Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

On 1/6/2018 at 1:07 PM, WoodbineSecondExit said:

2017 saw 4431-4459 get delivered.

2017 Flexity Deliveries

January February March April May June July August September October November December Total  

April 2017 Schedule

0 2 1 1 3 2 3 2 4 7 8 7

40 (70)

2017 Actual

-

-

-

-

29 (59)

15 (30)

12 (15)

It's positive news to see BBD ramping up production, even if they are missing deadlines by oh so many. Hell, according to the TTC's original plans the production cars were to be delivered over 6 years from 2012 to 2018. Over that time, 3 streetcars per month would have been enough to meet the original deadlines. Had BBD been producing at the currently projected rate of 6/month from the outset and had begun delivery in 2012 as originally planned, they would have all arrived and the CLRVs/ALRVs would have been gone for at least two years now, freeing up room for BBD to build all the Metrolinx LRVs in Thunder Bay without reliance on Millhaven.

17 hours ago, Transit geek said:

It's positive news to see BBD ramping up production, even if they are missing deadlines by oh so many. Hell, according to the TTC's original plans the production cars were to be delivered over 6 years from 2012 to 2018. Over that time, 3 streetcars per month would have been enough to meet the original deadlines. Had BBD been producing at the currently projected rate of 6/month from the outset and had begun delivery in 2012 as originally planned, they would have all arrived and the CLRVs/ALRVs would have been gone for at least two years now, freeing up room for BBD to build all the Metrolinx LRVs in Thunder Bay without reliance on Millhaven.

Even though 6 were delivered in December, the first 2 were assembled and shipped in November so the ramp up looks less impressive that it does. 1 per week still seems to be the hump.

49 minutes ago, smallspy said:

Considering that 4460 was delivered on January 5th, and 4461 sometime between then and now, shouldn't we give them at least a little bit of time?

I saw car 4460 sitting on the flatcar at the Hillcrest dock on New Year's Day and it was off-loaded on Tuesday, Jan 2nd. It was even reported here:

I don't know when 4461 arrived, but presumably that is the car that was off-loaded on January 5th, considering its GPS was first activated yesterday and today it is out testing.

16 hours ago, ttc rider said:

I saw car 4460 sitting on the flatcar at the Hillcrest dock on New Year's Day and it was off-loaded on Tuesday, Jan 2nd. It was even reported here:

I don't know when 4461 arrived, but presumably that is the car that was off-loaded on January 5th, considering its GPS was first activated yesterday and today it is out testing.

I should know better than trying to use my notes from memory. You were right - 4460 was offloaded on the 2nd, 4461 on the 5th.

Dan

3 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

Why are even mentioning fleet replacements in a delivery tracking thread? 

And while we're at it, the BVG's Flexities are the best looking. This looks off. 

I prefer to see a Stadler car than BVG for the next order. Then, CAF is better than BVG car which is what TTC has with various changes. Been on all 3 of them and have videos of them as well, including photos.

9 hours ago, drum118 said:

I prefer to see a Stadler car than BVG for the next order. Then, CAF is better than BVG car which is what TTC has with various changes. Been on all 3 of them and have videos of them as well, including photos.

Sounds like MORE than enough evidence to me, let’s gitsum!

• Haha 2

On 1/24/2018 at 8:43 PM, WoodbineSecondExit said:

4461 and 4462 must be having some difficulties because I don't think they've left Leslie Barns in days.

4462 left Leslie for some burn late last night/early morning and is sitting inside right now. 4461 still hasn't moved much in the last several days. It's been 3 weeks since delivery.

I thought something was up when I saw 4461 out on the exit track at Leslie Barns. It's now entered service on 504 exactly 3 weeks after being delivered.

4461 is finally in service on 504 at Dundas W station. 4462 up on St Clair doing testing.

First time that I know that either car has been out of the yard since last Friday. 4461 has been in and out of the yard a number times waiting for another bay to open up for what every.

22 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

I was watching some testing videos of the Flexities and noticed that they had a light on at the very back and bottom of the first module, similar to say a turning light on a coach, or a newer bus spec'd with that option. I've never seen it used in service. What is it and is it ever used? 

Didn't notice that when I rode the Flexity but it could be similar to this Houston LRV made by CAF: