Ex-Coast Mountain Bus Company D40LFs

Hopefully they start service soon because 7 out of 11 will be operating for BC Transit and 6 out of 10 will be in revenue service.

I'm sorry but your post made zero sense to me... :/

6 out of 11 are in service now: 9751-9753, 9755 and 9759 in revenue service and 9757 as the TFB. With 9754, 9758 and 9760 getting ready for service it only leaves 9750, 9756 and 9761 unaccounted for. According to the unit numbers there should be 12, unless either 9750 or 9761 doesn't exist.

Rode 9755 on a 28 this evening. She whistled and the transmission shift points certainly made it feel different from a BCT D40LF, but aside from that it was really no different than what we're accustomed to. The touch bars were in operation, the rear door was not strictly driver controlled...

It was my understanding that while the touch bars remain, they were not actually operational; as heard from my inquiries to my colleagues, the safety/training dept and fleet engineering. However as you know these things go through so many departments and people. Judging by what you are saying, there must have been a misunderstanding along the way. I should have waited until I had the chance to operate one post-modifications before I opened my big mouth (still haven't got one since last sheet).

Regarding differences, you can't forget the retro wood paneling!

It was my understanding that while the touch bars remain, they were not actually operational; as heard from my inquiries to my colleagues, the safety/training dept and fleet engineering. However as you know these things go through so many departments and people. Judging by what you are saying, there must have been a misunderstanding along the way. I should have waited until I had the chance to operate one post-modifications before I opened my big mouth (still haven't got one since last sheet).

Regarding differences, you can't forget the retro wood paneling!

About the mistake- personally, I believe you shouldn't have kept quiet because you had a better idea than others on the board with your contacts in bc transit

Had a look at 9752 and 9753 today. On those 2 the rear doors opening/closing are now both driver controlled with touch bars not in operation, although the note on the window remains to 'push bar to open doors.' Unfortunately this was at the depot so I wasn't able to cap it off with Noodle Box :(

To be fair, I could have easily been mistaken about the doors. But that's what I remembered having seen, on that particular bus that I rode. But as was mentioned above, with the various departments involved with these things, information can easily be distorted. Besides, half the fun of a forum like this is the [partially substantiated] rumours. (Not to be confused with unsubstatiated, undisclaimered speculation...)

• 2 weeks later...

9754 on road as of a few days ago.

9760 arrived at VTC around a week and a half ago - haven't seen it in service yet.

9750 at LTC, as far as I can tell it's not yet in service.

On Friday I noticed 9750 was in the south-side of the bodyshop next to 8092, which had a "Caution - Do Not Enter" tape plastered in front of it and a missing passenger-side windshield.

9750 had no license plate (at least on the rear) at that time.