Jump to content
TTCNLFBT

TTC Nova Bus Delivery & Service Tracking

Recommended Posts

Let's hope this will be the TTC's last batch of clean diesels before they are ready to go electric (hybrid or all-electric), just like STM.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Transit geek said:

Let's hope this will be the TTC's last batch of clean diesels before they are ready to go electric (hybrid or all-electric), just like STM.

Let’s hope you’re not eating your words in 2 years time.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ontario_Transit said:

What's the fleet number for the 325 buses?

9300-9624 maybe? Idk really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Transit geek said:

Let's hope this will be the TTC's last batch of clean diesels before they are ready to go electric (hybrid or all-electric), just like STM.

The TTC's bus procurements right now does have this year as the last order of clean diesel buses then they are ordering just 2nd generation hybrid electric buses and battery electric buses. However, things can change so just hold your seat for a little bit longer before we just assume that this is indeed the case going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TechnicaProductions said:

Why would they use the 7000s when there's still plenty of room in the 9000s?

Because it’s just an arbitrary series of numbers any you're all wayyy overthinking this.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“That which we call a rose by any other word would smell as sweet”.

-William Shakespeare.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 325 buses will most likely have the fleet range of 9240-9564 or 9300-9624. After the 9000 series are all used up, the TTC will most likely start using the 2000 series again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Shemar said:

The 325 buses will most likely have the fleet range of 9240-9564 or 9300-9624. After the 9000 series are all used up, the TTC will most likely start using the 2000 series again.

Why 2000s? That was fishbowl territory and they were iconic one of a kind buses so the TTC should avoid reusing those numbers. It's just like in sports a remarkable player will have his number retired to the rafters so it should be the same scenario here. 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Genius101 said:

Why 2000s? That was fishbowl territory and they were iconic one of a kind buses so the TTC should avoid reusing those numbers. It's just like in sports a remarkable player will have his number retired to the rafters so it should be the same scenario here. 

Well, you never know because it's like how the PCC streetcars were iconic and two of them are still being maintained and used for service in the summer units 4500 and 4549. However, the TTC ordered Flexity streetcars and they are using the fleet range of 4400-4603. I don't see how the fishbowls are any different. The fleet numbers are not active anymore and should be able to be used sometime in the future. Plus, the fishbowls also used to use the 8000 series and those ones are being reused right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares! We'll know the number of the first bus this week. All this speculation is pointless.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually sometimes speculation can be a good thing. It might be pointless at the end but it gets people's minds going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

Who cares! We'll know the number of the first bus this week. All this speculation is pointless.

I agree with that. It's just clogging up the board.

10 minutes ago, Shemar said:

Actually sometimes speculation can be a good thing. It might be pointless at the end but it gets people's minds going.

It is somewhat fun to see what people think, but it doesn't change the fact that it's basically pointless.

As @PCC Guy stated, we will know the fleet number of the first bus this week.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright people! No more speculating fleet numbers! If we were to continue like this, this thread would have to be called the speculation thread where all rumours and inaccurate information is posted sending a bad message to other people on this board that read this thread. When the first unit is reported as delivered to Birchmount this week that will confirm the fleet range for this set of buses and let's just leave it at that.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Genius101 said:

Why 2000s? That was fishbowl territory and they were iconic one of a kind buses so the TTC should avoid reusing those numbers. It's just like in sports a remarkable player will have his number retired to the rafters so it should be the same scenario here. 

Your post contradicts your choice of username.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a brand new demo with white livery bus from Nova that passed by when I drove on 401 at Bayview avenue this afternoon around 5:20 pm. It could be going to Hamilton or Mississuaga.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sutharsan said:

I saw a brand new demo with white livery bus from Nova that passed by when I drove on 401 at Bayview avenue this afternoon around 5:20 pm. It could be going to Hamilton or Mississuaga.

Was it a hybrid or diesel?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...