Where to look for a used bus?

BGCTOR

A used TTC bus is a bad bet. Once were done with them, there's not much left.

Cullingford only uses their flyer for filmshoots, so commercial inspections aren't necessary.

Their flyer bus is in a very rough shape based on the last time I saw it. It was emitting a lot of black smoke like a tender locomotive.

If you really want to buy 40 foot bus with $10 000 your option is extremly limited. You may able to get a flat nose Thomas with that budget.

Their flyer bus is in a very rough shape based on the last time I saw it. It was emitting a lot of black smoke like a tender locomotive.

If you really want to buy 40 foot bus with $10 000 your option is extremly limited. You may able to get a flat nose Thomas with that budget.

Thomas will do as well, as long as it's not a School Bus. I can also go for a 3/4 bus (30 feet long)

For ten grand you might be able to score a serviceable mc9 or a well worn 102c3. Maybe a 102d or 102dl3 with something

Major blown. Maybe even an early prevost h model.

Don't get me wrong, mc9s are great buses, and so are the 102s built in the '90s, just remember the wear and tear.

If your not big on frills, I'd shop around for an mc9. For 10 thousand, you could score one in meticulous condition. Catch is finding

It. Your best bet is on the west coast.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but London Transit has been selling off their D40i buses that have been withdrawn. I'm sure some other systems may be retiring some of their buses soon too.

I'm not sure what these go for, but I'd expect they would need to be overhauled.

Kit Kat found an ex-Guelph MCI Classic on Kajiji (http://www.kijiji.ca/v-rv-motorhome/oshawa-durham-region/1990-mci-classic-transit-bus/1002527708?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true). It currently titled as a motorhome but is offering to empty it out and you should be able to convert it back to a bus. It's located in Whitby and the asking price is $3500. Good luck!

• 3 months later...

I'm surprised nobody mentioned ebay (sometimes there are deals there) and the government surplus page (im not sure what the site is though). What ever you're looking at doing, I'm sure one of the listed options will be able to either provide you with a vehicle, point you to where you can get a vehicle, or provide you with information on financing a vehicle. There's buses out there, you just have to do some digging to find them.

You could also call one of the many dealers around (blue bird/girardin, creative coach, etc)

• 4 months later...