Vancouver: T-Comm "E-Sightings"

MCW Metrobus

8 minutes ago, Express691 said:

As far as I'm aware this came into effect starting yesterday 

Interesting, I did send a feedback request a couple weeks ago asking them to book out the XDE60s on select all-day blocks for the articulated trolley routes since service on the 84 has been reduced for the summer and there’s no point letting A/C buses sit around at VTC all day while the overcrowded articulated hotboxes roam around on all-day summer blocks. I’m not saying I had anything to do with it, but if you provide detailed feedback they tend to listen more, or perhaps some of the VTC drivers finally complained.

1 hour ago, Transit Guy said:

Interesting, I did send a feedback request a couple weeks ago asking them to book out the XDE60s on select all-day blocks for the articulated trolley routes since service on the 84 has been reduced for the summer and there’s no point letting A/C buses sit around at VTC all day while the overcrowded articulated hotboxes roam around on all-day summer blocks. I’m not saying I had anything to do with it, but if you provide detailed feedback they tend to listen more, or perhaps some of the VTC drivers finally complained.

I agree, considering the 84 frequency the 21000's are not getting much mileage. On weekends there are only around 4 blocks out and thus a bunch of XDE60's sit idle at the depot.   

• Like 2

7466 looks to be on the 337

If you're reading this, it's a sunday when it happened

And everyone else is trying to verify if the replacement of an HTC shuttle with an STC 40ft OP was valid in the first place

(I'm trying to prevent a select crowd from asking low-level questions)

Further diagnosing: 17527 was on the 371, but didn't complete the run. It's the only 371 out on Sundays. 17522 was on the original 337 but was swapped in to do the block on the 371 to replace 17527. Then 7466 replaces 17522 on the 337.

TLDR 7466 replaced 17522 which replaced 17527 which didn't finish its run.

21008, 21009, 21011, and 21012 on the 3 all day today.

I’m just going to assume my feedback had something to do with these full-day runs because I don’t think a single VTC XDE60 has ended up on a peak-only trolley block since the introduction of the 21000s, and I specifically asked for them to be assigned on “select all-day blocks” during hot summer days.