Vancouver: T-Comm "E-Sightings"

MCW Metrobus

11 minutes ago, Citaro said:

It was working for me earlier this morning and it is still working for me now, so I’m not sure what the issue is. Notwithstanding that, this resource was developed, is run and maintained by one person on a voluntary basis. I’m very appreciative of their efforts because it is very well maintained and reliable; I know you probably won’t agree, but your snarky commentary is unnecessary. I especially do not appreciate your negative sentiments because Dennis has contributed a lot to this community and deserves much more respect than what you’re giving.

To add onto that, while Dennis' T-Comm usually works without issue, it's almost always an issue on TransLinks end when stuff stops working, whether it be due to scheduled maintenance or otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Citaro said:

It was working for me earlier this morning and it is still working for me now, so I’m not sure what the issue is. Notwithstanding that, this resource was developed, is run and maintained by one person on a voluntary basis. I’m very appreciative of their efforts because it is very well maintained and reliable; I know you probably won’t agree, but your snarky commentary is unnecessary. I especially do not appreciate your negative sentiments because Dennis has contributed a lot to this community and deserves much more respect than what you’re giving.

I’m not talking about the guy who runs the T-Comm website, so don’t even start putting words in my mouth. The entire system that TransLink uses isn’t working. T-Comm is the name of a website, yes, but as far as my knowledge goes it is also the name of TransLink’s bus tracking system (if I’m wrong then correct me because I believe TMAC is separate). Go onto the Radar app (or any other third-party app) right now and put in “49” or “84,” nothing comes up. Search for other routes and only a couple buses show up, including buses that are currently sitting in the yards. This is TRANSLINK’s problem, not the third-parties who provide overall better tracking services. I could care less if you don’t “appreciate” the “snarky commentary” and I’m not apologizing for your misunderstanding.

1 hour ago, Pops1719 said:

To add onto that, while Dennis' T-Comm usually works without issue, it's almost always an issue on TransLinks end when stuff stops working, whether it be due to scheduled maintenance or otherwise.

That’s what I’m referring to. 🤦‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Transit Guy said:

I’m not talking about the guy who runs the T-Comm website, so don’t even start putting words in my mouth. The entire system that TransLink uses isn’t working. T-Comm is the name of a website, yes, but as far as my knowledge goes it is also the name of TransLink’s bus tracking system (if I’m wrong then correct me because I believe TMAC is separate). Go onto the Radar app right now and put in “49” or “84,” nothing comes up. This is TRANSLINK’s problem, not the third parties who provide overall better tracking services.

That’s what I’m referring to. 🤦‍♂️

Your complaint pertains to Next Bus, not T-Comm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Citaro said:

Your complaint pertains to Next Bus, not T-Comm.

Ah, thank you for correcting me. I will refer to it as “Next Bus” from now on to avoid confusion.

When the overall Next Bus system is down or buggy (like it appears to be now), would it make sense to post about it here or under General Sightings as it does go beyond the T-Comm website?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Transit Guy said:

Ah, thank you for correcting me. I will refer to it as “Next Bus” from now on to avoid confusion.

When the overall Next Bus system is down or buggy (like it appears to be now), would it make sense to post about it here or under General Sightings as it does go beyond the T-Comm website?

Since T-Comm is dependent on Next Bus, I think it can go here.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Citaro said:

Since T-Comm is dependent on Next Bus, I think it can go here.

Thanks again, and I apologize for my ignorance on the name that led to some confusion as well as my overall pigheadedness that I still need to work on.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Transit Guy said:

Thanks again, and I apologize for my ignorance on the name that led to some confusion as well as my overall pigheadedness that I still need to work on.

I too regret the misunderstanding but I’m happy we resolved it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

21008 as a fireworks special made at least 1 trip as a 22 Knight to 63rd this evening

Fireworks stuff would be considered special sightings in my opinion since this thread is for posting stuff seen on Tcomm

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

Fireworks stuff would be considered special sightings in my opinion since this thread is for posting stuff seen on Tcomm

Just discovered it being a mistake on my part

57 minutes ago, Express691 said:

On route 100 today youre either getting an XE40 or a RapidBus. In other words, there wont be a single 9400/16000 doing the 100 today.

Not entirely true, 21004 is also out on the 100.  So there is a one non-Rapidbus artic out there.

The 3 is dieselised today, entirely with 9000 series Novas.  The 8, 10 and 20 are all E60LFR's, so VTC has plenty of 21000's sitting unused today.

• Like 1

Kinda odd how it's strictly 9600s on the 3 today, which also suggests plenty of 18300s being unused today. Yeah it's diesel but at the very least I'd expect a mix (which normally happens)

The original post was made before 21004 started its block but regardless, it's either an artic or XE40 today on the 100

11 hours ago, 503FraserHwy said:

heres an interesting one

as of 6:30 AM, there are more 2001 Orion V's out than there are 2008 Orion V's

Considering there are 14 active '01 Orion units and only 9 '08 Orions, of course there are gonna be more 2001 units out! Ever learn how to count?