Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

1 hour ago, KMB_BUS said:

4476 has arrived at Hillcrest on flatcars.

Can you tell us when did you see it precisely?

Car 4422 has spent the whole morning at Hillcrest today (May 10), which makes me believe a newly delivered car (can't tell the car number) was off-loaded this morning.

1 hour ago, ttc rider said:

Can you tell us when did you see it precisely?

Car 4422 has spent the whole morning at Hillcrest today (May 10), which makes me believe a newly delivered car (can't tell the car number) was off-loaded this morning.

Thursday, May 10th, 2018 @ 5pm.

I was there cause my uniform polo shirt was too small and I wanted a bigger size.

20180510_172442.jpg

20180510_172523.jpg

• Like 3

Great. Thank you for the info and the pictures! Very useful to keep track of delivery dates.

So, this basically means that 4476 will most likely be off-loaded tomorrow (Friday). In this case, does anyone know if there was another car delivered to Hillcrest this week other than 4476?

I am seeing on UT that someone reported a shipment from Thunder Bay had reached Toronto this Monday. Could it be that a car other than 4476 was off-loaded already at Hillcrest this morning or in the past couple of days?

2 hours ago, Ontario_Transit said:

Will any units further on be delivered with only the pantograph?

All units will come equipped with both trolley pole and pantograph.

On the topic of deliveries: for record-keeping purposes, was there any other car delivered this past week other than 4476 on Friday, May 11?

Tracker has 4401 sitting at Hillcrest and guess it finally going to return to TB on the Flat Monday that brought 4476 down. It will be a month short of 5 years since it arrived as a prototype and should have been sent back in 2014 for rebuilding as a production car. We should see it return in the fall as a rebuilt.

4475 was heading to St Clair for a 3 round of testing that I have seen, with the first 2 being very short time frame for testing.

7 hours ago, drum118 said:

.... and should have been sent back in 2014 for rebuilding as a production car.

You are in NO position to be saying when a streetcar *should* have been going back, Dave. None of us are.

Get off of your high horse.

Dan

• Thanks 1

4401 has left Hillcrest property and should be on its way to Thunder Bay tomorrow, depending on CP. No date as to when it will return nor 4466. 4403 was used to push 4401 onto the flat with pan up. Lots of inspection and paperwork to be sign before was 4401 was pushed onto the flat.

No word when 4401 or 4466 will return.

TTX 932335 Is the flat car carrying 4401 back to Thunder Bay. SOO 51318 and CP 315 284 are the idler flat cars. Lots of photos being taken by TTC while the car was being loaded as well before the car was pushed onto the car.

The car was very scrip of parts and lights. The pole was tied down to a bar on the roof with wire and tape.

Various jacks were used to lift the flat to the correct hight.

Photos to follow

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

the ramp

It appears there is a lot more to it than the ramp replacement:

20 hours ago, drum118 said:

[4401] will be a month short of 5 years since it arrived as a prototype and should have been sent back in 2014 for rebuilding as a production car. We should see it return in the fall as a rebuilt.

At some point, the plan was to have 4401 returned to Thunder Bay in August 2015, according to our knowledgeable poster quoted above. As for when it will be back in Toronto - well, 4400 took a year, and 4402 took 17 months to retrofit. So we will see.

Many thanks for today's videos!

19 hours ago, Viva5113 said:

4474 has old fare machine. Wonder will this become permanent.

No, temporary, until they can get the newer Metrolinx/Presto ones. Presumably these are the same machines they used previously a few years ago, taken out of mothballs.

On 5/14/2018 at 10:03 PM, ttc rider said:

At some point, the plan was to have 4401 returned to Thunder Bay in August 2015, according to our knowledgeable poster quoted above. As for when it will be back in Toronto - well, 4400 took a year, and 4402 took 17 months to retrofit. So we will see.

The question would be, is it less work to manufacture a completely new car, or retrofit 4401?

I wouldn't be surprised if they are concerned about 4401 slowing them down, and it will sit off on a side somewhere, and only be touched if there's nothing else to do. With it looking more likely that Bombardier will get the add-on order and/or additional cars for compensation, I wouldn't be surprised if 4401 doesn't actually return as part of the initial 204-car order, and instead returns later as part of the additional (60?) cars, sometime after the rush to ship the 204th car (which would then be 4604) in late 2019.

@nfitz I would think that retrofitting 4401 is more likely, perhaps fitting it into a slot in the production line when there is a parts shortage in an area 4401 doesn't need. One of the other pilot cars took 17 months to come back so probably shouldn't hold our collective breaths.

8 hours ago, Shemar said:

4476 is now trackable.

Been tracking since Tuesday and has done 3 days of testing so far that I know of. It arrived May 11.

4475 should go into service any day, considering it arrived April 30. 21 days plus has become the norm for entering service, up from 8-10 days last year.

I guess CP will pickup 4401 on Tuesday or when they drop off 4477

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, drum118 said:

I guess CP will pickup 4401 on Tuesday or when they drop off 4477

Yes, most likely.  There was no activity over the long weekend as far as deliveries by CP are concerned. Car 4401 was still at Hillcrest waiting for pickup this afternoon (May 21).

Considering that both 4477 and 4478 have been sent to Toronto on the same train and were spotted in Sudbury one week ago, I expect them to be delivered to Hillcrest one at a time at some point this week.