Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

5 minutes ago, Transit geek said:

Not sure if anyone posted on this yet, but the Edmonton Journal reporting that the Valley Line Flexity Freedom cars are all being sourced from Kingston instead of TB - and perhaps more importantly, the first car left on time!

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/getting-on-track-first-valley-line-lrt-train-car-sets-out-on-month-long-trip-to-edmonton

Yes all Freedom vehicles are coming from Kingston. They said that when they made this bid for Edmonton. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PCC Guy said:

4483 is on Bathurst at College, I doubt a trip back to TB is in the cards

I just edit my comment. Odd one tracker has it one place and another some where else and thats a first.

Since it arrived June 21 + 17 days about to in service, About July 8th now.

One must also keep in mind that the GPS readings are often relative, and not absolutely precise.

4041 has been tracking in some random house off Connaught all weekend. I highly doubt that's where it actually is. ;)

4041.png

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, drum118 said:

I just edit my comment. Odd one tracker has it one place and another some where else and thats a first.

What other tracker? The only public one I'm aware of is TTC Real-Time Next Vehicle Arrival (NVAS) (http://webservices.nextbus.com/service/publicXMLFeed?command=vehicleLocation&a=ttc&v=4483&t=0)

As far as I know, everything else (TranSee, Sammi, etc.) is simply using NVAS. Presumably if one of those others is wrong, it's some internal error.

53 minutes ago, drum118 said:

Don't expect any car off loaded until Wed or Thurs

4483 has been out a number of days for testing and has issues to say:

Whoa!! is 4483 going back to TB??

Actually, today was the first day of on-street testing for car 4483.

However, it crapped out while running northbound on Bathurst and had to be pushed by Flexity 4475 (which was in service on 511 at the time) up Bathurst Street to the first available off-route location, which happened to be Hillcrest. Not sure what happened after that, but using online tracking, I am seeing it is heading back to Leslie as I am typing this,  and it is being followed very closely (perhaps towed?) by car 4475.

• Like 1

I have worked in a factory with a summer maintenance shutdown, and I by no means begrudge the workers from time off. However, Bombardier are making up for lost time while operating a second line, so I don't think it's anti-worker to wonder if some activity, even if not actual assembly, will occur.

Does anyone know if yet another new car was offloaded at Hillcrest this afternoon?

Car 4423 went up there and has been tracking for a long time on the spur track leading to the off-loading dock. It has started to head back to Leslie about 15 minutes ago. I suspect it was sent to Hilcrest either because there is a new car on property that needed to be pulled off the flatcar, or it was necessary to tow car 4486 (which has been sitting at Hillcrest since Friday) down to Leslie.

9 hours ago, dowlingm said:

4483 just left the barns for testing. Its GPS appears all over the place when not on the road.

Even when out for testing, the GPS is all over the place to having it park on X line for sometime.

The GPS on this car is the worse I have seen on any cars to date.

Currently showing the car on Evans Ave, west of Royal York, considering it should be in the service bay like the other 2. 4485 GPS had it in Lake Ontario for a short time.

With the amount of time 4483 has been out, could spend the next 2 days getting ready for service.

With the amount of work to be done to fix 4408, a good time to put it on the next flat and ship to Quebec and get them to fix the damage there. I find the travel time long, but no idea who service the plant in Quebec. I guess one is protecting their ass for the extra travel time and the whole time line.

TTC should have very little problem dropping to a 10-15% ratio while these cars are repair since BBD has maintain since day one that the new fleet will spend little time in the service bay until the 10-15 year life cycle from day one. 

40 minutes ago, TTC Guy said:

Not properly, Bombardier made a welding mistake and most of the new streetcar we have in service have to go back for repairs 

Nothing gets by you, does it?

• Haha 4