Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

3 minutes ago, CLRV4094 said:

I thought 4400 had already been tested prior to being returned, why is it being tested again?

It doesn't hurt to do more testing on a vehicle to make sure that it is running smoothly and that it will be ready for service when the time comes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, CLRV4094 said:

I thought 4400 had already been tested prior to being returned, why is it being tested again?

Because they had to pull the car apart to pieces to access the points on the frame for rewelding. They're going to give it a shakedown run or two to ensure that nothing is amiss before it goes back into service.

Dan

4400 is out tracking on 501. It's first "in-service" run since August 2018.  I assume it's still being tested, and isn't in service, given it's currently westbound on King near Simcoe after some back and forth on Queen.

Gosh, how many times has that thing been shipped by rail now? Once from Thunder Bay. Then off to Ottawa (it's the cold-testing car if I remember correctly). Then back to Thunder Bay. Back to Toronto. Off to La Pocatiere. And then wasn't it back to Thunder Bay, and again to Toronto? That's 7 rail shipments. Did I miss something ... was it at Kingston briefly?

Must be a record for a North American Flexity.

3 hours ago, nfitz said:

4400 is out tracking on 501. It's first "in-service" run since August 2018.  I assume it's still being tested, and isn't in service, given it's currently westbound on King near Simcoe after some back and forth on Queen.

Gosh, how many times has that thing been shipped by rail now? Once from Thunder Bay. Then off to Ottawa (it's the cold-testing car if I remember correctly). Then back to Thunder Bay. Back to Toronto. Off to La Pocatiere. And then wasn't it back to Thunder Bay, and again to Toronto? That's 7 rail shipments. Did I miss something ... was it at Kingston briefly?

Must be a record for a North American Flexity.

Shipped quite a few times for sure. Now at Long Branch signed as a 301. 

The two flood damaged cars that just returned from cleaning and repair in New York State are currently on a CP train headed for Thunder Bay. They left Mactier this evening. 

A little south of Mactier, they passed two new cars coming south on a different CP freight. Those cars are now at Agincourt and will likely be delivered this week.

4578 has been spotted on CN at MacMillan Yard north of the city.

- Paul

• Like 6

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:03 PM, nfitz said:

4400 is a well-travelled car for sure.

It went Thunder Bay -> Toronto -> Ottawa -> Thunder Bay -> Toronto -> La Pocatiere -> Kingston -> Toronto. So your timeline is correct, except that it went from La Pocatiere to Kingston via CN. Then it returned to Toronto, hopefully for the last time.

It looks like all cars that need re-welding work will be spending some time at the Millhaven plant in Kingston after completion of the work in La Pocatiere. 4403, 4405 & 4406 have been in Kingston for a while now.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 9:53 PM, crs1026 said:

he two flood damaged cars that just returned from cleaning and repair in New York State are currently on a CP train headed for Thunder Bay. They left Mactier this evening. 

Anyone know what they're going to do to them in Thunder Bay?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

I am not too sure if this was reported but it looks like 4577 has entered service on route 506 Carlton today. Unless it already has entered service and it wasn't mentioned.

It enter service at 11:30 am after arriving Sept 30. It almost at Main Station.

Should note 4400 out testing and been out since last night

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:42 AM, drum118 said:

It enter service at 11:30 am after arriving Sept 30. It almost at Main Station.

Of note, 4577 was the first car to be deployed on 506 Carlton on its first day of revenue service.

It went into service that late in the day because it was used as a change-off for Flexity #4566.

2 hours ago, TTC Guy said:

4578 and 4585 are at Lambton CP yard

Thanks! 4585 & 4586 arrived from Thunder Bay on the same train, but 4586 won the coin toss and was delivered to Hillcrest first last night.

Car 4586 was offloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Thu, Oct 17). Car 4539 was used to tow it off of CP's transporter.

• Like 1

4586 has been tracking most of the day and was out testing as well. It sitting in the yard and most likely go out later for night testing.

Anyone confirm if 4585 was off loaded on Friday Oct 18 as it was supposed to been seen at Hillcrest on the 19th.

I am assuming 4578 was off loaded on Monday since it was at the dock on the weekend.