Hele on bus Hawaii double decker schdule

sbs7207b

I don't know the schedule other than a friend of mine said that it (is there more than one?) has been on the 3:30 AM trip from Hilo to Waikoloa as that trip routinely has over 70 passengers going to work at the hotels/resorts on the other side of the island. He said he also thinks he's seen it (one) in Kona ...on the Hilo to Kona route?

Hopefully somebody can chime in on the exact routes and schedules they're on as I'm planning a trip there too sometime in the near future to look at houses.

The Enviro 500 (Hele-On only has one, # 701) is normally used on one of the runs to Kona and Kailua on the west side of the island. The morning trip leaves the downtown Hilo bus terminal at 3:50 AM. The two and a half hour trip then delivers workers to the various resorts. On most days, six buses (one Enviro plus 5 MCIs) leave downtown Hilo between 3:30 and 3:50 AM. Once all the workers have been dropped off, the buses generally lay over on the west side of the island at the Sheraton Keauhou Resort. The buses then return to Hilo by 5:30 PM, leaving the various resorts between 2:30 and 3:00 PM.

The double decker is generally only used Monday to Thursday and can usually be found at the garage on Fridays.

I was there in April 2012 and was lucky enough to photograph the bus at the garage on a Friday.