MAX BRT

Grande West Transportation

16 hours ago, RZ350 said:

Assembled, would be a better description, 95% of the parts come from China. Even the ISB engine is from the Chinese Cummins plant. The Voith Transmission is still sourced from the usual places I believe. Even the axles are now from a Chinese company.

Which makes it quite shocking that there have been no news of an e-bus variant. China is leading the way in that market and it is rather ridiculous to see that GWT is embracing low-emissions over zero-emissions. If BYD can prove itself successful, why can't a manufacturer whose parts are similarly sourced?

• Like 1

It may have to do with the fact that Diesels are selling well and have a decent reliability track record so far. They may wish to delays little while longer, perhaps 2020 before dipping themselves into the Electric market, which is still in its infancy at the moment. The sales just aren't there, yet.

Yaxing Bus company does not yet do Electric even in China, however it's rumoured that they may be be building a prototype. I guess we'll see.

Grande West Transportation has decided to sever ties with City View Bus Sales, after their stocks have plummeted sending investors/shareholders into a frenzy. They are looking at cost cutting measures to deal with this and apparently will be taking over direct sales. I am not sure if their American dealer is also affected at this time.

Not good...

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, 7520 said:

Grande West Transportation has decided to sever ties with City View Bus Sales, after their stocks have plummeted sending investors/shareholders into a frenzy. They are looking at cost cutting measures to deal with this and apparently will be taking over direct sales. I am not sure if their American dealer is also affected at this time.

Not good...

Does this mean that future orders will have their PDIs done in house as well? And what will happen if the Vicinitys need, for whatever reason, warranty work? Will City View still honour the current warranties they already have?

9 hours ago, TRENT_TRANSIT_SYSTEM said:

Can anyone translate? Are these assembly instructions or part labels?

IMG_20180817_085922.jpg

looks like an inspection sticker to me

On 8/15/2018 at 1:02 AM, Chris W said:

Does this mean that future orders will have their PDIs done in house as well? And what will happen if the Vicinitys need, for whatever reason, warranty work? Will City View still honour the current warranties they already have?

City View will have nothing to do with the warranties. It will be up to Grande West on who they would contract to do warranty work.

Not sure if any other agency is having this issue, but BC Transit's 2017 Vicinity B30A (30ft) buses are having issues with the drivers' draft door. The plastic piece at the very front comes loose over time and makes it difficult to open and close the draft door. 

I noticed Campbell River BC just removed the draft door all together.