Vancouver: T-Comm "E-Sightings"

MCW Metrobus

2 hours ago, Renee said:

7191 and 7192, first D40LFs on the 100 in... nearly a year?  That's the last time I rode one on it at least.  I really hope I'll get to ride one tomorrow on the 100.  Of course, an XN40 would be just as good XD  Anything that's not a Nova, really >_>

I got 7226 on it last week when it was running out of VTC. It was rather fun

I just rode 3297. What a good day. Operator said that if richmond has shortages, they can pull busses back from HTC.

39 minutes ago, Stormscape said:

D40LFs on the 123? What a beaut. I've missed those buses on the 123.

Enjoy it while it lasts. I think the 9 cummins could stay, but the rest will be gone within the next few months imo

Both the 100 and 430 aren't interlined for the most part.  A few blocks may have all 100 in the AM then for the rest of the day do other runs from 22nd STN.  Some runs will also do the opposite, 100 in the PM.  Same applies to the 430.  I think this is only for the weekday though, not sure.

My work on Monday & Tuesday is a 110 special then NIS to SFU for a 144 then a round trip on the 106 then two round trips on the 430 and a last 430 to Richmond then NIS to the depot.

My work on Thanksgiving is three round trips on the 430 then a 110 to lougheed and NIS into the depot.  

Just a few examples.

3 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

I speculate that it's just early days... IIRC the 430 was interlined with some Richmond runs, and with this giant re-shuffle they might have just kept the existing timings in place for now. Perhaps in the new year it'll be interlined with some other Hamilton runs instead.

You are correct, while at Richmond the 430 was interlined with the 404.  The Richmond terminus\layover spot was the same, Park Rd. & Buswell Eastbound.

100 is completely HEV at this time (0635), but in the afternoon 1 or 2 of those buses may switch to other routes at 22nd Stn and buses that have been doing everything else may switch to the 100 as well.  Some paddles are like that.

As for everything else, it looks to be all mixed with everything all over the place.  Curious if yesterday was a one off event of HEV running the "22nd stn hub" and the flyers running around Burnaby/New West or if that's how it could be on weekends/holidays and during the week all mixed up.

On 9/6/2016 at 6:40 AM, Brando737 said:

100 is completely HEV at this time (0635), but in the afternoon 1 or 2 of those buses may switch to other routes at 22nd Stn and buses that have been doing everything else may switch to the 100 as well.  Some paddles are like that.

As for everything else, it looks to be all mixed with everything all over the place.  Curious if yesterday was a one off event of HEV running the "22nd stn hub" and the flyers running around Burnaby/New West or if that's how it could be on weekends/holidays and during the week all mixed up.

The mix of buses is funny and enjoyable, but can you imagine the trepidation of passengers at Marpole Loop now that their boarding procedure is interrupted? 100's showing up from seemingly random directions a minute before departure on many trips makes even operators nervous about whether their bus is going to come. :)

On 9/6/2016 at 10:14 AM, brzyski said:

Apparently #480 gets much less artics on it, which is great. Besides I have higher chances to take a new XD40 at UBC. 

With this being said, I got passed up by 16104 at Agronomy Road because it was "full" (Although I think it was far from being full).

So ironic......

35 minutes ago, Brando737 said:

http://tcomm.bustrainferry.com/mobile/bus/8043

8043 is on the 41 Joyce Station right now.  Goes to do 43's after.

I've done that trip before. 15:09 out of Dunbar Loop. It's a school tripper, effectively, but you used to get 3 minutes at Joyce and then turn right around as a westbound 41 again. Every time I did that particular block, I was alright on the first trip, and then for the rest of the day I'd be running -20 to -25.