Post TTC Application (You've made it! Now let's talk!)

nokia_b0y

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One question...at training we got these blue work gloves with nitrile dipped palms.  Anyone know where we can get more of those?  They didn't have them at our division when I asked.  They gave us other more expensive gloves, but I prefer the blue ones.  

I bought something that looks similar on Amazon and I hate them, wasted money on them, too loose and plastic feeling.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2017 at 11:33 AM, slowtyper said:

I was shopping for a new travel credit card and wondering if the TTC has any coverage for when travelling abroad or in the USA?

If you are with TD Bank get the First Class Visa Infinite Card, really good travel points and other perks as well

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2017 at 11:33 AM, slowtyper said:

I was shopping for a new travel credit card and wondering if the TTC has any medical coverage for when travelling abroad or in the USA?

Good question, I'd like to know as well. Anything come with benefits in terms of comprehensive travel insurance? Forgot to ask at documentation.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2016 at 0:29 PM, LMESSIAH said:

No there's nothing posted at queensway...

Hi there,

i will be starting my training at queenways from july12.How is the division?what kind of shift does the newbies usually get?what is the number of exams in total during the training?how are the trainers?Any home work that can be done prior to training as i do have Z brake endorsement?Can you throw some light on following question

Hey guys, I will be starting training July 10th for subway for the YUS line. Is there anything I should read up on before my training starts to prepare? Where do I pick up the train from in the morning Wilson or davisville? What kind of shifts do new ops get starting at YUS? Are there big splits in between shifts like the bus? thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-06-27 at 5:57 PM, kp84 said:

Hi there,

i will be starting my training at queenways from july12.How is the division?what kind of shift does the newbies usually get?what is the number of exams in total during the training?how are the trainers?Any home work that can be done prior to training as i do have Z brake endorsement?Can you throw some light on following question

I suggest you go through the MTO Air Brake book online and understand how it all works before you start your training. It's a couple of hours read. In class, you'll learn the Air Brakes in the way they want you to learn it and will only teach you what is related to the TTC buses, but the main theory is all the same. Good luck. 

On 27/06/2017 at 5:57 PM, kp84 said:

Hi there,

New ops currently at Queensway as there are quite a few have finish shift times varying from 5pm till 5am. As you will be the bottom plan on a night bus.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have to get a doctor's note before getting massages or orthotics with the benefits plan?

Also do you know if the plan covers seating pads/devices to help you sit with better posture?  Something like this https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B004WO5UXC/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500704839&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=backjoy&dpPl=1&dpID=31n%2BENhTqCL&ref=plSrch

Or maybe an obusforme lumbar support backrest or something?

I was planning to buy one but if it's covered I will wait until benefits kick in.

Thanks!

On 2017-07-22 at 2:28 AM, slowtyper said:

Do you have to get a doctor's note before getting massages or orthotics with the benefits plan?

Also do you know if the plan covers seating pads/devices to help you sit with better posture?  Something like this https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B004WO5UXC/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500704839&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=backjoy&dpPl=1&dpID=31n%2BENhTqCL&ref=plSrch

Or maybe an obusforme lumbar support backrest or something?

I was planning to buy one but if it's covered I will wait until benefits kick in.

Thanks!

Yes for dr note for eligible extended Heath care benefits like massage etc

not sure the back rest, or seat cover but I'd assume it has to be medically necessary and prescribed for benefits to even consider it . 

3 hours ago, Mrsb2you said:

Yes for dr note for eligible extended Heath care benefits like massage etc

not sure the back rest, or seat cover but I'd assume it has to be medically necessary and prescribed for benefits to even consider it . 

Thanks!  I don't have a doctor so I guess I would just go to a walk-in.