Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

15 hours ago, ttc rider said:

...which is precisely why I said that it is the first car to leave the property for repairs (other than 4401). I am well aware that both 4400 and 4402 were returned to Bombardier, but that was for modifications to bring them to production specs - totally different situation. Car 4466 was damaged during transport, as has been discussed here at length - again, nothing to do with the repairs being carried out in QC.

So yes, with 4400 off the property now and 4401 gone since May, two cars have been sent back for repairs (with 65 more to go, if the info that 67 cars need to be worked on is correct).

For this specific set of repairs - being the frames needing additional welding and support - sure.

But to leave for "repairs", as a wide-ranging sweeping statement of work necessary to be done? No.

Really, it's just semantics. But it goes to show you that the words used have meaning. You know what you're talking about, but anyone else floating around here who didn't know the specifics of the situation may not, and assumed that no other cars had left the property before other than 4401.

Dan

On 9/8/2018 at 3:01 PM, smallspy said:

First car to leave the property other than 4401? Not quite: This is 4400's second trip away from the TTC. And 4402 has also left and come back. And then there's 4466....

Have 4471 and 4478 been shipped to the USA yet?

Gosh, a lot of travelling for some of these cars. I can't think examples over the years of non-retired TTC-owned vehicles leaving town. Did the 1980 loan of CLRVs to Boston use TTC-owned vehicles, or were they still the property of UTDC at the time?

Were cars shipped out of town for repairs historically? The only thing close that jumps to mind is the 1980s rebuild of PCC 4601 (aka  4512) in Kingston.

(though Bombardier still owns 4401 AFAIK - and 4400/4402 when they were shipped to Ottawa and Thunder Bay)

streetcar-4512-06.jpg

4496 Left the yard at 5:05 as a 510 (SQBM) After being here 15 days

4497 is eastbound on King St W after being on 509 and out in Long Branch. I guess its heading to the service bay and has put in at least 40 plus hours of testing.

21 hours ago, nfitz said:

Have 4471 and 4478 been shipped to the USA yet?

Gosh, a lot of travelling for some of these cars. I can't think examples over the years of non-retired TTC-owned vehicles leaving town. Did the 1980 loan of CLRVs to Boston use TTC-owned vehicles, or were they still the property of UTDC at the time?

Were cars shipped out of town for repairs historically? The only thing close that jumps to mind is the 1980s rebuild of PCC 4601 (aka  4512) in Kingston.

(though Bombardier still owns 4401 AFAIK - and 4400/4402 when they were shipped to Ottawa and Thunder Bay)

streetcar-4512-06.jpg

There've been a number of vehicles over the years, but certainly not many by any stretch of the word.

As far as I know, the three CLRVs that ran in Boston had already been accepted by the TTC and run in service before getting shipped out. And other than 4601, I can't think of any other streetcars that would have been shipped away - the TTC's non-standard track gauge made it tricky (although not impossible), and they used to have the capacity to basically build a streetcar from scratch if damaged.

Now, for other vehicles, there were two trolley buses that were used as demonstrators - 9213 to Hamilton and another who's number I can't find to Boston.

Dan

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

4499 has been spotted in Toronto, not on TTC property 

Yeah, I saw it near the CPRail Toronto Yard yesterday.  It was on a railcar but I couldn't get a glimpse of that fleet number.  Maybe 4500 will be coming in late September or early October.  In which case, Leslie Barns will be full after it arrives.

7 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

The next car better be ready to ship by now or they'll never make the schedule. I don't think we'll have to wait long to witness it.

The schedule in the TTC report is only to have 15 cars enter service during the third quarter. 14 cars have already entered service (from 4483 through 4496), so they should achieve the Q3 target easily. And possibly even catch up on the 3 they are behind from Q1 and Q2.

Though the 21--cars in service for Q4 is going to be an ambitious target.

9 hours ago, 38 Highland Creek said:

Yeah, I saw it near the CPRail Toronto Yard yesterday.  It was on a railcar but I couldn't get a glimpse of that fleet number.  Maybe 4500 will be coming in late September or early October.  In which case, Leslie Barns will be full after it arrives.

Not true. Leslie will be busy, but still have space to move around. 120 is what I assume will be the closer end of max allocation allowance at Leslie (that’s tight). 100 in the yard & 20-25 max in the building, with 2 track still functional. 

1 hour ago, bus_7246 said:

Not true. Leslie will be busy, but still have space to move around. 120 is what I assume will be the closer end of max allocation allowance at Leslie (that’s tight). 100 in the yard & 20-25 max in the building, with 2 track still functional. 

I haven't peered in lately, but there seemed to be a fair number of CLRVs and ALRVs parked there at one point. Though not seeing much on the tracker - only 4078 for sure (perhaps 4001). Gosh, Russell must be packed at night! When does Roncs reopen?

59 minutes ago, nfitz said:

I haven't peered in lately, but there seemed to be a fair number of CLRVs and ALRVs parked there at one point. Though not seeing much on the tracker - only 4078 for sure (perhaps 4001). Gosh, Russell must be packed at night! When does Roncs reopen?

The sign said 2020, but parts could be open late 2019 off hand.

4498 is tracking.

4 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4499 is being offloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Thu, Sep. 13). Car 4449 has just arrived at the loading dock for the pull-off.

If all goes well we can expect it to leave Hillcrest for Leslie around 3pm +/- 30 minutes.

3 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

The old fleet plan I saw gave 130 as the number for Leslie. Roncesvalles had 64 and Russell had 70 for a total of 264.

4 hours ago, nfitz said:

4201, 4209, 4223, 4235 & 4239 lay inactive in the yard. 4471 & 4478 are also stripped and inactive in the yard. 4246 & 4232 are the only mobile ALRVs at Leslie. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TTC Guy said:

4471 and 4478?

The flood-damaged cars from the King Street subway near Atlantic Avenue flooding. They announced they are being shipped to a New York facility for repairs.

5 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Did you forget there is a search function on this forum?

Did you forget to answer the question? Why the rudeness?

1 hour ago, nfitz said:

The flood-damaged cars from the King Street subway near Atlantic Avenue flooding. They announced they are being shipped to a New York facility for repairs.

Did you forget to answer the question? Why the rudeness?

I apologize for my rudeness. I hope to promote to use of the search function which would help to answer the question. 

2 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Did you forget there is a search function on this forum?

30 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I apologize for my rudeness. I hope to promote to use of the search function which would help to answer the question. 

No, It’s my fault 

I didn’t check 

5 hours ago, WoodbineSecondExit said:

If all goes well we can expect it to leave Hillcrest for Leslie around 3pm +/- 30 minutes.

Apparently, not everything  went well. Car 4499 was still at Hillcrest one hour ago. Car 4449, which was used for the pull-off this morning, is tracking there as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if 4499 requires towing to Leslie. Can anyone confirm?

9 hours ago, nfitz said:

Presumably the option of parking some cars at the Ex Loop is still available also? Perhaps the C/A decommissioning function could be relocated to free up tracks currently occupied, were things to get really clogged/Roncesvalles slips behind schedule