Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 11:40 PM, drum118 said:

4403 was out testing today again and as of 11 pm back in the service bay. Dare to say it may see service before 45 days and 4406??

This is probably unrelated to whatever its current issues are, but car 4406 did have a very long period of no service even before it was sent off for welding repairs to Quebec.

It failed in service on October 13, 2018 while on 512 St. Clair and then languished for 200 days at Leslie before being loaded up for Quebec on May 1, 2019.

4 hours ago, drum118 said:

4403 is back out testing for the 3rd day in a row or should say it at Hillcrest for VISION now.

Actually, today is the 4th day of on-street testing for 4403. March 5 was the first day and it has been out every day since. It just took a break from testing at Hillcrest, it wasn't there for VISION installation.

However, car 4413 is next in line to get VISION and has been at Hillcrest since yesterday.

On 3/8/2020 at 2:28 PM, ttc rider said:

Actually, today is the 4th day of on-street testing for 4403. March 5 was the first day and it has been out every day since. It just took a break from testing at Hillcrest, it wasn't there for VISION installation.

However, car 4413 is next in line to get VISION and has been at Hillcrest since yesterday.

I know it was out before and stating it was the 3rd day in a row testing since it was last out testing. It now 4 days in a row. It now day 11 for 4403 while day 35 for 4405 that seen 1 day of testing and day 83 for 4406 which also seen one day of testing that I am aware of since arriving again. 4406 hasn't seen service in 514 days using the 200 days you posted. Been 384 days for 4403 and 364 day for 4405 assuming they saw service the day before being loaded.

Not following cars getting VISION and leave that to others to do that.

Car 4404 is back on property after 501 days. It was sent off to La Pocatiere on October 29, 2018 and its last day in service was October 20, 2018.

It was unloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Fri, Mar. 13). Car 4416 was used to tow it off of the railcar transporter.

In turn, car 4409 is off-property as of this morning. It headed to Hillcrest yesterday evening, and after car 4404 came off this morning, it was loaded up using car 4416 onto the same railcar for transport to La Pocatiere.

The last day of service for car 4409 was March 4, 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Car 4404 left Hillcrest just after 8 PM tonight, and was towed by car 4416 to Leslie.

Of note, 4416 also received VISION while being at Hillcrest for the past two days.

Cars 4410 & 4417 are now at Hillcrest for VISION installation, in exchange for cars 4402 & 4415 which have been equipped and have returned to Leslie.

• Like 2

Car 4406 has re-entered service today (Sat, March 14) on 511 Bathurst.

It took 89 days to re-commission it, following repairs in QC.

To recap:

Previous day in service: October 13, 2018

Sent to QC: May 1, 2019

Returned to Hillcrest: December 16, 2019

Total time off-property: 229 days

Re-entered service: March 14, 2020

Total downtime: 517 days

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 2:55 PM, Viva5113 said:

Since delivery is complete (Except 4401),

From now on I think it is good to move the location to post further modifications, and re-entry information to this thread? (or after when 4401 is delivered and entering service)

The intent of that thread was to keep track of vehicles on hold or otherwise unavailable for service, including those still physically on TTC property.

Considering that not only the initial deliveries, but also all of the movements to and from QC/NY have been reported in this thread so far, I think it is better to keep everything consistent and in one place, by continuing to report deliveries here, in this thread.

After all, the purpose of this thread is to keep track of deliveries until all 204 cars that are part of this order are on property and commissioned for service. With the planned movements to and from QC, that objective is still a few years away.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 6:49 PM, drum118 said:

4471 is in transit from Thunder Bay. This leave 4477 and 4401 in Thunder Bay

That is incorrect.

The "AVRO ARROW" 4401 is the delivery from Thunder Bay (can't remember who came up with the nickname in this thread, but it is an appropriate one).

It arrived at Lambton Yard last night, so it is probably scheduled for final delivery to Hillcrest later this evening or overnight.

Cars 4471 & 4478 (I think you've made a typo here) remain in Thunder Bay.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ttc rider said:

The intent of that thread was to keep track of vehicles on hold or otherwise unavailable for service, including those still physically on TTC property.

Considering that not only the initial deliveries, but also all of the movements to and from QC/NY have been reported in this thread so far, I think it is better to keep everything consistent and in one place, by continuing to report deliveries here, in this thread.

After all, the purpose of this thread is to keep track of deliveries until all 204 cars that are part of this order are on property and commissioned for service. With the planned movements to and from QC, that objective is still a few years away.

That is incorrect.

The "AVRO ARROW" 4401 is the delivery from Thunder Bay (can't remember who came up with the nickname in this thread, but it is an appropriate one).

