Sign in to follow this  
SMS

[YUL Bus Charters] Poll for 2014 Activites

Really guys, I am trying hard to offer great charters this year but a lot of obstacles are being thrown our way. The STL claims not to offer charter services anymore unless you are directly affiliated with the City of Laval.

That seems unfair and a very hurting business prospective on their end. Say this was true, can it be a resident of Laval that can charter the bus? Or do you really mean an employee who works for the city of Laval? :(

As for Jay's suggestion, sorry man theres nothing of interest in either city. I have suggested earlier possible to charter one of ex-STO's 95s that St. Levis just got if we are running out of ideas.

That seems unfair and a very hurting business prospective on their end. Say this was true, can it be a resident of Laval that can charter the bus? Or do you really mean an employee who works for the city of Laval? :(

As for Jay's suggestion, sorry man theres nothing of interest in either city. I have suggested earlier possible to charter one of ex-STO's 95s that St. Levis just got if we are running out of ideas.

ex-STO's 95s in Levis seems to be an excellent idea!

Quebec City charters for next year guys! I will try to work something with the BHA convention there next year. If they will not do a charter directly with the STLevis, I can look into it myself!

But it is 440 km from Levis to Gatineau. Pretty tough for a charter weekend. Please be patient!! :)

Quebec City charters for next year guys! I will try to work something with the BHA convention there next year. If they will not do a charter directly with the STLevis, I can look into it myself!

But it is 440 km from Levis to Gatineau. Pretty tough for a charter weekend. Please be patient!! :)

If your gonna do a STO charter why not do a 2 day STO charter, one day a Classic the other day the 7901 charter? 2015 for Quebec City and BHA your gonna be the man again and do a good repeat of last years RTL charter you had for the Montreal BHA that was pretty good! You always pull a good bag of tricks out at the last minute. Im looking forward to Quebec City for 2015!

If your gonna do a STO charter why not do a 2 day STO charter, one day a Classic the other day the 7901 charter? 2015 for Quebec City and BHA your gonna be the man again and do a good repeat of last years RTL charter you had for the Montreal BHA that was pretty good! You always pull a good bag of tricks out at the last minute. Im looking forward to Quebec City for 2015!

I can't agree anymore

or how about 4 hour on 7901, 4 hour on a Classic with STO?

would be lovely to have a photo opportunity of 7901 with OC's new double decker............and 7901 posted in front of the Parliament Hill would be awesome

An eight-hour long charter with the STO will cost $1120 plus applicable taxes. Somehow I do not think that this is a feasible idea at present. I would also prefer not to charter the same vehicle twice if I can help it. We already missed the RTS era with them, I will not let the Classics slip by us.

The decision for what activities will be chosen will be decided by mid-March. I have already gotten the ball rolling with Laval for a charter, which is still subject to their approval.

Yup I should have an answer for you guys by Thursday 13 March, thanks for your patience and support guys!!

Looks like will be able to participate in this years festivities! Im down for a STO classic or 7901.if a second property is hard to decide, i suggest doing a Cornwall V since a diesel V charter hasnt been done.

The decision for what activities will be chosen will be decided by mid-March. I have already gotten the ball rolling with Laval for a charter, which is still subject to their approval.

I have booked my work for the spring and I can officially confirm that there will be charters for the first weekend of May, as I will have the weekend off.

I am scrapping the STM first gen idea, our request to visit new Stinson division has been politely denied, and it seems that the majority of you fellas are not interested in the bus, which is understandable.

Please give me a week to communicate with other transit authorities, I will have updates shortly.

I have booked my work for the spring and I can officially confirm that there will be charters for the first weekend of May, as I will have the weekend off.

I am scrapping the STM first gen idea, our request to visit new Stinson division has been politely denied, and it seems that the majority of you fellas are not interested in the bus, which is understandable.

Please give me a week to communicate with other transit authorities, I will have updates shortly.

STM..... goodbye business charter for good!

Whatever the charter falls, I'll be definitely be there!

Not so much a opinion but since it's fairly certain there will be an STO charter, one photo stop I would like to suggest in Gatineau would be the Champlain Lookout in Gatineau Park. I am not certain how the sun angle would work, but it would be something worth investigating. It's a nice drive to get up there, and even nicer once you're there:

https://www.google.c...NuyXA!2e0?hl=en

I am not sure how bad parking will be there at the time since it will be spring (hopefully) by the time May rolls around, and it is a weekend. However if that parking situation is bad, the Huron Lookout is not that far away, and I find the parking situation there is pretty decent compared to the Champlain. However there is lots of trees there that would create a possible shadow on the bus:

https://www.google.c...FSBOQ!2e0?hl=en

Also buses are ALLOWED up here, as at the Champlain lookout there is bus parking, but it's not in a good "photo-worthy" spot. Another added bonus is that if it is a busy weekend up there, then we may see lots of old classic cars, since people from Ottawa and Gatineau love to take their historical vehicles up there on the weekend for a nice drive.

Just throwing the suggestion out there, since it's not that far of a drive from the city. BTW you can see Downtown Ottawa from the Huron Lookout.

