Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

4 hours ago, Shemar said:

4468 just arrived this morning.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

4 hours ago, Shemar said:

Another Flexity was pushing it into Hillcrest.

That must have been #4405. It made a round trip from Leslie to Hillcrest and back this morning, so presumably 4468 did not drive under its own power down to Leslie, but was towed instead. Does anyone know if this was in fact the case?

2 hours ago, WoodbineSecondExit said:

We're at the approximate 3 week mark for 4465 and it's only now being taken out for I presume stop announcement testing. (it's signed in on 506 right now)

Final testing before going into service either Friday to Sunday. Currently 22 days since arrival and becoming the norm for entering service, up from the 10-15 days last year.

4467 has been out a few times for testing as well. May see it in service by the 15th and one of the earlies cars to see testing after arrival this year.

4466 spending time in the yard and service bays, currently in the yard.

No tracking for 4468 yet.

Not sure where 4469 is in transit, but TTC should have it by Monday.

8 hours ago, drum118 said:

4469 was supposed to be off loaded Sat

What is your source for that? As far as I know, there was never an off-load on a weekend or holiday, but there are plenty of examples of cars delivered at the dock during these times, but sitting on flatcars and not offloaded until the next working day, usually a Monday. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ttc rider said:

What is your source for that? As far as I know, there was never an off-load on a weekend or holiday, but there are plenty of examples of cars delivered at the dock during these times, but sitting on flatcars and not offloaded until the next working day, usually a Monday. 

A posting regarding 4470 being delivery to the Barns on Sat.

TTC has unloaded cars on a Sat in the past.

4468 just left the Barns for testing, considering it arrived March 5.

15 hours ago, drum118 said:

A posting regarding 4470 being delivery to the Barns on Sat.

If you're referring to this discussion on UT  https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/ttc-flexity-streetcars-testing-delivery-bombardier.3263/page-800, that rumour has been thoroughly debunked and the original poster banned. Probably just a kid craving for attention.

15 hours ago, drum118 said:

TTC has unloaded cars on a Sat in the past.

When precisely?

Looking at my records dating back to 2014, I can't see any such situation. Granted, I am not infallible and for a few cars the delivery dates may be off by a day or two, but generally offloading always seemed to take place on weekdays. As an extreme example, car 4415 sat at the dock for five days, between Dec. 24 and 29, 2015 due to the Christmas holiday.

7 hours ago, smallspy said:

It wasn't. Was still sitting at the dock on Sunday.

Dan

Thanks for the info. So I am going to make an educated guess that it was off-loaded today (March 12).

17 hours ago, ttc rider said:

When precisely?

Looking at my records dating back to 2014, I can't see any such situation. Granted, I am not infallible and for a few cars the delivery dates may be off by a day or two, but generally offloading always seemed to take place on weekdays. As an extreme example, car 4415 sat at the dock for five days, between Dec. 24 and 29, 2015 due to the Christmas holiday.

I don' t have my notes handy, but I believe that there have been one or two Saturday unloadings. But they are certainly far from the norm, and especially not in the last while.

17 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Thanks for the info. So I am going to make an educated guess that it was off-loaded today (March 12).

That is also my assumption.

Dan

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tom1122 said:

Transsee just listed 4468 on the 301. (yes, THREE-zero-one) I'm guessing it's either a mistake or TTC "assigned" it to the 301 as part of its testing.

Now it's signed in on the 501 and its actually running on Queen Street. Looks like 4468 entered service on the 501 but it might be an unscheduled extra.

EDIT: 4468 is just doing testing

Edited by Shemar

5 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

Transsee just listed 4468 on the 301. (yes, THREE-zero-one) I'm guessing it's either a mistake or TTC "assigned" it to the 301 as part of its testing.

This is on-street testing as part of the commissioning process. They often "sign in" the cars onto 506 Carlton or 306 Carlton night routes as well.

Of note, both 4467 and 4468 are doing on-street testing, but 4466 which was delivered before them, has yet to leave the carhouse - or at least I have never seen it out when I checked - which is unusual considering it arrived on Feb. 20. So it appears the damage done during transport by CP involved more than just the trolley pole.

4466 has been sitting at the front of the line in the yard on track 3? the last 24+ hours. It been in and out of various service bays since arrival as well a day in the yard beside the current one.

It was odd to see 4468 in service as a 501 on Queen yesterday when it was still in testing. It was doing testing on Queen before heading to St Clair.

4467 has been out for testing and in the service bay the last 2 days.

Expecting TTC is doing a lot more inspection and fixing various issues they know to look for before putting a car out for testing. The failure rate is still well be low the standards for them, but well higher than the old fleet.

Better get shots and videos of the ALRV's, since this is their last year being around.