Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

On 7/15/2019 at 12:28 PM, ttc rider said:

Car 4560 was unloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Mon, Jul 15). Car 4548 was used to tow it off of CP's transporter. 

I first spotted it at Lambton Yard last Monday, July 8.  It's taken a week to get it to Hillcrest?!  There was another set at the west end of Lambton yesterday (July 15) but there were too many freight cars in the way to clearly identify it.

6 hours ago, Gil said:

I first spotted it at Lambton Yard last Monday, July 8.  It's taken a week to get it to Hillcrest?! 

Not quite a week. CP had delivered it to Hillcrest Friday night (July 12), but with there being no offloads on weekends, it had to wait its turn until yesterday morning.

The siding at Hillcrest can accommodate a single delivery at a time, so in practice, only one car can be offloaded per day. Another problem is that the local CP switcher that delivers to Hillcrest doesn't run every night. Adding the fact that both 4560 & 4576 arrived at Lambton yard more or less at the same time, it was a matter of chance that 4576 won the coin toss and was delivered to Hillcrest first on Wednesday night (July 10), and 4560 had to wait two more days.

6 hours ago, Gil said:

There was another set at the west end of Lambton yesterday (July 15) but there were too many freight cars in the way to clearly identify it.

Unless there is a delivery from La Pocatiere via CN - which is unlikely - that must be 4561, which has been in Toronto since Saturday morning.

12 minutes ago, crs1026 said:

Photo on a FB group shows 4403 on a CN freight in Quebec yesterday, presumably Hillcrest bound after rewelding. Should show up at Lambton in a couple of days.

- Paul

Interesting, considering it was loaded at Hillcrest on February 20, 2019 and 4400 was on September 07, 2018.  It maybe be off loaded next week and it so, close to the 19 week turn around time frame for these cars. What happen to 4400??? 

3 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4559 has entered service for the first time this morning, on 510 Spadina, 15 days after delivery.

Car 4560 has begun on-street testing yesterday.

I was wondering when it would enter service as it moved to a number of tracks up to 8:30 am. Been in the yard most of the night.

Car 4562 was unloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Thu, Jul 25). Car 4519 was used to tow it off of CP's transporter.

21 hours ago, drum118 said:

4560 & 4561 are now tracking, but 4576 still MIA

I have it on good authority that car 4576 could not be powered up at Hillcrest when it arrived on July 11 and was towed to Leslie that evening.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4562 was unloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Thu, Jul 25). Car 4519 was used to tow it off of CP's transporter.

I have it on good authority that car 4576 could not be powered up at Hillcrest when it arrived on July 11 and was towed to Leslie that evening.

Not saying much for cars coming from Kingston. At the rate Kingston doing their share number of cars, it could be 2021 when the last car is ship. Better off having Thunder Bay finish the work. Only 36 to come and that would make it about Feb 2020 for the last car to be ship from TB.

22 hours ago, ttc rider said:

The GPS unit on 4562 has not been activated yet, but the car has started on-street testing today.

It tracking now. Coming very standard these day to do this.

4476 still MIA after 19 days

Not sure how true this is, but 4403 is at Kingston plant now. If so, Why??

4561 has been burning up the tracks the last few days