YUL Bus Charters - 2014 Activities

SMS

Can you believe that YUL Bus Charters is now in our ninth year of operation?

After many successful activities last year, we continue to pursue our mandate in offering quality charters that you have come to expect from Montreal's premier bus enthusiast group.

Following months of negotiation, we are proud to announce the following activities...

YUL BUS CHARTER WEEKEND 2014

Saturday 3 May 2014 - Farewell to Société de transport de Laval Classics Charter

We are proposing a MCI or Nova Classic charter featuring photostops in historic areas of Ile Jesus.

The charter will begin and end at Garage STL, 2250, avenue Francis-Hughes, Laval (Québec) H7S 2C3

Proposed time: 1:30 to 4:30 pm. Final time 12 noon to 4 pm

If enough interest is shown, we will extend the duration to four hours, ending at 5:30 pm.

Parking available on premises; this charter coincides with timely departure and arrival times of STL route 37.

Sunday 4 May 2014 - GM New Look 7901 Charter

The charter will begin and end at Garage STO, 111 Jean-Proulx, Gatineau, Quebec J8Z 1T4

We are planning a charter to Buckingham, and will feature mileage on the new Rapibus right of way.

In the event that 7901 is unavailable, we will favour the charter of a MCI Classic.

Proposed time: 12:30 to 4:30 pm. Final time 1 pm to 5 pm

If enough interest is shown, we will extend the duration to five hours, ending at 5:30 pm.

Parking available on premises.

Details, pricing to follow in the upcoming weeks. A weekend pass price will be offered to promote attendance of both charters.

SUMMER 2014 CHARTER

Saturday 12 July 2014 - 40th anniversary of the Réseau de transport de Longueuil Classic Charter

Details to follow in May 2014.

My charter website will no longer be updated due to work and other priorities. For the foreseeable future, all charter news will be conducted via the CPTDB!

I hope that some of you are interested, so please bookmark your calendars. More details will follow in the forthcoming weeks and months, so please pay attention to this thread. All e-mails of interest, questions, comments, and complaints should be sent to yulbuscharters[at]gmail[.]com. PMs on the board concerning the charters are to be avoided.

Thank you and hope to see you in great numbers!

Edited by SMS
Updates 30/04/2014

anyone who wanna go from Toronto for the charter, let me know as i have seats available for carpool~~ PM me if interested~~ thx

Guess you have just room for one then remember Brian will come

For those driving to Ottawa for the Sto Charter . The CN Cycle for Cheo is being held on the same day. There will be some Roads/ Bridges that will be closed/reduced lanes in Downtown Ottawa/Hull. Here is the list of the affected Roads/Bridges

So other words better to try and find a hotel closer to the garage

For those driving to Ottawa for the Sto Charter . The CN Cycle for Cheo is being held on the same day. There will be some Roads/ Bridges that will be closed/reduced lanes in Downtown Ottawa/Hull. Here is the list of the affected Roads/Bridges

Thanks for this, however since this is principally an afternoon charter, we should not be affected.

• 3 weeks later...

Update! Thanks for your patience, friends!

STL Charter

I am favouring a 1992 MCI Classic in the 6200 series. In the STL Classic Watch thread, I have noted the remaining active Classics. Taking into account that we have already chartered from the 6100 series in 2011, we must turn to other series. With MCI Classics becoming a rarer sight, we are taking advantage of their availability. 6203, 6211, and 6213 are the contenders that we are seriously looking at.

With the help of local transit enthusiast and CIT expert kellergraham, this should be an excellent fan trip. We did some riding around yesterday (including on a first gen! Yes, first gens are out on weekends in Laval!!), and we have scouted historic/significant/photogenic locations, with emphasis on where we have not been in previous charters. Using a 1983 CTL map as a base for the charter planning, we are attempting to route our fan trip in areas served by transit vehicles for decades. Do not expect to see new subdivisions or McMansions on this charter!

Subject to confirmation, the charter will be held from noon to 4 pm. I know that the 37 arrives from Métro Cartier at 12:05 pm but I cannot hold for it. If you are arriving by transit, you should plan to arrive earlier.

STO Charter

On Friday, a friend and I made the trek to Gatineau where we observed and rode the new Rapibus network. Sadly 7901 was not out for the day but we are hopeful that it will be made available for us. STO has been extremely accommodating to our previous requests and I do hope that this trend will continue. Failing this, a Classic should be made available for us. I have noted certain Rapibus stations that will serve us well for photo stops (we will obviously not stop at all of them).

For the photo stops on the Rapibus network it is crucial to be safe and avoid disrupting traffic in the busway.

At present the charter will at least last three hours but may extend to four hours if participation is high enough. The times remain to be confirmed.

Contact

In order to price the charter weekend appropriately, you must contact me and indicate your attendance (not simply interest in attending) at yulbuscharters[at]gmail[.]com. Whereas I do not wish to overcharge people, I am also obviously not interested in taking a loss. Your assistance is beneficial in assuring a fair and equitable cost for everyone! Thank you!!

For the record, I am looking at the weekend pass rate of $50 or $30 for one charter that I have offered for a few years now, but this is contingent on reasonable charter rates and above average attendance.

The start times and finish times remain to be confirmed. You can count on at least one washroom break per fan trip, but it would be wise for attendees to plan ahead and have a meal prior to the charters.

Next update: by or before Tuesday 22 April.

STL charter update!

On Thursday, I went to the STL garage to inspect the three remaining 1992 MCI Classics... I have requested 6203 as the main vehicle with 6211 and 6213 as backup buses. Having driven the charter routing and verified the sun angles, the fan trip will most definitely take place between 12:00 noon and 4:00 pm. You must arrive at STL Garage no later than 11:45 as the objective is to leave at noon sharp. Our first photo stop is time sensitive, which is why we cannot delay. Your cooperation is appreciated, thank you! Our routing is subject to confirmation by the STL managers but I have complete confidence that you will enjoy the choices made. The sun angles are perfect if not very close to being so.

At this point, I will nail down the charter costs. I am confident enough to price the charter weekend cost at the usual rate that it has been for years... $30 if you attend one and $50 if you attend both.

STO charter update!

We will begin the charter at 1 pm to end at 5 pm. Please note the modified time! There will not be any lunch stop; there is one planned washroom break though.

The STO has promised us 7901, no other backup bus has been planned!

Once again, if you are planning on attending, you must contact me and indicate your attendance (not simply interest in attending) at yulbuscharters[at]gmail[.]com.

STO charter update!

We will begin the charter at 1 pm to end at 5 pm. Please note the modified time! There will not be any lunch stop; there is one planned washroom break though.

The STO has promised us 7901, no other backup bus has been planned!

Once again, if you are planning on attending, you must contact me and indicate your attendance (not simply interest in attending) at yulbuscharters[at]gmail[.]com.

sweet, can't wait for the charter to come, hopefully the weather is working out for us that day~~

At this point registration is closed!

Any questions from this point should be directed to the charter e-mail listed above... thanks for your support guys!!

I'm sure you guys are dying to see the group pics, well here they are! Enjoy!

Thanks to everyone for your support and see you soon!

Big time enjoying the weekend charters, thx SMS for organizing and great charter routings, although the weather is not the best but it's fineeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Thx again!