Winnipeg Transit Battery Electric Buses

DavidW

I was in Brandon Garage on Sunday, 27 August 2017, and there were just three XE40's in the garage.  995 and 996 were parked plugged into the wall chargers, ready for operation.  997 was parked not plugged in and "red-tagged" meaning not operable.  994 was not in the garage.  I was told 994 was at New Flyer.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Observed 997 in service on route 20 today Thursday19 October 2017. It was airport bound operating north on Sherbrook from Broadway to Portage, west on Portage to Maryland and then south on Maryland. I was passing by on a 21 Portage Crestview...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

Maybe getting replaced? Does transit own the XE40s now? Or does new flyer still own them?

Yah cause I heard we get the buses or can purchase them after the 4 years are up. I think the charger is being replaced after that wind storm cause that charger being damaged would affect the electric bus going out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, trebor204 said:

2.5 buses in service today.

995 and 996.

The other bus was stalled on Academy, didn’t catch the number.

With the new schedule on the 20, there are major changes to the schedule on weekends, and during the evening during the rest of the week.

Yes they only have 3 at weeknights. And Saturday it' 4 all day instead of 5 and Sunday its 3 all day instead of 4

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, DavidW said:

Just passed by the Legislature and there was a bright green New Flyer Excelsior CHARGE parked at the front of the building. Does anybody know why it was there?

No. But I got off 995 to go see it and have a pic and i wanted to ask if I could see the inside but I was scared too. So here’s a pic47BD26B7-DA7B-4E0F-AFDD-B7BD6732E77C.thumb.jpeg.03e12fa9fe5432d476b3813b240fc92f.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2018 at 7:03 PM, DavidW said:

Just passed by the Legislature and there was a bright green New Flyer Excelsior CHARGE parked at the front of the building. Does anybody know why it was there?

TransLink (Vancouver) will bring 4 electric buses to Vancouver next year. The bus displayed in Vancouver is light blue compared to a bright green at the legislature.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/electric-battery-bus-charging-translink-1.4619147

• Like 1

Announcement from the Amalgamated Transit Union...

[The ATU] wanted to let you know that the ATU will be presenting a vision to finance electric buses using a Pay as you save model tomorrow morning at 9am, Osborne Station.

If anyone is able to make it to support we would really appreciate it.

"Tomorrow" is Thursday 19 April 2018. Event is at Osborne Station at 9am.

"Tomorrow" is Thursday 19 April 2018.  Event is at Osborne Station at 9am.

• Like 1