Maritime Bus

A. Wong

• Board Admin

Apparently this company is planning to branch out in Alberta. Seems they are mainly, as appropriately named, in the maritimes right now.

http://www.maritimebus.com/en/alberta.asp

http://www.maritimebus.com/en/service-announcements.asp

Found this bus in Edmonton today, which got me looking into the company. Looks like they are starting with an Edmonton / Fort McMurray run.

IMG_3758.JPG

Post partially censored as per a recent discussion. That coach is likely from the TNG fleet, which is owned by MB's parent company. I'd heard the guy trying to start the new Ft. Mac - Edm service a few months ago was looking at leasing the TNG units from Maritime Bus. Guess Mike Cassidy & co. somehow got it for themselves now.

Edited by jc.theriault

A lot of their services offered outside the Maritimes are inter-lines with other carriers, mainly Greyhound and Orleans Express. They don't have a service facility outside of NS, NB, PEI or NL. Maritime Bus/Coach Atlantic expands their range by buying out desperate carriers at rock bottom prices.

I'm willing to bet MB jumped on the idea after the Oilsands Express idea didn't get off the ground as planned. He was in contact with the operators of Transport Nouvelle Generation who built/operate those coaches, it was mentioned in a media article.

I don't think that vehicle style will work on that route. Just look at Red Arrow passengers on the same route, some are sleeping, some are socializing but on the TNG coaches you lose seats when someone wants to use a bunk. That bus is made for team travel when everyone parties at the same time then sleeps at the same time.

Their sure is the demand for a Different type of service to Fort McMurray...however Not that Type.. A Red Arrow type just with a few more amenities and a Calgary-Red Deer-Edmonton-Fort McMurray routing...!! A coach with Wifi,leather seats,plug ins, a little bigger snack bar selection, free newspapers, fold down trays,window shades,on board entertainment system wih tv monitors at each seat..Checked Luggage! Kinda like a Airplane

Their sure is the demand for a Different type of service to Fort McMurray...however Not that Type.. A Red Arrow type just with a few more amenities and a Calgary-Red Deer-Edmonton-Fort McMurray routing...!! A coach with Wifi,leather seats,plug ins, a little bigger snack bar selection, free newspapers, fold down trays,window shades,on board entertainment system wih tv monitors at each seat..Checked Luggage! Kinda like a Airplane

Yes most people that want this kind of service would end up on a airplane and just fly Air Canada or West Jet to Fort McMurray!

Yes most people that want this kind of service would end up on a airplane and just fly Air Canada or West Jet to Fort McMurray!

Have u tried to fly to Fort McMurray lately...its almost impossible and when u can the prices are not as cheap as bus!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Board Admin

Found another TNG bus in Edmonton today, still Quebec plated. I wonder if Maritime Bus will be expanding elsewhere! Found it interesting that the text is in English on one side and French on the other.

tngbus.jpg

tngbusr.jpg

And here's the existing bus:
maritimebusa.jpg