Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

• 2 weeks later...

I'd guess 4414 is December's car and will be in service by Dec 31st giving us 4400, 4403 - 4414 - 13 not 16 cars in service.

The 16th car (4417) will likely arrive in March and by December 2016 they should start running 4400's on the 511.

They shouldn't run new cars on any other line until either the 509 or 510 is converted. This will free up some CLRVs for other service improvements. They shouldn't even run new cars on the 509 but that change was made during the 510 bussitution. Now, they need 18-20 cars before the 510 can be converted with enough spares available.

It may amuse board members to learn that Bombardier have been selected (as part of a consortium) to provide the vehicles for Edmonton's light rail extension. Good news for our province obviously in terms of jobs for the north, and if it means a tipping point for Bombardier to expand their supply chain maybe good for the GTA deliveries too - now I'm the one struck with Byford like optimism :)

It may amuse board members to learn that Bombardier have been selected (as part of a consortium) to provide the vehicles for Edmonton's light rail extension. Good news for our province obviously in terms of jobs for the north, and if it means a tipping point for Bombardier to expand their supply chain maybe good for the GTA deliveries too - now I'm the one struck with Byford like optimism :)

Flexity Outlooks was selected. Oh god. I wonder how many they are getting. I don't think they will be coupled together given the short stop platforms. Their MSF seem to fit 30-35 vehicles. The line is only 13km long, so probably 20-25 LRVs max. Probably less. It probably won't contribute much to the 204+182+14-12 Flexity that have yet to be completed.

Bombardier has been doing ok with other orders. BART order is on track.

10 days from delivery to service. They could squeeze 4402 or 4414 into service by the 31st but given holiday period and likely thinner crews to check and fit out with post-delivery equipment, we would probably need to see it by... the 16th?

People will take Christmas off. Don't expect much at this rate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TTC going all LFLRV on Spadina (though this had already been known for a bit, I guess they have enough cars to commit the change)

https://twitter.com/ttcplanning/status/682207760881065984

I sat at Queen/Spadina McDs on the 23rd (and what a crap one it is, but I was too hungry and tired to walk further) and noted quite a few CLRVs operating the route. As I understand it will be ALRVs covering LFLRV shortages where they occur. It will be interesting to see how often they are called on.

TTC going all LFLRV on Spadina (though this had already been known for a bit, I guess they have enough cars to commit the change)

I sat at Queen/Spadina McDs on the 23rd (and what a crap one it is, but I was too hungry and tired to walk further) and noted quite a few CLRVs operating the route. As I understand it will be ALRVs covering LFLRV shortages where they occur. It will be interesting to see how often they are called on.

Wait for someone to vandalize one, then a ALRV would be in it's place. I highly doubt that they'll have all 14 ready by the 3rd. Since reports say it arrived on the 24th and it takes an average of 9 days to get it in service, unless ran it over Christmas and New Years, it won't be ready for the 3rd. If they do put an ALRV out, it'll probably only do the 510C branch to King.

Yes, the McDs at Queen/Spadina is crappy. It gets worst at night.

I would say quite often as operators are still need to be trained on the new streetcars especially for those who recently transferred to streetcars. I want to know what takes so long to get 4402 back to Ttc.