YUL Bus Charters - 2014 Activities

SMS

What another great charter weekend! Of course the weather was significantly better on the Saturday in Cornwall but we sure appreciate your attending our 40th anniversary charter at the RTL on Sunday, especially those that came from far like Trois-Rivières and the GTA! And of course we made history by chartering our first 40 foot low floor bus in Cornwall. Unfortunately we did not get the ex-Mississauga unit originally requested, however we did enjoy our ride on the ex-Kingston Orion VI. I wish that the AC was a little stronger, but this didn't put a damper on the mood. If you liked our charter operators, don't hesitate to send a commendation to seasonal driver Lee of Cornwall Transit and Steve M. our volunteer driver here at RTL! Board member kellergraham and RTL planner Daniel Poirier also helped with the route development which closely followed the trackage of our ancestor company Montreal & Southern Counties.

Attached are the resized group shot pics, see you in the fall in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu and our double header Farewell to Classics in Longueuil! More details to follow in August... I am now taking a well deserved break from the charter game but we will be back at it soon enough!!

MUST BE!! too bad i missed both of them, it's not fine!

• 2 weeks later...

will you be offering a charter of the OC Transpo system? i would love to try and go on that charter

I'm not speaking for SMS but I'm sure he'll agree that there's nothing of interest left in Ottawa to charter. All the good buses have long been since retired and chartered in the passed, like the D40 and GM Classic. I can assure you that nobody will attend a Invero, D60LFR or Orion VII charter in Ottawa. Plus chartering old buses that are special or unique is what YUL charters is about and there's none of that left in OC Transpo's fleet.

I'm not speaking for SMS but I'm sure he'll agree that there's nothing of interest left in Ottawa to charter. All the good buses have long been since retired and chartered in the passed, like the D40 and GM Classic. I can assure you that nobody will attend a Invero, D60LFR or Orion VII charter in Ottawa. Plus chartering old buses that are special or unique is what YUL charters is about and there's none of that left in OC Transpo's fleet.

can't agree no more..............what's good for charter in OC Transpo to be frank?

the only bus that i wanna have a charter on instead is one of the two remaining D60LF of Mississauga Transit--#0152 and 0154, they are the only two D60LF remaining in the fleet and would be great to photo them with the XD60, D60LFR in the fleet...............just saying~~

can't agree no more..............what's good for charter in OC Transpo to be frank?

the only bus that i wanna have a charter on instead is one of the two remaining D60LF of Mississauga Transit--#0152 and 0154, they are the only two D60LF remaining in the fleet and would be great to photo them with the XD60, D60LFR in the fleet...............just saying~~

OC is nothing now, absolutely nothing.....

We are going off subject that YUL won't touch, let someone else do that charter in Toronto area!

OC is nothing now, absolutely nothing.....

We are going off subject that YUL won't touch, let someone else do that charter in Toronto area!

i am very sure many people including myself will assist YUL to do the charter planning and stuff if they are deciding to charter a MiWay bus~~

i am very sure many people including myself will assist YUL to do the charter planning and stuff if they are deciding to charter a MiWay bus~~

Nope, again that's someone else do this charter. Did you forget "Wheels of Peel" that's still exist today?

There are plenty of busfan charter organizations in the GTA that can do a MiWay charter, so YUL as the name stands for is Greater Montreal / Quebec based only charters (with the exception of Cornwall).

My thoughts exactly - but there are tons of Classics left for us to charter yet across the river at STO in Gatineau, QC. I am well known at the STO and I intend to continue chartering from them once every two years or thereabouts.

My sphere of influence in the Greater Montreal Area (hence the YUL title)... with so many qualified persons already organizing in the Greater Toronto Area, it would not be correct to infringe on their turf at this time. I may seek a partnership with an established GTA association next year, just as I have served as consultant in the past for Montreal charters. I can pretty much promise you that the only organization that I'm interested in chartering from in the 613 area code is Cornwall Transit.

• 4 weeks later...

I should be in a position to confirm all details in a week's time, but I can announce the following activities:

CIT TRIPPER 2014: Saturday 27 September 2014 featuring a Ville de Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu high floor transit bus (to be determined - preference will be given to the RTS model). We have asked for 1998 Nova Bus RTS 3347-25-8 in priority. If this is unavailable, our backup vehicles are 2003 Dupont Victoria 3446-25-3 or 2452-25-3.
Proposed Confirmed hours: 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, with extra time at the Transdev Veolia yard for photos.
Start/end location: Terminus Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, 700 rue Boucher, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC J3B 7Z8
Free parking. If you are taking transit, board the 96L (local) from TCV at 11:35 am or Terminus Panama at 11:52 am - arrival at Terminus St-Jean at 12:40 pm. Note that since OPUS is not part of the fare system, one must pay exact fare upon boarding in Montreal or Brossard. One-way adult fare is $9.50 or $7.70 respectively. Please consult their website for further details.

With the help of the local transit director Luc Côté, this should be a great charter.

FAREWELL TO THE RTL CLASSICS DOUBLEHEADER CHARTER: Sunday 28 September 2014 featuring a rollsign equipped 1989 MCI Classic (9-001 or 9-031) and a Hector Balios equipped 1994 or 1996 Nova Classic (9-405, 9-407, 9-408, 9-412, 9-418, 9-520, or 9-524).
Please note that if 9-001 and 9-031 is unavailable, we will substitute in favour of a 9-400 or 9-500 series vehicle.
Proposed Confirmed hours: 10:45 am to 1:45 pm, with extra time at the garage for photos.
Start/end location: Garage Saint-Hubert adjacent to Garage 1 (visitors parking), 5120 boulevard Grande-Allée, St-Hubert QC J3Y 1A1
Please park in designated "visiteurs" spaces. If you are taking transit, bus routes 5, 21, or 50 are the best options. According to a recent press release, transit will exceptionally be free on this day!

There will be no assigned seating, board whichever vehicle that you please.

Thanks to our volunteer operators tristan and stm_5307N, the send off to our Classics will be one never before seen. I am planning photo stops that we have never been to - or at least stops that we have not been to in years.

Proposed Confirmed costs: $35 each charter - $60 weekend pass if you attend both
Thank you for your patience, there are simply not enough hours in the day anymore!!

Edited by SMS
Confirmation of the information

btw is the charter on Sat Sep 27 and Sun Sep 28, or FRI Sep 26 and SAT Sep 27? It seems that there are some mistakes on the dates as posted above, thank you~~

If I can get the time off for Friday since you wanna go early I will go with you. Let you know ASAP

if the charter is on sat and Sun, we will still leave on Friday morning, then back Sunday night OR might skip Sunday's RTL charter............we will see~~

btw is the charter on Sat Sep 27 and Sun Sep 28, or FRI Sep 26 and SAT Sep 27? It seems that there are some mistakes on the dates as posted above, thank you~~

if the charter is on sat and Sun, we will still leave on Friday morning, then back Sunday night OR might skip Sunday's RTL charter............we will see~~

Saturday's Charter it is then

Many apologies for the errors above - the dates are Sat 27 Sept in St-Jean and Sun 28 Sept in Longueuil. I have amended the original post.

The St-Jean yard visit is not set in stone, we are working very hard to make it happen.

Please contact me yulbuscharters -at- gmail dot com to indicate your attendance.

I will have to take the 1230AM saturday morning Megabus leaving Toronto as I can not get the friday off and come back with you then on the Saturday after the charter.