Vancouver: T-Comm "E-Sightings"

MCW Metrobus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Citaro said:

It’s bizarre how PTC keeps taking artics... a 40-footer is far more suitable on the R3 than it is on the 99.

The R3 is new and shiny. Also, the RapidBus routes are probably given absolute first priority for artics, given how much they’re trying to build and maintain the new brand.

I raised on another thread the question of an artic shortage. I raise it again, especially with the R2 coming in April.

1 hour ago, GORDOOM said:

The R3 is new and shiny. Also, the RapidBus routes are probably given absolute first priority for artics, given how much they’re trying to build and maintain the new brand.

I raised on another thread the question of an artic shortage. I raise it again, especially with the R2 coming in April.

They’re definitely not short, or at least not yet. You’re probably right in that the R2 will change that, but the R3 has had appropriate buses every day since its inception (except for those few days it snowed). PTC definitely doesn’t need all of the artics they currently possess.

2 hours ago, Citaro said:

They’re definitely not short, or at least not yet. You’re probably right in that the R2 will change that, but the R3 has had appropriate buses every day since its inception (except for those few days it snowed). PTC definitely doesn’t need all of the artics they currently possess.

PTC needs to take the 145 on weekends

2 hours ago, Express691 said:

Here's what I'm gathering:

143 - 5 buses PM rush

145 - 9 buses PM rush

R3 - 9 buses PM rush

Total: 23 scheduled artic runs

PCT unit total: 22 XDE60, 16 D60LFR

So around 40% spare ratio (IDK what's at FOH or out for long term repair though so)

I know 18044 is out for a bit. From what I observe the R3 is fine for buses, however,,, they seem to be using XDE60s for the 143 and 145. D60LFRs slacking off again??????

2 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

Anyone know why the 007's have been 100% Diesel the past 2 days? 

RTC added 40 footers to the 049 today for the PM peak rush due the snow falling

Nanaimo Street construction from what I’ve seen

The majority of the 480s are artics which can partially explain the 40’ 49s