Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

4 hours ago, jameskoole said:

4524 is now tracking.

It heading to St Clair for its first test run

4525 in route with 4526 waiting pickup.

4523 heading to Long Branch for testing

Only took 11 days for 4523 to enter service and it was still in the service bay at 2 am when I went to bed.

1 hour ago, jameskoole said:

Could be 4573 based on the location? I'm also starting to think that Kingston is doing 4572 and up and that TB will be building 4570 and 4571.

Wasn't there a photo months ago of 4570 under production in Kingston? Or is my memory tricking me?

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if some of the 4590s or 4600s end up back at TB, given how far behind Kingston is, with TB only needing to build 44 more in 11 months - after building 60 in 12 months last year.

9 hours ago, doconnor said:

Doesn't Kingston also have to build all the cars for the Eglinton LRT, which are also way behind schedule?

I think so. Besides, if I'm not mistaken myself, the Thunder Bay-built Flexity streetcars need to be brought to Kingston for test runs before they can be sent to Hillcrest for commissioning.

11 hours ago, nfitz said:

Wasn't there a photo months ago of 4570 under production in Kingston? Or is my memory tricking me?

There are photos of an unnumbered car in a state of almost-completion from the media event of November 1st or so. One media member surmised that it was 4570, but he may have been wrong or misunderstood any explanations. He's certainly been wrong before.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if some of the 4590s or 4600s end up back at TB, given how far behind Kingston is, with TB only needing to build 44 more in 11 months - after building 60 in 12 months last year.

I'm thinking the same thing - I don't think that Kingston is likely to build the final 34 or 32 units or whatever it is. I think that it's more likely that they will build 20 to 25, with the remainder of the units - plus any additional ones beyond the 204, if that rumour pans out - being produced in Thunder Bay.

9 hours ago, doconnor said:

Doesn't Kingston also have to build all the cars for the Eglinton LRT, which are also way behind schedule?

Yes, but they also have several years to build those. The TTC order needs to be completed by the end of this year.

Dan

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 12:42 PM, doconnor said:

There were 3 more prototypes that they were supposed to deliver by February 1. One would think they are all but finished at this point. I'd also assume they wouldn't advance the remaining ones too far until Metrolinx signs off on the prototypes - does anyone know the schedule for that? Though the Edmonton LRVs they need to deliver would be a bigger issue during 2019.

On 2/2/2019 at 9:54 PM, Transit geek said:

I think so. Besides, if I'm not mistaken myself, the Thunder Bay-built Flexity streetcars need to be brought to Kingston for test runs before they can be sent to Hillcrest for commissioning.

For TTC? They might have shipped an early one there, but that's not been happening. The cars go directly from Thunder Bay to Hillcrest. They do test runs at Thunder Bay.

On 2/2/2019 at 10:26 PM, smallspy said:

There are photos of an unnumbered car in a state of almost-completion from the media event of November 1st or so. One media member surmised that it was 4570, but he may have been wrong or misunderstood any explanations. He's certainly been wrong before.

I'm thinking the same thing - I don't think that Kingston is likely to build the final 34 or 32 units or whatever it is. I think that it's more likely that they will build 20 to 25, with the remainder of the units - plus any additional ones beyond the 204, if that rumour pans out - being produced in Thunder Bay.

Thanks. That's a reasonable assumption.

I thought the additional beyond 204 rumour was dead, with nothing in the TTC budget for additional cars until at least 2024 (which remains unfunded). Even additional cars in lieu of a penalty seems increasingly unlikely, given the number that TTC keeps throwing around.

On 2/2/2019 at 10:26 PM, smallspy said:

Yes, but they also have several years to build those. The TTC order needs to be completed by the end of this year.

Service is still scheduled to start September 2021 on Eglinton. Less than several! I'd assume they'd require all the cars by spring 2021 - so only about 2 years left.

Looks like 4422 will enter service on Wed, as it sitting on track 17 in the yard. It was out earlier as a 501 in testing.

4524 heading out for more testing.

4525 could be off loaded on Wed as well 

4526 Will be off loaded next week.

Depending on CP, 4573 could be off loaded Thursday, Friday or Monday.

6 hours ago, drum118 said:

Looks like 4422 will enter service on Wed, as it sitting on track 17 in the yard. It was out earlier as a 501 in testing.

4524 heading out for more testing.

4525 could be off loaded on Wed as well 

4526 Will be off loaded next week.

Depending on CP, 4573 could be off loaded Thursday, Friday or Monday.

You must mean 4522 not 4422

1 hour ago, smallspy said:

If the car was spotting in Lambton Yard yesterday, there is a decent chance that it will be delivered today.

Dan

Car 4525 will be delivered to Hillcrest first. Car 4573 will follow later this week, since it needs to travel to Agincourt first. However, they will both have to wait their turn for delivery until tomorrow at the earliest, due to the weather conditions this morning.

1 hour ago, smallspy said:

If the car was spotting in Lambton Yard yesterday, there is a decent chance that it will be delivered today.

Dan

You stated in the past that cars in Lambton have to go to Agincourt first before going to Hillcrest and thats what happen to 4572. I do agree it make sense to go from Lambton to Hillcrest, but not CP way.

3 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4525 will be delivered to Hillcrest first. Car 4573 will follow later this week, since it needs to travel to Agincourt first. However, they will both have to wait their turn for delivery until tomorrow at the earliest, due to the weather conditions this morning.

2 hours ago, drum118 said:

You stated in the past that cars in Lambton have to go to Agincourt first before going to Hillcrest and thats what happen to 4572. I do agree it make sense to go from Lambton to Hillcrest, but not CP way.

Yes, Hillcrest is only serviced by a roadswitcher that originates at Agincourt. But 4573 is almost certainly already at Agincourt - unlike the roadswitcher which only runs once a day, there are 3 or 4 pairs of trains that service both Lambton and Agincourt Yards, and thus there are multiple opportunities for cars to move from one to the other, including in the middle of the night.

Dan

3 hours ago, smallspy said:

Yes, Hillcrest is only serviced by a roadswitcher that originates at Agincourt. But 4573 is almost certainly already at Agincourt - unlike the roadswitcher which only runs once a day, there are 3 or 4 pairs of trains that service both Lambton and Agincourt Yards, and thus there are multiple opportunities for cars to move from one to the other, including in the middle of the night.

Dan

It was still at Lambton as of this morning.  I'll see if I can spot it in the dark on my way home tonight.