TTC Nova Bus Delivery & Service Tracking

Any notice of how many 40' NOVAs will go to Arrow; and next garage in line; and what is the "normal" time required to ready a bus for service? Thanks

Not sure about how many is going to Arrow, but usually took 2 weeks to 2 month from delivery date to enter into service.

Not sure about how many is going to Arrow, but usually took 2 weeks to 2 month from delivery date to enter into service.

From records, it takes the TTC about 2 weeks. That was the case for the artics which were similar buses. The MTD artics were held back for a month. I'm pretty sure those were ready back in Dec 2014. If they held back these LFSes, it might take longer. Although I highly doubt it cause they need buses for Pam Am Games.

Depends on the latent defects they find and how long it takes the manufacturer's (largely contracted) technicians to fix them.

Some take 2 days, sometimes the part is on backorder (nova doesn't make the doors, engine,trans,a/c...etc) so some "snags" can be very time consuming.

As repoted in other thread, 8402 and 8406 officially entered into service.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dangsunm/18945695386/in/dateposted-public/

8406 on Route 60

8402 on Route 191

I had a chance to ride both of them and it was nice

8404, 8407-8412 all arrived this week.

The link was broken, but he also has pic of 8407 on 60D, so that one is in service as well.

EDIT: Damn, too late a post.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on 8402, and the trans doesn't sound like a regular Allison transmission (B400R6). The bus has smooth acceleration too. I won't despite the engine being a Cummins ISL9, but can anyone get a confirmation on the transmission?

I'm on 8402, and the trans doesn't sound like a regular Allison transmission (B400R6). The bus has smooth acceleration too. I won't despite the engine being a Cummins ISL9, but can anyone get a confirmation on the transmission?

Just played a couple of videos, it's definitely an Allison tranny. Easy way to tell is the deceleration, it makes a small air dump noise before stopping.

The reason is that it's equipped with Allison's Load Based Shifting Schedule (LBSS). New York has that same software in its Allison equipped buses, which produce shorter gear throws. Don't be fooled by the ZF-like shifting pattern.

• 3 weeks later...

Was at Arrow today and spotted 8438, 8439 among others in front of the division appearing to be prepped to be put into service. As I was leaving, saw 8440 at Finch and Arrow being driven in from Novabus. Still had the protective film over the front and was not yet plated.

• 1 month later...

9103 and 9135 actually moved last weekend and started showing up on the 36 on Monday this week. Apparently 9056 moved to Arrow too.

I think we should reserve this thread for new arrivals and deliveries of LFS buses discussions and start a new thread for movements.

I made a new thread to track movements of lfs bus similar to the Orion VII thread: http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?showtopic=16971

• 2 weeks later...

That means Arrow will get all 100+ LFSes if 8455 is there

I wouldn't be surprised. There is also the chance that it's not split 55/50 but something like 70/35. It's not likely through.

At the end, I predict only 2 divisions max would get LFSes with this year's 105 and next year's 108 buses. Arrow getting 213 LFSes and have 80 hybrid left is even a possibility.

When I saw 8410 yesterday, it was parked besides the unplated 8455 together with other recently arrived buses. I am pretty positive that 8410 was still unplated but I could be wrong. It was so dark so I didn't take a photo.

8410 was in service up to last Friday. It's kinda odd to remove the plate.