Chatham-Kent Transit (Intouch Connection)

Transit 20

Thanks for the links. I believe the buses to be numbered 141-144, ARBOC Spirit of Mobility units. I just looked at the website and it's much easier to read than the one that preceded it. The name is also catchy as well. I wish the best to Ken and Jarrod on this new venture.

Hi folks,

Yes we're in business now.

You are correct they are ARBOC Spirit of Mobility units. But they're actually labelled 141-146. We're rotating the buses through the 4 routes.
The photo above is actually just a Photoshop mock-up we presented to municipality before actually doing any labelling.

Below is an up to date photo taken this week of a couple of the fleet.

intouch-connection-6.jpg

Thanks for the information. Will these ARBOCs also be used for the inter-city routes as well?

There's a high possibility that they will be, or at least something similar.

Citilinx has been awarded that contract but no specific information has been given on what vehicle they will be using. I speculate whatever vehicle they end up using will be converted to run CNG.

So when do these buses start on the road? It is a very imressive fleet but why no destination signs?

Buses are already on the road. We started the contract July 2nd.

Each route is on a loop covering a different part of the city; NW, NE, SW and SE respectively, and all meet up at a centralized base terminal every half hour. This is used as a transfer point for people traveling across the city.

On the door side of the bus we use route markers indicating which bus is performing each route; 1, 2, 3 or 4.

The markers are magnetic as we rotate the buses on a daily basis.