Sign in to follow this  
Matt Dunlop

Question (Regarding Victoria)

I try to make it back home at least once a year. I was born and raised in Victoria, Moved to Alberta in 2007, but my mom and brother and most other family members live there.

I live in Victoria, but I think of myself as a passive transit enthusiast, not an active one. For example, I always note the fleet number of any bus I ride to work or school, and I post any observations I make (or text Chris and promptly forget about them). I also sometimes find myself at BMT for work related reasons...

However, I don't make a point of chasing down a specific fleet number just because it's special, nor will I make a special trip down to the yard, however, if I'm already down there, I'll swing by to see what's going on... I also don't know any of the other people on the board (except Chris as I mentioned), although sidney transit fan comes into my work periodically looking for stuff for his 84 Nissan pickup.

I live in Victoria, but I think of myself as a passive transit enthusiast, not an active one. For example, I always note the fleet number of any bus I ride to work or school, and I post any observations I make (or text Chris and promptly forget about them). I also sometimes find myself at BMT for work related reasons...

However, I don't make a point of chasing down a specific fleet number just because it's special, nor will I make a special trip down to the yard, however, if I'm already down there, I'll swing by to see what's going on... I also don't know any of the other people on the board (except Chris as I mentioned), although sidney transit fan comes into my work periodically looking for stuff for his 84 Nissan pickup.

+1 for me too. Work has taken its' toll on what I can accomplish. I might occasionally go out for a ride if I feel like I need to escape for a bit, but yeah. I've tried catching 7132 along with 8016 and 9527, but every time I try they're either not out, or I'm going the wrong way and pass one of them en-route.

Vacation time is a different matter, I've made a note of taking a few trips since I started working at Safeway last year. On my trips I try to make transit-fanning my priority, though other things might also appeal to me on said trips. ;)

I live in Victoria, but for-the-most-part I've taken my transit-fanning hobby out of the region just to get that excitement chasing stuff I've never seen before. I certainly do want to get video of 8016 and 7132 before they both disappear though.

I'm in West Shore, and have a passive interest as well; I'm more interested in the network than the individual buses per say. I also don't photograph but do note the buses I am on casually.