Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

12 hours ago, Downsview34. said:

4404 testing on king street this evening 

It was out on Sunday on 509 and again Monday morning for a short time before heading home.

4402 spent March 26 from 6 am to 1 am & on the 27 from 7 am to 7 pm in service on 510 and has been on the service track since then.

4401 has been tracking since early Monday

4405 been in the lake the last week and 4403 has being moved to different position in the service bays.

10 hours ago, drum118 said:

4401 has been tracking since early Monday

Of note, car 4401 was re-delivered with the fleet number still applied in black font above the driver's cab. The only other production car delivered this way was 4572, the first car made in Kingston.

The other two prototypes (4400 & 4402) also came in with the fleet number in black font in that location when originally delivered as prototypes. When re-delivered as production vehicles, however, there was no fleet number in that location at all. The number was subsequently re-applied in white font, after re-delivery.

Car 4401 has begun on-street testing today.

According to my spreadsheet, the last day it was out on its own as a testing vehicle was Tuesday, March 21, 2017.

It then sat at Leslie for more than a year, and used as a reservoir of spare parts. It was towed to Hillcrest on Sunday, May 13, 2018 and loaded up for the trip to La Pocatiere the next day.

On 4/2/2020 at 10:59 PM, ttc rider said:

Car 4401 has begun on-street testing today.

According to my spreadsheet, the last day it was out on its own as a testing vehicle was Tuesday, March 21, 2017.

It then sat at Leslie for more than a year, and used as a reservoir of spare parts. It was towed to Hillcrest on Sunday, May 13, 2018 and loaded up for the trip to La Pocatiere the next day.

You would know better than me, but the trackers has 4401 sitting in the same spot on track 20? as the first or 2nd car at the west end since it was moved there early Thursday morning. I haven't seen it out of the yard since the move and had expect it to start testing that day. Still there now unless an issue with the trackers.

4402 was back out on 506 after a day in the service bay and currently on track 15.

4404 & 4403 in the service bay with 4405 on the yard service track

I either have the wrong dates for 4403 or it was off site for 2 years. I have it loaded for Quebec Feb 20, 2018, return Feb 27, 2020 and been here 38 days so far. Can't recall if it has done any test runs.

4404 been out testing every day since Sunday up to Friday. Some where less than haft a day of test runs.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 2:50 AM, drum118 said:

You would know better than me, but the trackers has 4401 sitting in the same spot on track 20? as the first or 2nd car at the west end since it was moved there early Thursday morning. I haven't seen it out of the yard since the move and had expect it to start testing that day. Still there now unless an issue with the trackers.

Nextbus was down for about 24 hours starting on April 2 in the early afternoon, and during that time all vehicles not equipped with VISION (including 4401) were not trackable on the various online apps. 4401 was definitely out that evening and overnight, but you're correct that it has been sitting at Leslie since.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 2:50 AM, drum118 said:

I either have the wrong dates for 4403 or it was off site for 2 years. I have it loaded for Quebec Feb 20, 2018, return Feb 27, 2020 and been here 38 days so far. Can't recall if it has done any test runs.

You've made a typo in your list. Car 4403 was loaded for Quebec on Feb 20, 2019. That was reported in this thread at the time. It came back on Feb 27, 2020.

I have it listed as having done on-street testing on March 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 & 12, 2020. There could have been a few more that I missed. That is at least seven days of testing so far.

9 hours ago, CLRV4094 said:

4405 has been moved from Lesile to Russell Carhouse, looks on track to enter service tomorrow. The other three are all at Lesile, and have stopped tracking except 4401

It currently in Russell Carhouse.

All the other cars are tracking, but last seen 8 hours ago

Looks like the issues with 4402 have been resolved, as it been in service daily this week compare to the past.

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4401 has resumed on-street testing tonight.

You beat me to the punch. It currently out in Long Branch. Now, now many days since it did its last test.

4403 Still sitting on the service track and 4404 in the service bay.

4401 has been out every night this week and on course to enter service next week if nothing changes in the next few day. 37 days so far.

4404 still in the service bay and 4403 still on the service track. 64 days for 4403 and 49 days for 4404.

• Like 3

On 3/31/2020 at 4:58 PM, ttc rider said:

Of note, car 4401 was re-delivered with the fleet number still applied in black font above the driver's cab. The only other production car delivered this way was 4572, the first car made in Kingston.

The other two prototypes (4400 & 4402) also came in with the fleet number in black font in that location when originally delivered as prototypes. When re-delivered as production vehicles, however, there was no fleet number in that location at all. The number was subsequently re-applied in white font, after re-delivery.

I have seen pictures of 4401 with the fleet numbers changed to white. 