It arrived at Lambton Yard last night, so it is probably scheduled for final delivery to Hillcrest later this evening or overnight.

Cars 4471 & 4478 (I think you've made a typo here) remain in Thunder Bay.

4401 is finally here, and ready for service! Wonder how long it will be before it is in service.

15 minutes ago, CLRV4094 said:

4401 is finally here, and ready for service! Wonder how long it will be before it is in service.

Based on past cars, 8-15 days and surprised its here now. If off loaded Friday, it could be in service March 28-April 5.

What happen to 4471 that was to be here now??? I assumed it was in transit based on past PR for it.

Car 4401 was unloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Mon, March 23). Car 4424 was used to tow it off of CP's transporter.

To recap, car 4401 was originally delivered as the third prototype on June 17, 2013. It was the first car sent to La Pocatiere to undergo welding repairs on May 14, 2018, and then was sent back to Thunder Bay in late April 2019 to bring to production specifications. 

• Like 5

• Root Admin
4 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4401 was unloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Mon, March 23). Car 4424 was used to tow it off of CP's transporter.

To recap, car 4401 was originally delivered as the third prototype on June 17, 2013. It was the first car sent to La Pocatiere to undergo welding repairs on May 14, 2018, and then was sent back to Thunder Bay in late April 2019 to bring to production specifications. 

That one has also never seen service if i'm correct...

9 hours ago, ORION said:

That one has also never seen service if i'm correct...

4401 arrive as the 3rd prototype car on June 17, 2013.  Almost 5 years later, it was loaded for weld repairs in Quebec on May 14, 2018.  Some time in the spring of 2019, it was on its way to Thunder Bay to be rebuilt as a production car. With it been off loaded on March 23, 2020, it was a production car to go through the standard testing of all the cars before it. Based on past testing of production cars, we could see 4401 in service between April 5 to 10. It will almost 3 months shy of its arrival 7 years later and has never seen a day of service, If it has to go through the process of all the cars that have return from Quebec, It could be in service some time in May.

The first few years, it was a training car and hang around longer than 4400 and 4402 that were rebuilt as production cars and went into service. 4400 in service August 31, 2014 and 4402 December 04, 2016. It most likely hang around longer until BBD came up with a plan on fixing welds and surprised it wasn't one of the first to be done.

4402 still needs its weld fix and has been a problem car the last year. Its only done a few trips this past week and currently sitting on the service track in the yard again. 

All 4403, 4404 and 4405 are in the service bay as well 4401 which is currently not tracking.

4407 & 4408 still haven't return from Quebec, that were shipped there almost a year ago.

On 3/24/2020 at 9:52 AM, smallspy said:

You don't know if that is the case or not. Stop stating it as fact.

Dan

You need to read like you do for theory knowledge about cars having to have welds fix. The first 67 cars manufacture in Mexico are to have their weld fix and that includes 4402.

If TTC doesn't follow the recommendations of BBD, they are putting themselves at risk and expense if something happens to a car that they fail to do what BBD call for.

Why 4402 hasn't been sent to Quebec before now is a question only TTC can answer. According to info on this board, 4402 has seen very little service in the past year that it has been in the service bay more than outside since it return from Hillcrest. It currently on the in-service track the last day after spending time in the service bay and a day on the service track.

This is the fact https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/07/03/most-new-ttc-streetcars-to-be-shipped-to-quebec-to-fix-welding-defect-bombardier-says.html

20 hours ago, drum118 said:

You need to read like you do for theory knowledge about cars having to have welds fix. The first 67 cars manufacture in Mexico are to have their weld fix and that includes 4402.

If TTC doesn't follow the recommendations of BBD, they are putting themselves at risk and expense if something happens to a car that they fail to do what BBD call for.

Why 4402 hasn't been sent to Quebec before now is a question only TTC can answer. According to info on this board, 4402 has seen very little service in the past year that it has been in the service bay more than outside since it return from Hillcrest. It currently on the in-service track the last day after spending time in the service bay and a day on the service track.

This is the fact https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/07/03/most-new-ttc-streetcars-to-be-shipped-to-quebec-to-fix-welding-defect-bombardier-says.html

I know a hell of a lot more about the inner workings at the TTC than you do. This is patently obvious with a every post you make.

But even I don't know if 4402 was redone or not. All we know is that it was at Thunder Bay for quite a while to be upgraded to a production status, that 67 of the cars would have to go back for rewelding - that number is obviously smaller now - and that Bombardier knew over a year before they let the information get public.

Anything beyond that is speculation or hearsay, or worse - an outright lie.

Dan

• Like 2