MCW Metrobus

Vancouver: T-Comm "E-Sightings"

So far... In terms of keeping the RapidBus and normal fleets separate, it looks okay for the first morning out...

1 hour ago, 8010 said:

16219 is currently on the R4 for most of the day. I'm so surprised...

I knew it. The skeptics are out in full force :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Millennium2002 said:

I knew it. The skeptics are out in full force :P

Im surprised how well they actually managed to get the RapidBus artics on RB routes today. But now I ask why they bothered transferring 16219 to HTC when we currently have 107 of 110 (iirc) RB artics in service and a bunch if them will be spares for at least another month until R2 begins service.

The first 14 on the new sheet was 2197. Departed UBC for Downtown at 03.00. Last trip was again from UBC at 18.33 to due to arrive at Kootenay Loop at  19.45. This is one of the trolleys that returns to VTC running NIS along the Express wires and then makes a left turn on to Nanaimo. The bus is probably out in service about 18 hours from ~02.30 to say 20.30.

6 hours ago, martin607 said:

The bus is probably out in service about 18 hours from ~02.30 to say 20.30.

Thats common.  Lots of trolleys go out out at 5am and don't get back before midnight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 9924 said:

Thats common.  Lots of trolleys go out out at 5am and don't get back before midnight.

I appreciate that 18 hours isn't unusual but nevertheless  I was interested to see how long the first block of the day is, given that the 14 now starts service much earlier than before.

I wonder what the longest block on the whole system is. 

1 hour ago, neopasturquoise said:

Not surprisingly, 9654 and 9655 are on the R5

So if 9656

7 hours ago, KINGSTER200 said:

15005 on the 323; also did a 335 and a 325.

Confirmed sighting by operators.

According to T-Comm, it also did a 337/393... you sure it wasn't just an incorrect login?

10 minutes ago, FlyingPig said:

According to T-Comm, it also did a 337/393... you sure it wasn't just an incorrect login?

The 337/393 was an incorrect login. The other block was a confirmed sighting.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KINGSTER200 said:

9720 on the 99, not on one of the interlined 99 Boundary trips.

It’s bizarre how PTC keeps taking artics... a 40-footer is far more suitable on the R3 than it is on the 99.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Citaro said:

It’s bizarre how PTC keeps taking artics... a 40-footer is far more suitable on the R3 than it is on the 99.

The R3 is new and shiny. Also, the RapidBus routes are probably given absolute first priority for artics, given how much they’re trying to build and maintain the new brand.

I raised on another thread the question of an artic shortage. I raise it again, especially with the R2 coming in April.

1 hour ago, GORDOOM said:

The R3 is new and shiny. Also, the RapidBus routes are probably given absolute first priority for artics, given how much they’re trying to build and maintain the new brand.

I raised on another thread the question of an artic shortage. I raise it again, especially with the R2 coming in April.

They’re definitely not short, or at least not yet. You’re probably right in that the R2 will change that, but the R3 has had appropriate buses every day since its inception (except for those few days it snowed). PTC definitely doesn’t need all of the artics they currently possess.

2 hours ago, Citaro said:

They’re definitely not short, or at least not yet. You’re probably right in that the R2 will change that, but the R3 has had appropriate buses every day since its inception (except for those few days it snowed). PTC definitely doesn’t need all of the artics they currently possess.

PTC needs to take the 145 on weekends

47 minutes ago, Translink69 said:

PTC needs to take the 145 on weekends

That won’t change anything. There’s a surplus of vehicles on weekends and holidays anywhere you look.

Here's what I'm gathering:

143 - 5 buses PM rush

145 - 9 buses PM rush

R3 - 9 buses PM rush

Total: 23 scheduled artic runs

PCT unit total: 22 XDE60, 16 D60LFR

So around 40% spare ratio (IDK what's at FOH or out for long term repair though so)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KINGSTER200 said:

9720 on the 99, not on one of the interlined 99 Boundary trips.

9742 on the 99 for the PM rush.

2 hours ago, Express691 said:

Here's what I'm gathering:

143 - 5 buses PM rush

145 - 9 buses PM rush

R3 - 9 buses PM rush

Total: 23 scheduled artic runs

PCT unit total: 22 XDE60, 16 D60LFR

So around 40% spare ratio (IDK what's at FOH or out for long term repair though so)

I know 18044 is out for a bit. From what I observe the R3 is fine for buses, however,,, they seem to be using XDE60s for the 143 and 145. D60LFRs slacking off again??????