Car 4407 is back on property after 333 days, having been sent to La Pocatiere on June 7, 2019.

It was unloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Tuesday, May 5). Car 4488 was used to tow it off of the railcar transporter.

In turn, car 4411 is off-property as of this morning.

It headed to Hillcrest yesterday evening, and after car 4407 came off this morning, car 4488 was used to load it up onto the same railcar for transport to La Pocatiere.

The last day of service for car 4411 was Thursday, April 23, 2020.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 10:13 AM, CLRV4094 said:

Yes, but 4401 was delievered with black numbers. After the car arrived, they switched it to white numbers.

Correct. The same was done on car 4572 after arrival from Kingston.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The last photo I have of 4401 dated May 14, 2018 been place on the flat, still had its number in black for front and rear. Even 2014 photos show black numbers.

I am still expecting it to enter service this week with the amount of test days it did last week, unless something causing it to be delay now. 45 days so far.

4403 (70 days) has made its way back into the service bay and 4404 (84 days) now on the yard service track. 

We should see 4407 back in service near the end of Aug at current rate.

14361403979_6bcfca1975_b.jpg42091083072_026ce13fcc_b.jpg

• Like 3

6 years; 10 months; 27 days old 4401, The final 204 car on order has finally enter service on route 505 (BDBSam) for the very first time.

4401 Arrived as a Prototype on June 17, 2013, almost a year late and became a training car for the next few years until more cars on hand to help in the training. It than sat in the yard until May 14, 2018 when it was Shipped To La Pocatiere Quebec for weld repair. Was shipped to Thunder Bay from La Pocatiere Quebec early last year to be rebuilt.

Rebuilt 4401 arrived March 23, 2020 and did its last test run on or about April 30. Had expect it to be in service by May 9 at the latest once all pre-service was done based on past testing to in service.

It was sitting outside the main entrance to the Barns this afternoon. I expect it was there for photographing, since 4401 is the the final 204 car to enter service out 204 car order and 18 plus months late.

TTC may have 204 cars, but don't need them until COVID-19 is under control and ridership has return. TTC will not have 204 on property until 2027 when the last of 67 cars to see weld repairs is back on property.
  • Like 6

Of note, car 4401 took 52 days to commission after being delivered as a production car, significantly longer than average.

Not taking into account the first two production cars (4400 & 4403), that entered service as scheduled on August 31, 2014, only car 4543 took longer to commission (92 days), but that was due to a collision it was involved in during the initial on-street testing period.

6 hours ago, drum118 said:

Rebuilt 4401 arrived March 23, 2020 and did its last test run on or about April 30. Had expect it to be in service by May 9 at the latest once all pre-service was done based on past testing to in service.

Actually, its last test run was yesterday. It has done test runs every day from April 26 to May 1, inclusive. It was then out for two more days, on May 7 and May 13.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttc rider said:

Of note, car 4401 took 52 days to commission after being delivered as a production car, significantly longer than average.

Not taking into account the first two production cars (4400 & 4403), that entered service as scheduled on August 31, 2014, only car 4543 took longer to commission (92 days), but that was due to a collision it was involved in during the initial on-street testing period.

Actually, its last test run was yesterday. It has done test runs every day from April 26 to May 1, inclusive. It was then out for two more days, on May 7 and May 13.

Never noticed 4401 was out on those 2 days and why it was at the front entrance when I had a look yesterday. Must just return from testing.

In some ways, was expecting 4401 to take longer to enter service, as management wanted to make sure the i's and t's were cross, since this was the last production car to enter service. No idea if there are other conditions in the contract that kick in upon the last car enter service and if so, why the extra delay. I know in my line of work, various things kick in once work is done. Regardless, all 204 cars are here and in service now, but only to a point if they are on TTC property and not backlog for work to them.

I guess we throw darts to see when 4471 & 78 will arrive from TB. 4471 been gone 407 days and counting. 4478 is up to 477 days and counting.

4404 still sitting on the yard service track and been here 31 days. Lots of time to meet the current time frame for reentering service. 4403 on the other hand been here 77 days that past its time frame and still in the service bay.

4408 could show up before June 27 since that its 1 year anniversary been off site for weld repair. Then add 70+/- day to its arrival time for reenter service and puts it about late Aug to mid Sept.

4409 was loaded March 13 and would be the fastest one on record if it returns this year.

4408 was seen westbound by Belleville Sunday and TTC could see it by Friday or the following week. Will be off site 11 months or a few days short of it, depending when it off loaded

4404 been in Russell carhouse the past few days

4403 & 4407 in the service bay.

4401 doing the night shift on 306 and heading to Dundas West Station.