Jump to content
TTCNLFBT

TTC Nova Bus Delivery & Service Tracking

Recommended Posts

So far, all 213 buses will be delivered to Arrow by years end? 

Come to think of it, with the gradual retirements of the Flyer D40LF buses and the delays of the new streetcar deliveries, could Arrow and/or Queensway get a fair share of the LFS? None of the garages (even the temporary garage) in the system would receive these yet. 

Some of the hybrids are also retiring next year as well. I wonder if the TTC could place an RFP by then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember fleet plan change every year, so the hybrids retiring next year may or may not happen. A good example of that is the 2016 Novas coming in earlier and flyers retiring earlier than planned. There's talk of more money coming in from the fedreal government to TTC, so I won't be surprised if TTC waits for that before going ahead with any RFP for buses. TTC is still in a contract with Nova until next year with TTC having the option of going with another manufacturer during that time frame.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

Remember fleet plan change every year, so the hybrids retiring next year may or may not happen. A good example of that is the 2016 Novas coming in earlier and flyers retiring earlier than planned. There's talk of more money coming in from the fedreal government to TTC, so I won't be surprised if TTC waits for that before going ahead with any RFP for buses. TTC is still in a contract with Nova until next year with TTC having the option of going with another manufacturer during that time frame.

I am hoping if TTC gets New Flyers by coming years, if not, then why not go with Vanhool model? It is very interesting to see the different types of buses in TTC bus system.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

interesting for us but cost more to store and purchase parts and not to mention to train operaters and mechanics.  Van Hool parts takes forever to come from what I heard.  That may be the reason why Viva changed from Van Hool to Nova.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The report said only two manufactures that meet TTC basic requirements are Nova and NFI. Canadian content and labour involved.

And if its true that NYC is having problems with Nova, I wonder what exactly those problems are and if TTC is having the same problem. For all we know TTC said there are ongoing discussions with NFI to address why they weren't successful and what could be done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2016 at 8:39 PM, FlyerD901 said:

The report said only two manufactures that meet TTC basic requirements are Nova and NFI. Canadian content and labour involved.

And if its true that NYC is having problems with Nova, I wonder what exactly those problems are and if TTC is having the same problem. For all we know TTC said there are ongoing discussions with NFI to address why they weren't successful and what could be done. 

Yes NYC is not happy with the quality of some of the bus builds. More problems then they had with New Flyer.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheAverageJoe said:

Yes NYC is not happy with the quality of some of the bus builds. More problems then they had with New Flyer.

 

 

Are the problems with the LFSA or the 40ft, or both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 10, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Shaun said:

Did they resolve the issue with the Articulated bus harness?

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Saw 8554 as a training bus today and 8556 was in service on 36.

Everything up to 8556 has been in service for almost a week now. Didn't notice any new buses at Arrow when I past by today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Everything up to 8556 has been in service for almost a week now. Didn't notice any new buses at Arrow when I past by today.

47 here, um... 61 to go? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...