We'll also be near Meech Lake which is another very scenic location, however I am going to refrain from suggesting it as a photo spot since the road that runs beside the lake is very narrow and has lots of sharp curves. Plus a lot of it lacks guardrails, so I don't really feel comfortable suggesting it, but it's a very beautiful lake. However I figured it's worth mentioning anyway, as this is the type of scenery we'll see, but minus the snow:

551145_10152725627660290_1463788113_n.jpg

Random fact: Meech Lake is a 15 minute car drive from Parliament Hill. I've timed it without speeding.

The only risk is that the roads leading to the Champlain and Huron Lookouts are summer-only roads, and aren't plowed in the winter. They will only open them once all the snow has melted off of them, and given that this seems to be a never-ending winter, there is a chance that they might not be open by the time May rolls around. However the road going to Meech Lake is open year-round, so this is not a risk with that location.

I will still be attending regardless, but I just figured I'd mention some of the hidden beauty of the National Capital Region that is often overlooked by people who are not from Ottawa. I will not be upset if you decide not to use any of these. But these are such a short drive from Downtown Ottawa that they wouldn't take much time, plus it helps that they are on the Gatineau side of the river.

Time for a new poll!

As mentioned earlier elsewhere, the Réseau de transport de Longueuil (RTL) is celebrating their 40th anniversary this year!! Our ancestor company, the CTRSM was formed on 1 July 1974. We at YUL Bus Charters wish to commemorate this important event with a historic charter.

At present, I am favouring the weekend of Saturday 5 July and Sunday 6 July 2014. This is all subject to confirmation as I have not yet booked my summer work.

I am ready to offer the following opportunities:

• Cornwall Orion charter on Saturday; RTL on Sunday
  • STO charter on Saturday (similar routing as the GM, except this time with a Classic); RTL on Sunday
  • or, quite simply, RTL on Saturday

Please indicate your opinion if you are interested in attending, many thanks in advance!

Time for a new poll!

As mentioned earlier elsewhere, the Réseau de transport de Longueuil (RTL) is celebrating their 40th anniversary this year!! Our ancestor company, the CTRSM was formed on 1 July 1974. We at YUL Bus Charters wish to commemorate this important event with a historic charter.

At present, I am favouring the weekend of Saturday 5 July and Sunday 6 July 2014. This is all subject to confirmation as I have not yet booked my summer work.

I am ready to offer the following opportunities:

• Cornwall Orion charter on Saturday; RTL on Sunday
  • STO charter on Saturday (similar routing as the GM, except this time with a Classic); RTL on Sunday
  • or, quite simply, RTL on Saturday

Please indicate your opinion if you are interested in attending, many thanks in advance!

I would love to go for Cornwall charter but only if you can do two buses, let's say 2 hours on an Orion V, and 2 hours on an Orion VI(maybe another two hour on an Orion II if going for a 6 hour charter? lol)

--or maybe 2 hours on 8558, and 2 hours on the "newest" used Orion VI 9882?

--or 2 hours on one of ex-Kingston Orion VI, 2 hours on one of ex-Mississauga's Orion VI?

if Cornwall can program "KINGSTON" sign on one of the ex-Kingston Orion VI and "MISSISSAUGA" sign on one of the ex-Mississauga's Orion VI for us that would be perfect!!!!!

just a few kybosh suggestion~~

I'm open to switching buses midway (we have already done this in 2010: 8558 and 9752 on the same day). I would not favour chartering 8558 when there are other interesting buses available. I would likely favour one of the two Orion Vs.

Looks like the STO Classic option is unpopular, we will revisit this idea next year.

The date is not set in stone, I book my summer work next Monday and there is a chance that I may push back all charters to the fall.

I'm open to switching buses midway (we have already done this in 2010: 8558 and 9752 on the same day). I would not favour chartering 8558 when there are other interesting buses available. I would likely favour one of the two Orion Vs.

Looks like the STO Classic option is unpopular, we will revisit this idea next year.

The date is not set in stone, I book my summer work next Monday and there is a chance that I may push back all charters to the fall.

That's great, are you looking at doing a 4 hour charter or 6 hour charter? If 6 hour charter, can we do an Orion V for 2 hours, ex-Kingston Orion VI for 2 hours and then rest of 2 hours on ex-MIssissauga's Orion VI? Since Cornwall is not big at all so 2 hours on each bus is good enough for a few photostop then change off, also we can do the garage shots DURING changeoff at garage which is a win-win as well (or let people off at a mall for lunch during changeoff IF people want lunch break(i don't need one) then go back and pick them up after, to save some time for more photostops!

Orion V with ex-Kingston Orion VI with ex-Mississauga's Orion VI in one SHOT would be SWEET!!!!!

2 hrs + 2 hrs is fair. Cornwall is indeed small, but we don't need to be returning to the same street corners every 45 mins! Don't worry Cimon my friend! We will return many more times to this great transit property who likes and respects us (unlike others in these parts).

2 hrs + 2 hrs is fair. Cornwall is indeed small, but we don't need to be returning to the same street corners every 45 mins! Don't worry Cimon my friend! We will return many more times to this great transit property who likes and respects us (unlike others in these parts).

i agree, maybe we can do the photostop on certain routes on the first bus, then another set of routes on the other bus, doesn't have to go back the same place again.

would you consider a 5 hour charter(2.5 and 2.5 hour split)? People coming from Toronto or even further would probably appreciate another hour since they are coming far, just some thoughts~~