ikarus8737

Invero Light Rebuild Project

There seems to be a small scale Invero renewal project being undertaken at Pinecrest Garage. So far buses 4428 and 4270 have had all of their lower body panels, seats/stanchions, lower interior walls, some ceiling panels and floor coverings removed. 4428 seems to have had its lower frame sanded and coated. Anyone know anything about this program?

I assume the Inveros (or some) will have their lifecycle extended to help get through LRT construction.

If anything I hope they change the lighting to LED inside and put the same destination signs as the Orion VII's. The lighting inside the Invero's totally sucks and the destination signs on the Invero's are hard to read?

I'm not a huge fan of this model bus in terms of passenger experience however I'm glad this is happening. Backbone of the fleet. Much cheaper than buying new.

If anything I hope they change the lighting to LED inside and put the same destination signs as the Orion VII's. The lighting inside the Invero's totally sucks and the destination signs on the Invero's are hard to read?

I highly doubt any changes will be made to lighting or destination signs. I would imagine they will be put back together just as they were before.

Indeed, like last Friday I was heading to Kanata Centrum from Tunney's, and almost boarded on a 66 instead of a 96 because of the very poorly lit sign and the fact the designation between the 66 and the 96 Terry Fox is pretty close in size (Bells Corners vs Terry Fox)

I can't see seeing install an LED interior lighting, cause it's a huge requirement of extra cost! Refurb buses are technically working in and out and cleaning up!

I can't see seeing install an LED interior lighting, cause it's a huge requirement of extra cost! Refurb buses are technically working in and out and cleaning up!

Boston's MBTA is having LED interior lights installed in its Neoplan AN440LF's as part of the rebuild program on those buses, so it's not unheard of. Probably depends on how extensive the refurbishment program is.

If it's one to one replacement with same housing, it's not a problem. Because the way how Inferno design the interior lighting, almost impossible!

I am currently sitting on bus 4428. From an interior perspective, it has all new seat covers, and new floors. They either did a really good job getting rid of graffiti, or it also has new body panels. No rattles or missmatched screws either. Like a new bus.

I hope if they replace the seating arrangement that they make them have the same seating arrangements. I know 4201 to I think 42?? have a some what different seating arrangement from 42?? to the last Invero?

I hope if they replace the seating arrangement that they make them have the same seating arrangements. I know 4201 to I think 42?? have a some what different seating arrangement from 42?? to the last Invero?

The seating arrangement for 4310 to 4526 was revised so that the wheelchair position on the driver side would be more "symmetrical", and that only one sideway facing seats of three be taken up (4201 to 4309 had one forward facing seat of two and a two sideway facing seat of two taken up on the driver's side).

The best way to spot them is to check the headlights since they've installed LED headlights.

4302 and 4368 has LED headlights for a while, but I don't think they've been rebuilt.