Vancouver: T-Comm "E-Sightings"

MCW Metrobus

Haven't posted on the forums, so you may as well consider me as a "new" user.

Just a question though, is it common on Next Bus to see buses that have been cancelled to accommodate passengers at a particular stop? http://nb.translink.ca/Map/Stop/52588/Route/130

Not really. If an operator goes Not In Service to skip a few stops, that won't be reflected on Next Bus/TComm.

Unfortunately the link you provided is for live route details, so I can't see what was happening at the time.

Not really. If an operator goes Not In Service to skip a few stops, that won't be reflected on Next Bus/TComm.

Unfortunately the link you provided is for live route details, so I can't see what was happening at the time.

IIRC, at the time when he posted this post, their were 1 or 2 canceled trips.

Must be trying other buses to deal with capacity issues. Still think there are passups in the AM peak at 156 Street on certain days.

Bingo. The passups are still occuring. Think they have to address PM Peak heading Eastbound. A 2 1/2 bus wait to get on a bus is unacceptable. This a very good problem as there were fears that this would route would bleed money.

Well at braid, the 555 used to share with the 791 so thats 80 feet. The 159 bay is 60 feet long.

IDK about carvolth though.

Half the bays at Carvolth are built for 60 footers. I think part of the reason is trying to maintain highway speeds going up Johnston Hill, and wondering if an packed artic can keep speeds. Trucks struggle coming off the bridge into Surrey from time to time.

Half the bays at Carvolth are built for 60 footers. I think part of the reason is trying to maintain highway speeds going up Johnston Hill, and wondering if an packed artic can keep speeds. Trucks struggle coming off the bridge into Surrey from time to time.

The 60 ft buses going to SFU maintaine 80 km per going up to SFU.

The 60 ft buses going to SFU maintaine 80 km per going up to SFU.

No they do not. Artics can maintain a speed of 30-40 km/h (a little less when fully loaded); the fastest I have heard of a bus going up the hill was apx. 50 km/h (but this was an almost empty bus at night).

I think the light at como lake/Gaglardi way is timed to slow down the buses. Only 1/8 times the NB 145 I was on powered through the intersection and gained momentum to blast up the hill. (B8110 on a sunday) It does 60-70 kph in thay section before slowing down to the grade.

The 2007 D60LFR's can do decent speed with the ISM engine. Any other artic is pretty slow and this is from riding them daily back in the day. A 2007 D60LFR has the same amount of seats as an Orion V. A lot of standees on the 555 if that is the case. Remember the D60LFR's on the 257 do some highway hill climbing at high speeds.

No they do not. Artics can maintain a speed of 30-40 km/h (a little less when fully loaded); the fastest I have heard of a bus going up the hill was apx. 50 km/h (but this was an almost empty bus at night).

So we just need to use the D60LFR and buy other 60 ft buses with ISM engine to go on the 135, 143, 145, 257 and the 555.