Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

1 hour ago, MK78 said:

How many cars did Kingston plant produce anyway until now. Was it really worth the cost & effort?

5 to date. One delivered in each of December, February, April, May, and July. Compared to 168 deliveries to date from Thunder Bay.

I think the answer is  ... no, it wasn't worth the effort.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nfitz said:

5 to date. One delivered in each of December, February, April, May, and July. Compared to 168 deliveries to date from Thunder Bay.

I think the answer is  ... no, it wasn't worth the effort.

Wow, only 5... So not worth it.

6 hours ago, drum118 said:

TTC has yet to see a car back that was shipped (Loaded) for weld fixing starting with 4400 that was shipped Sept 7, 2018 currently in Kingston,
4403 Feb 20, 2019,
4404 Oct 29, 2019,
4405 April 10, 2019,
4406 May 01, 2019
4401 May 14, 2019 currently in Thunder Bay to be rebuilt as a production car.

Plus 4407 and 4408 sent in June. Seven shipped back so far (plus 4401).

3 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

Don't forget about 4471 and 4478.

Nine in total. The August 2019 CEO's report says that one of the flood-damaged cars is expected to be returned by the end of the year - and they plan to have 196 vehicles in Toronto by the end of January (eight gone for welding/flood damage).

image.thumb.png.a944d19ddf5defad0a8ffc28e1216d9e.png

7 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

Don't forget about 4471 and 4478.

I didn't quote those cars as there is no timetable for them. QC cars were to be 19 weeks.

3 hours ago, nfitz said:

Plus 4407 and 4408 sent in June. Seven shipped back so far (plus 4401).

Nine in total. The August 2019 CEO's report says that one of the flood-damaged cars is expected to be returned by the end of the year - and they plan to have 196 vehicles in Toronto by the end of January (eight gone for welding/flood damage).

image.thumb.png.a944d19ddf5defad0a8ffc28e1216d9e.png

7 cars have been shipped to QC and didn't use the other 2. 4401 is TB and no idea if it has made its way into the plant yet. 4400 is in Kingston. What happen to that 19 week turn around??

5 hours ago, Cityflyer said:

Anymore Line 5 cars delivered after that 7th unit in June 2019? This is like their last order for Ontario and they only have the ETS order right now in Canada outside of Ontario.

Didn't Vancouver order Mark II cars? Where are those being built?

4 minutes ago, smallspy said:

They said that the 19 weeks was an average amount of time for each car. The first cars would take longer, and the last cars would be shorter.

Dan

That was a given from day one, yet we are a year away when 4400 was loaded for QC and now in Kingston the last month or so. The first car takes extra time to set jigs up and learn how to take a car apart and put it back together, let alone how to fix welds. The 2nd car should take less time, but not that much time. By the 3rd car, things should start to be a lot faster and become faster as they get to the other cars.

4401 has been the quickest of all cars so far as there was less welding to be done one it and is to be rebuilt.

4404 was loaded Oct 28, 2018 and it been 10 month for it.

4405 was loaded April 10, 2018 and its been about 17 weeks and lets see if it makes to week 19.

6 hours ago, Cityflyer said:

Anymore Line 5 cars delivered after that 7th unit in June 2019? This is like their last order for Ontario and they only have the ETS order right now in Canada outside of Ontario.

There is a chance Calgary might order them for the Green Line, that is scheduled to be announced by the end of this year. Bombardier has made it to the shortlist, Siemens did not. There is Montreal and Quebec City wanting to build a line within the next decade. 

Who knows what will be ordered for Hamilton.

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

Didn't Vancouver order Mark II cars? Where are those being built?

Kingston

11 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

There is a chance Calgary might order them for the Green Line, that is scheduled to be announced by the end of this year. Bombardier has made it to the shortlist, Siemens did not. There is Montreal and Quebec City wanting to build a line within the next decade. 

Who knows what will be ordered for Hamilton.

Kingston

And the T1 reburshments are being done at Greenwood? 

What about Smart Track? Don't we need rolling stock for that? And when is that going to Tender?

13 hours ago, drum118 said:

That was a given from day one...

It was a given from day one, and yet you continue to harp on it like a child that isn't getting his toy NOW. For a guy that seems to think he knows everything Dave, you seem to be blissfully unaware of things that are patently obvious to anyone who is the slightest bit informed - until they are pointed out to you.

They'll get done when they get done. Until then, we're just going to have to wait.

Dan

• Thanks 2

I'm not sure what car 4523 was up to this morning, but it seemed to be in-service westbound on 506 around 10 am. I was on a preceding CLRV. I was surprised to see it service the Coxwell/Upper Gerrard stop, with someone getting off.  Nextbus was down all morning, and now it seems to be on Broadview - so no data. It was apparently in service yesterday pm on 501.

Nextbus has consistently shown 28 (or 27 or 29) CLRVs every time I've checked recently on weekdays.

1 hour ago, nfitz said:

I'm not sure what car 4523 was up to this morning, but it seemed to be in-service westbound on 506 around 10 am. I was on a preceding CLRV. I was surprised to see it service the Coxwell/Upper Gerrard stop, with someone getting off.  Nextbus was down all morning, and now it seems to be on Broadview - so no data. It was apparently in service yesterday pm on 501.

Nextbus has consistently shown 28 (or 27 or 29) CLRVs every time I've checked recently on weekdays.

It was a RAD car that was helping out on the line due to an auto collision at Yonge & College this morning. The was was hosting a detour while the intersection was closed off, explaining as to why the low floor was on the line this morning *sigh of relief*

• Like 4

Car 4569 was unloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Fri, Aug. 30). Car 4415 was used to tow it off of CP's transporter.

12 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Are the Kingston cars delivered by CN and then interchanged to CP before being delivered to Hillcrest?

That is correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Car 4576 has left Roncesvalles carhouse about 20 minutes ago and is now in service on 504B King.

It was delivered on July 11, so it took 50 days to commission it. Coincidentally, this is exactly how long it took to get car 4489 into service last summer, which also happened to be both delivered and commissioned exactly 1 year and 1 day earlier than the corresponding dates for car 4576.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2