Sign in to follow this  
BCT-3122-D800-10240

G & W Coach Line - Vancouver

I have never heard of this company before, but here is an image of G & W H3-45 #328 captured at the Columbia Icefields Centre yesterday afternoon:

Looks like you may have caught their only coach driven by their only driver...

http://www.quicktransportsolutions.com/truckingcompany/britishcolumbia/gw-coach-line-ltd-usdot-2294415.php

Couldn't match the USDOT number, maybe you can enlarge it from the original shot. Business address appears to be residential. I'm curious who this is and where the coach came from!

Do you know which travel company is chartering this bus? The letters look like Chinese to me, do you have a better image showing the front of the bus so I can determine the travel agency's name?

Do you know which travel company is chartering this bus? The letters look like Chinese to me, do you have a better image showing the front of the bus so I can determine the travel agency's name?

Sorry, I didn't pay attention to that sign. Here's another pic:

180514-7942resize.jpg

It appears to be 國泰產物保險, or Cathay Insurance. Makes me all the more curious who is behind this operation.

The website URL looks like it ends in .COM.TW, and the white text on the top black bar looks to read TAIWAN, so maybe a Taiwanese tour group?

It's interesting that the large letters say Cathay Insurance, but the Chinese letters at the bottom is a tour company and their website is www.eztour.com.tw

Could UCL have bought this coach but didn't have the legals changed yet at time of photo?

Don't think UCL purchased this coach... when I talked to the driver of the bus few weeks ago, told me they bought it out of California. It's a pretty sweet bus too! But I've never seen this coach parked at the UCL yard either. Only the J4500 #339 have I seen parked at UCL.

Spotted a new style Prevost H3-45 G & W Coach Line bus this evening heading westbound on 41st avenue (most likely coming back from a Rockies tour) being chartered by Charming Holidays. Probably farmed out unit by UCL? As well, does anyone know how many new Prevosts G & W received?

18 hours ago, Prevost said:

Spotted a new style Prevost H3-45 G & W Coach Line bus this evening heading westbound on 41st avenue (most likely coming back from a Rockies tour) being chartered by Charming Holidays. Probably farmed out unit by UCL? As well, does anyone know how many new Prevosts G & W received?

The guy sold 328 to MingDat and I saw his new bus as you described. Saw it one night going for a wash at UCL and it had faint markings of Tai Pan Tours. and also, UCL has been farming out a lot of work. Most if not all their coaches are out. I know Wescan has been getting a lot of UCL work.

20 minutes ago, translink fan said:

The guy sold 328 to MingDat and I saw his new bus as you described. Saw it one night going for a wash at UCL and it had faint markings of Tai Pan Tours. and also, UCL has been farming out a lot of work. Most if not all their coaches are out. I know Wescan has been getting a lot of UCL work.

thanks for the info!