UpLift Vancouver

FAILs in Transit Systems

Réseau de Transport de la Capitale often botches paint jobs after removing rear wraps on 3rd and 4th gen buses. Only two or three 3rd gen LFSes still have the original livery on the rear.

Some TTC schedule fails:

-Two 80 queensway buses very close together. This is one of the routes with the worst frequencys, so this means something is wrong.

-A very large gap on the 71A yesterday. There should have been a bus at 3:07 and 3:35. Neither showed up (i watched the rte using the tracker), so i had to take 41>2>79.

Screenshot_2017-06-23-15-51-27.png

Screenshot_2017-06-22-15-08-19.png

OC Transpo bus routes are being detoured in downtown Ottawa between 06/27 and 07/04 while Wellington and Rideau streets are closed for Canada Day 150 preparations.  However, both the detour map and the text indicate that routes 4 and 11 will end at Slater and Metcalfe, while route 9 will end at Elgin and Queen and route 12 will end at Daly and Nicholas.  Normally, routes 4 and 11 end at the Rideau Centre, while on weekdays routes 9 and 12 end at Bank and Slater, which means that there is about 1 km of overlap allowing transfers among the routes.  However, for the next eight days, there will instead be a 1 km gap between the routes, meaning that anyone wishing to use the routes to cross downtown will either need to transfer twice or walk between Slater and Metcalfe and the Rideau Centre.  The STO detours are even worse, with many bus routes ending at Wellington and Bank, meaning an even longer walk to connect with routes 9 and 12.  And 06/27 to 06/30 and 07/04 are working days for many people. <_<

cda-150-map_Jun27-Jul4-2017.png

3_Detour-27au30-juin-et-2_4-juillet.jpg

Tonight I BOed (bad order) a SkyTrain for having a broken lock on the control panel cover at the front of a 300 series train.

Usually I give the compartment a little nudge. Few times I had to call it in on twitter. This is the first time they had to send the train back to the yard for the broken lock. Good thing they didnt accuse me of breaking it. Transit police was there too LOL