Vancouver: T-Comm "E-Sightings"

MCW Metrobus

• 2 weeks later...

So I saw the weirdest block on T-comm a few days ago, but I forgot to save the link to it. It was for a VTC diesel tripper in the morning: a 9 to Oak from Boundary, then NIS to UBC to do a single roundtrip of the 33 to 29th and back to UBC, and then that was it for the bus for the day. There was 45 minutes alloted for the bus to get from Broadway and Oak to UBC while NIS. Surely they could have just run it to UBC?

26 minutes ago, Stormscape said:

So I saw the weirdest block on T-comm a few days ago, but I forgot to save the link to it. It was for a VTC diesel tripper in the morning: a 9 to Oak from Boundary, then NIS to UBC to do a single roundtrip of the 33 to 29th and back to UBC, and then that was it for the bus for the day. There was 45 minutes alloted for the bus to get from Broadway and Oak to UBC while NIS. Surely they could have just run it to UBC?

That was on 9668 according to

http://tcomm.bustrainferry.com/retirement_export.txt 

Its an afternoon version though - Dont know if there is a morning version of this because that site only saves the bus' most recent block.

The trip starts at Renfrew by the way. It also does not appear on the print schedule, so my guess is that it has to be a school tripper for Van Tech (since that is the closest in proximity). Besides, there is a 9 to UBC that should be 2 minutes in front by the time that tripper arrives at Broadway.

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

That was on 9668 according to

http://tcomm.bustrainferry.com/retirement_export.txt 

Its an afternoon version though - Dont know if there is a morning version of this because that site only saves the bus' most recent block.

The trip starts at Renfrew by the way. It also does not appear on the print schedule, so my guess is that it has to be a school tripper for Van Tech (since that is the closest in proximity). Besides, there is a 9 to UBC that should be 2 minutes in front by the time that tripper arrives at Broadway.

How did you find the retirement export on tcomm?

Thanks

9 hours ago, iliketrains said:

In both cases, this looks like the usual afternoon book-out "put anything at all on the road that's even remotely roadworthy, because any bus is better than no bus". Back in the day, PM trippers would see strange things like Orion Vs on the #98.

That said, CMBC needs more artics yesterday if not sooner, for multiple reasons.

8 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

In both cases, this looks like the usual afternoon book-out "put anything at all on the road that's even remotely roadworthy, because any bus is better than no bus". Back in the day, PM trippers would see strange things like Orion Vs on the #98.

That said, CMBC needs more artics yesterday if not sooner, for multiple reasons.

Just as an aside, I spent many years driving the 98 and an Orion was worse than no bus on the 98, single door and very narrow aisle.  On the occasional time that I got one on a bus change I refused it and got a low floor that they scavenged from another route and replaced with the Orion.