Vancouver: T-Comm "E-Sightings"

MCW Metrobus

3 hours ago, Express691 said:

Its legit

7426 @ 22

Hunch: broadway subway dieselization of route 9

I'm pretty sure it's not the 9, given the D40LFs were retired for good. However, I still have no idea why it is there. Apparently the driver said something about not being able to drive trolleys and getting instead of a Nova. I doubt that VTC is out of Novas (they never seem to be LOL), so I really don't know.

On 6/10/2020 at 2:33 PM, Express691 said:

Its legit

7426 @ 22

Hunch: broadway subway dieselization of route 9

9's don't go diesel until the new schedule begins on the 22nd which is when the 41s go to trolley's.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 9924 said:

9's don't go diesel until the new schedule begins on the 22nd which is when the 41s go to trolley's.

That new schedule is in 11 days, which still isn't far off. 2 weeks early for a project that is expected to take 5 years.
Besides, someone mentioned in another thread that the extra buses may also be needed on routes which need more social distancing. 

29 minutes ago, Express691 said:

That new schedule is in 11 days, which still isn't far off. 2 weeks early for a project that is expected to take 5 years.
Besides, someone mentioned in another thread that the extra buses may also be needed on routes which need more social distancing. 

The "new" schedule was supposed to start on May 18th.

• 1 month later...

One of the highest numbers of RapidBus swapouts I've seen in a while. 3 LFRs on the R5 and 2 2015 XDEs on the R1. Meanwhile, there are 3 RapidBuses on the 99, one on the 150, one on the 145 and one on the 257. I would think that they could at least take care of the R5 problem by doing a little swapping around.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zortan said:

One of the highest numbers of RapidBus swapouts I've seen in a while. 3 LFRs on the R5 and 2 2015 XDEs on the R1. Meanwhile, there are 3 RapidBuses on the 99, one on the 150, one on the 145 and one on the 257. I would think that they could at least take care of the R5 problem by doing a little swapping around.

well, that's pretty common for Burnaby's 99, 145, 257 and R5 and also Surrey's 503 and R1, sometimes they're depend on the schedule of the units, for weekend and holiday's 145, they must run one trip of R5 then transfer to 145

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...