Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

9 minutes ago, DAT_28 said:

The trackers are experiencing many problems

That a fact when an in service arrow shows up inside of the Barns for 4485 and 4483 was in the yard as a dot this morning. 4485 now at Bloor St and 4483 arrow has the car going westbound when its going eastbound at Spadina still as 185.

Can we say 2 cars have enter service today??

7 minutes ago, drum118 said:

That a fact when an in service arrow shows up inside of the Barns for 4485 and 4483 was in the yard as a dot this morning. 4485 now at Bloor St and 4483 arrow has the car going westbound when its going eastbound at Spadina still as 185.

Can we say 2 cars have enter service today??

So did you saw these cars physically? Because it’s the only way to confirm at this time due to the trackers being all messed up.

1 hour ago, DAT_28 said:

So did you saw these cars physically? Because it’s the only way to confirm at this time due to the trackers being all messed up.

Not close to them, but 4483 was ready for service this morning since it was on the storage track where in service cars are store as a dot only. 4483 has been here 21 days and time frame for cars to go into service when they have issues.

4485 has been here 15 days and about the time frame when cars go into service that have no issues these days.

Since 4485 is showing up on Dufferin now southbound, its a question car for in service as well route. 4483 is still on 509 and safe to say it enter service on it today.

There is one person who can really tell us if cars have enter service and which route and they haven't posted yet.

• Like 1

7:33 pm

Both 4483 & 4485 Still have the wrong GPS routes for them. 

4483 still on 509

4485 has turn eastbound onto King from Dufferin Loop and must be on a 503/504 route..........now going north on Dufferin at Dundas

4486 still in the service bay

4487 heading to Long Branch as an in service 501 car for testing

4488 is now tracking

4489 not tracking

20 minutes ago, drum118 said:
7:33 pm
Both 4483 & 4485 Still have the wrong GPS routes for them. 

4483 still on 509

4485 has turn eastbound onto King from Dufferin Loop and must be on a 503/504 route..........now going north on Dufferin at Dundas

Car 4483 is indeed on 509 and it entered service for the first time this afternoon as the PM peak extra.

I actually saw car 4485 very early this morning as it was heading back to Leslie, likely after overnight testing. So I highly doubt it has entered service already, based on timelines we have seen for the previous deliveries.

4483-4489 at the Barns and service bays except 4485 thats on the inbound track operating on route 36

4485 return to the yard early last night after been seen out on the Queensway as a 29 and will say it was in testing yesterday, not service.

4483 is tracking as on route 7 while in the service bay

4487 was out in Long Branch last night as a 301.

After checking a number of other cars, all showing up on various routes with the correct route number. 4479 is on 512 as an 89 bus, 4472 on 510 as route 59, 4469 on the service track in the yard on route 86, 4466 at Union loop on route 45, 4467 on King St as route 145, 4470 on King on route 79 and haven't check all car.

How do we know any of the "right routes with the wrong number" sightings are factual? If 4485 was tracking as being in operation on Dufferin yesterday, who's to say there's any factual basis for these new sightings, just because they happen to show up on the right street?

Our over reliance on trackers is coming back to bite us in the ass. Frankly I'm surprised it took us this long.

28 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

How do we know any of the "right routes with the wrong number" sightings are factual? If 4485 was tracking as being in operation on Dufferin yesterday, who's to say there's any factual basis for these new sightings, just because they happen to show up on the right street?

Our over reliance on trackers is coming back to bite us in the ass. Frankly I'm surprised it took us this long.

Until yesterday and today, I have never seen a problem with the trackers as for location and route number. This includes having vehicles where TTC has no track or out in lake Ontario or in the 905. I have check various routes and cars before leaving home to catch them where they were supposed to be in action and have see them there.

4485 is now in service on Finch westbound as route 36. It shows up under buses on route 36.  4483 is westbound on Queen west of Broadview as route 7

There is a major issue with the GPS, especially for 4483. It goes from an arrow to a dot back and forth as it travels westbound on King. The GPS has the car in one place and then its a few blocks back where it was early and then jumps ahead of where it is and then back where it was a few seconds ago, then to where it really is. It even disappear from time to time.

Anyone around King should keep an eye open for this car to see if its in testing or in service as an 504. Never know you may find 4485 there as well.

1 hour ago, drum118 said:

There is a major issue with the GPS, especially for 4483. It goes from an arrow to a dot back and forth as it travels westbound on King. The GPS has the car in one place and then its a few blocks back where it was early and then jumps ahead of where it is and then back where it was a few seconds ago, then to where it really is. It even disappear from time to time.

Anyone around King should keep an eye open for this car to see if its in testing or in service as an 504. Never know you may find 4485 there as well.

Car 4483 is in service on 510 Spadina today, as run 25. This is scheduled to pull out from Leslie around 8:30 AM, so it makes sense it was tracking westbound on King at the time of your post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bus_Medic said:

I love the irony of how utterly lost the kids are without their technology.

Is it possible for a machine to troll? ?

As a dad to a special needs kid I can assure you that the technology ain't just about vehicle spotting BM.

54 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

I love the irony of how utterly lost the kids are without their technology.

Hey, I'm closer to a pensioner than a kid. It tricked me today, and I headed to my stop ... early even, Should have been a bus about 3 minutes away ... but I didn't even see it vanishing in the distance. And then, I watched on nextbus, as 3 minutes later, it said the thing was going right past me.

Overall I waited 11 minutes this morning on a route currently scheduled at that time as every 4.5 minutes. With TTC systemic incompetence and inability to run buses properly (I'm near the start of the route - hard to blame traffic at 11 AM!) that in itself isn't unusual. But certainly I'd prefer to have been sitting at home for an extra 10 minutes, if that was what was happening ... or even walking south to a different route.

As it was, it's beautiful outside, and there's good shade over the stop. So not a big deal. But would have been really infuriating were it pouring with rain (there's no shelter!)

But it does remind me just how useless our streetcar network was before we could know just how long we'd have to wait!

I'm sure TTC and Nextbus will fix this soon. I haven't seen such a long outage before ...

Yeah, but there's a difference between using NextBus for a utilitarian function (given the horrendous service conditions on many routes it's pretty much a requirement to stay sane), and freaking out because you can't sight some bus somewhere or other.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dowlingm said:

As a dad to a special needs kid I can assure you that the technology ain't just about vehicle spotting BM.

I sympathize with you,....Ontario_Transit et al, I do not.

much of my existing workload now is spent keeping the old strategic mapping system going. Thank you for reminding me who I really do it for.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ontario_Transit said:

Any word on when this will be fixed? Don't worry, I have more screenshots.

In TransSee I have removed these ghost buses from the predictions and marked as Invalid in the route vehicle list and the fleet search.

• Thanks 4