[YUL Bus Charters] Poll for 2014 Activites

SMS

Hello everybody,

It is already time to start discussing our bus charters for the spring. Please indicate your choices below. Your input will help in the planning of our 2014 charter weekend. In lieu of the typical polls that we have done in the past, I am asking everyone to write out their opinion. Your cooperation is appreciated. We can also have a discussion as well. Thank you!

This year's choices shall be:

• Société de transport de Laval (STL) Classic charter
  • Société de transport de Montréal (STM) first gen charter
  • Société de transport de l'Outaouais (STO) Classic charter

If Laval is chosen, we will favour a 6200 or a 6400 as we have not chartered from this series yet.

I know that first gens are not popular, however they are the oldest vehicles in the STM bus fleet and deserve some form of sendoff. I have also asked for a guided tour of the newest division, Stinson, if this charter gets the green light.

As for the STO, pretty much any working Classic will be chosen and we will feature mileage on the new Rapibusway.

Projected YUL Bus Charter 2014 Weekend: Saturday 3 May and Sunday 4 May 2014. Further details shall be unveiled in the upcoming weeks.

Furthermore, since 2014 marks the 40th anniversary of the Réseau de transport de Longueuil, we are endeavouring to host a fan trip to commemorate this event. Saturday July 12th has been marked down as potential date for this charter. The corporate calendar officially marks Monday July 7th as the anniversary, but the CTRSM officially began service on July 1st 1974, so there is clearly some confusion. The details of this charter will be worked out following the charter weekend.

I would also like to add that no one will be turned away from this year's charters. Anyone that is willing to join us is welcome, regardless of age or whichever discussion board they belong to.

It's a hard choice to make. I like Laval, and STO. I'd pick STM mainly because there would be a possibility of visiting Stinson. Kinda hard to make a clear cut choice, lol.

I'd be attending on the Saturday for the charter weekend, if that's okay, my Sundays are booked till late June.

The STO Classic charter is a good idea. It would be nice to take it on the rapibusway.

As much as I dislike first gen Novas, for the sake of history a final charter should be done. There are plenty of areas in Montreal where the first gens have not operated for some time. Also, the garage tour would be interesting as well.

I would personally love the STO and STL Classic charter over the first gen STM charter. And remember, the STM gave us BS over the "no radio no bus" crap.

The STM doesn't accept a certain model or series of bus to be chartered anymore, so I don't know how a 1st gen charter would happen anyways.

Really guys, I am trying hard to offer great charters this year but a lot of obstacles are being thrown our way. The STL claims not to offer charter services anymore unless you are directly affiliated with the City of Laval. As for the STM, I will appeal to the historic nature of the first gens in order to get one of these vehicles chartered specifically, but there are no guarantees that they will acquiesce. I am asking all contacts that I have made in the industry over the years for favours, but it appears that the only company that we can charter for sure from is the STO. For the first time since 2007, I may only offer one day of charters instead of the entire weekend. This is what it has come down to.

As for the BYD or DesignLine, these ideas are non starters. Also I am not going to allow the use of the YUL Bus Charters brand to embarrass and humiliate transit companies, as unreliable as some of their vehicles may be. This is not the way to gain friends in the industry so if you would like to see me continue to offer quality charters in the future, maybe your requests can be a little more reasonable and thoughtful? I am still pursuing the STL and STM ideas, but if these ideas don't come about, any other ideas for an alternate charter would be refreshing and most welcome !!