TTCNLFBT

TTC Nova Bus Delivery & Service Tracking

Why is TTC receiving more Nova LFS HEV if there is a defect that has already grounded the entire fleet?

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, 7575 said:

Why is TTC receiving more Nova LFS HEV if there is a defect that has already grounded the entire fleet?

That's an easy answer. The defect is getting fixed.

• Thanks 1

It's a fair question, I think - when the H6s were getting delivered deliveries were halted for 5 months while the bugs were worked out.

Unless the newer ones are coming from the factory with the issues corrected.

• Thanks 2

This is probably the case because when I was on the 99 passing through Arrow buses were still being commissioned and some of them have license plates now.

• Like 1

Nova hybrids are returning to service with them currently on routes 21 Brimley, 53 Steeles East, 131 Nugget/903 Kennedy-Scarborough Centre Express, 939 Finch Express, 995 York Mills Express.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Someguy3071 said:

Operator training is starting again too. 

Bout time lol

They have to get this shit figured out because it's for real this time 

• Like 2

Are some LFS HEV's going back into service from Malvern? I saw a LFS HEV at Kennedy yesterday parked besides the fence, unfortunately I didn't catch the number. But I assume it was there for 21 Brimley.

5 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Are some LFS HEV's going back into service from Malvern? I saw a LFS HEV at Kennedy yesterday parked besides the fence, unfortunately I didn't catch the number. But I assume it was there for 21 Brimley.

I posted this yesterday afternoon:

17 hours ago, Shemar said:

Nova hybrids are returning to service with them currently on routes 21 Brimley, 53 Steeles East, 131 Nugget/903 Kennedy-Scarborough Centre Express, 939 Finch Express, 995 York Mills Express.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

What are your thoughts on the new buses? 

They’re alright. An improvement over the first generation. Should see some more fuel savings, but not really because or the start/stop feature. That’s largely for neat-o optics. I’m still not convinced of any business case for buying them, but I guess that wasn’t city council’s motivator.

there’s some kind of field modulating going on in the generator that the first gens don’t do. The loading sound of the engine sort of mimics the up shifting of a 3 speed transmission. Until I get some technical training that’s all I can say about it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NoUse4AName said:

I do

1 hour ago, TTC 9701 said:

You're the only one who has taken the time to ask me that. How thoughtful.

🥰