AM.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 29Sufferin said:

I don't think it arrived by rail. I received a picture of 4414 on a truck at Dixie & Dundas.

4414_20200730.thumb.png.c99a136da4dd9eef51b153dd1b29cd2c.png

I'm told it was headed eastbound towards Toronto along Dundas. This was taken just before 11 AM.

Is it because the access to Hillcrest is closed?  I wonder which one is cheaper, by rail or by truck. 

I would imagine truck would be faster thou.

That an odd location for it to go to Hillcrest. Did it come from CP or CN and only 2 location in Mississauga it could be off loaded from CP? Even coming from CN in Brampton is an odd route

Based on what I saw today, TTC will have Bathurst loop area in operation before the end of July.

Its the fastest track and switches removal install I have seen so far. Once the rail is splice at the north end where new met old, the top coat of concrete can be pour to just south of the southbound switch.

2 TTC crews working different location today splicing rail in the loop area. 

The tracks and northbound switch to the loop and part of the loop track will be remove either Thursday or Friday

NOTE;

Been 299 days since it was loaded for QC on Sept 6, 2019,

On 7/1/2020 at 1:33 PM, Shaun said:

Is it because the access to Hillcrest is closed? 

4414 is tracking at Leslie so the truck was probably used because access between Leslie an Hillcrest is severed with the work on the Bathurst Station loop.

22 hours ago, drum118 said:

That an odd location for it to go to Hillcrest. Did it come from CP or CN and only 2 location in Mississauga it could be off loaded from CP? Even coming from CN in Brampton is an odd route

When I got the photo and was told the directions I was really puzzled too. I made sure to verify that the building on the left (just to the right of the Canada Post truck) seemed to be in the right place. Note the front of the car was facing away from the truck cab.

La Pocatière is served by CN so given the route it probably was pulled off in Brampton. Maybe there are some challenges with the height that made them go that way.

4408 has re-enter service on 504 (BRBS) after being here 42 days. Been 315 days since it was loaded for QC.

This beats the 49 days for 4400 and 4407, with the other cars seeing 70 plus days so far. 

Took a lot of extra time after the testing was done to get the car ready for service, otherwise would have been less that 40 days. Let see if any of the other cars can break the 42 day in service mark.

Car 4412 was finally loaded up for transport to La Pocatiere this morning (i.e. Thu, July 9). Car 4463 was used to load it up onto the railcar transporter at Hillcrest.

The last day of service for car 4412 was Tue, Jun 9 - exactly one month ago - on 501 Queen, and due to the ongoing trackwork at Bathurst Station, it has been sitting in storage at Hillcrest since Wed, Jun 17.

To recap, the following cars are off-property at the moment:

4409, 4410, 4411, 4412, 4415, 4417 & 4418 - for welding repairs/retrofits in La Pocatiere, QC

4471 & 4478 - in Thunder Bay due to flood damage

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

(If there is a separate thread for Crosstown deliveries, I apologise - I can't find it)

There were photos circulating on the Interwebs of a Crosstown LRV that was released from Thunder Bay a few days ago. It arrived at the MSF by rail last night. That's the first rail delivery that I have heard of to the MSF.... previously cars were delivered by flatbed. There may have been previous rail shipments that weren't reported. I expect there will be more, as Thunder Bay completes work on the cars that were sent up there for finishing.

- Paul

• 2 weeks later...

4414 is currently at Hillcrest having VISION install in it. Once complete, it will reenter service in the following days. It looked like it was ready the last 2 weekend as it was sitting on the in service track in the yard. Looks like it will be the fastest to reenter service at this time or by Aug 11.

With 4414 out of the way, the shop can work getting other cars back into service as well bring cars up to BBD requirements.

4471 & 4478 must have taken a back seat given how long they been in TB with Metrolinx cars being first since there is $$ in back charges if they fail to met Mextrolinx timeline compare to TTC cost.

Aug 27 will mark the 2nd year for the 2 cars when they last saw service and 556 days so far for 4478 been off site. If 4478 shows up next week, it could reenter service late Sept after having VISION install.

TTC may see 4411 first in 2021 since it was loaded for QC on May 05, 2020 and 300 days put it around March 2, 2021. 4509 would be next and could be seen March 3, 2021 follow by 4515 around March 23, 2021.